Bills 1 seed Scenario - Seems slightly more likely than 0.2%

ehfeuh57

Look at it this way...

You've got 7 games that have to fall one way.  If there's a 50-50 chance of each outcome that's 1 in 128 or slightly <1%.  If you include the Raiders over Colts too, that 1 in 256 or about 0.4%.

With the exception of our 2 games, you want the team to win that is presumably weaker & therefore should have < at 50% chance of winning.  In this case, 0.2% seems roughly right depending on where you set those probabilities.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Reasons why our losses to Titans, Jaguars,  Home to Patriots and the Bucs hurt us so much.   We had a chance to put away all those games in regulation and missed it.  Otherwise we are in the driver seat with a 13-2 record...good 2 games ahead of the Chiefs...the road to the SB would have been through WNY

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

Reasons why our losses to Titans, Jaguars,  Home to Patriots and the Bucs hurt us so much.   We had a chance to put away all those games in regulation and missed it.  Otherwise we are in the driver seat with a 13-2 record...good 2 games ahead of the Chiefs...the road to the SB would have been through WNY

Eh, I could argue the Bills have played their best on the road this year.

wins at KC, NE, and the second half of the Bucs game. 
For me the only positive for the one seed for this Bills team is the bye week to get some rest.

• Like (+1) 1

The 1 and 2 seeds are pretty much pipe dreams at this point.  The question is who do we want to face in WC weekend?  I think everyone is still recovering from the Colts beat down but that goes two ways…do we want the Pats*** again?  I don’t really care; once the playoffs start you play who’s in front of you without fear.  I’ll tell you this; there is NO team out there thinking they “want” to play Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

They're the #4 seed right now with a fairly soft schedule in front of them.  Realistically, the best they're going to get is the #3 seed, which I think requires the Bengals losing to the Chiefs.  If the best they're going to do is the #3 seed...great!  Go for it!  If nothing else, it would be bragging rights.

Given where the team was about 4 weeks ago (and with the fan base and this board throwing itself off the closest freeway overpass), I'd be f-ing THRILLED with the #3 seed.

1 hour ago, Whites Bay said:

They're the #4 seed right now with a fairly soft schedule in front of them.  Realistically, the best they're going to get is the #3 seed, which I think requires the Bengals losing to the Chiefs.  If the best they're going to do is the #3 seed...great!  Go for it!  If nothing else, it would be bragging rights.

Given where the team was about 4 weeks ago (and with the fan base and this board throwing itself off the closest freeway overpass), I'd be f-ing THRILLED with the #3 seed.

It would be a shock if the Bills didn't finish at 11-6 if they show the performance and effort of Sunday's big win in the final 2 games.  If the idea is to avoid the Colts in the Wild Card round then moving up to the 3rd seed seems necessary given the Colts schedule the last 2 weeks.  Raiders at home, Jags on the road.  Can't make a good case they'd lose either.  In week 17 the Bills need to take care of business with Atlanta but there are several important and competitive match ups that you can make a rational case for going either way.

Chiefs/Bengals

Dolphins/Titans

Rams/Ravens

Broncos/Chargers

Browns/Steelers

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Our 2 worst loses were to Pittsburgh and Jacksonville.  Absolutely no excuse for either of those 2 debacles. If we beat up on the Falcons and Jest, we'll probably have the #1 point differential in the NFL.  I'll take the AFCE and 11-6 considering our wierd loses.

11 hours ago, Process said:

Bengals over Chiefs

Broncos over Chiefs

Dolphins over Titans

Texans over Titans

Browns over Bengals

In addition to us winning out

So 0%

Add that Colts need to lose to the raiders or jags. 

So 6 games need to go our way including several underdogs winning. And we need to win out. Lol.

5 hours ago, eball said:

The 1 and 2 seeds are pretty much pipe dreams at this point.  The question is who do we want to face in WC weekend?  I think everyone is still recovering from the Colts beat down but that goes two ways…do we want the Pats*** again?  I don’t really care; once the playoffs start you play who’s in front of you without fear.  I’ll tell you this; there is NO team out there thinking they “want” to play Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills.

things could turn out in a way for the Bills to end up having to play the Colts and Titans as they move through the Playoffs. That'd be a hell of a narrative especially if in the third game they face the Chiefs.

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If the idea is to avoid the Colts in the Wild Card round then moving up to the 3rd seed seems necessary given the Colts schedule the last 2 weeks.  Raiders at home, Jags on the road.  Can't make a good case they'd lose either. 

Colts are gonna play a backup QB against a hungry LV team. I dont know if all their OL are back from this past weekend. So that’s a pretty good case for them to lose that one. 

7 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I just want the division so we’re guaranteed at least one home playoff game

If we don't have that, it's only because we blew it.

I think that is exactly where we end up, and that's fine.  

We need to play our best football of the season and take it 1 game at a time.  

When the smoke is cleared, I think it will be KC and Buffalo in the AFC Championship game, again...just as Las Vegas has predicted all season long, going back to August.

We're still the 2 best teams in the AFC and have the 2 most explosive offenses.

19 hours ago, DrDare said:

1seed.thumb.jpg.5b991c8993d33f5e73d3efc7a5a07d95.jpg

I played around with potential week 17 and 18 results until I had the Bills at the 1 seed

I excluded using any Ties

you need

1. Titans lose two ant Colts lose 1.

2. chiefs lose two

3. Bengals lose 1

all 3 occur Buffalo gets 1 seed

2 occur they get 2 seed

2 occur they get 3 seed

games this mrans

week 17 

bengals over chiefs

dolphins over titans

Raiders over colts

week 18

( first three winners are at home) 

broncos over chiefs

browns over bengals. Cleveland won first meeting 

texans over titans   Texans won first meeting 

jags over colts ( if colts win in week 17)

outside the last game of Jags,  The others are not a stretch that those teams can win.

Edited by djp14150

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.