Merry Christmas to everyone

John from Riverside

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Merry Christmas to everyone

To those out there that still have kids young enough that they still into the whole thing.....cherish those moments.

Tomorrow will be just me, the wife and my 94 year old mother. Not exactly the Christmas Day I remember so fondly, but some day I will miss Christmas with my mom, so it’s just special in a different way. Christmas will be shared with our son, DIL and grandson another day. That’s fine. We just moved this week and don’t even have a tree up. Next year should be more “Christmassy” with music, a tree and some gifts other than a new house, etc. Hopefully my mom will still be with us, and we can take her to Mass without so much fear of crowds. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Santa never ends boys.  He’s giving us the gift of 43-12 Sunday.  

John, thanks as always bud for sending out the message and couldn’t agree more.  You guys are great to chat when we all have time as we have families, friends, and careers.

Let’s hope for a blessed and better 2022 where we get back to whatever is normal these days.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

My kids are all grown up. My daughter will be 35 on January 7th and my son is 37. I do have 2 grandsons 9 and 11 to do the Santa thing. Due to My wife and daughter having to work today we will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow. I wish I could be with my son but he lives in Florida and couldn't make it home this year. I have to say I have  been very blessed to have such a wonderful family that I'm extremely proud of.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my fellow Bills Fans. GO!  BILLS!             

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I received some nice material gifts from the wife and kiddos today.   I even got one from the puppy - though I'm not convinced she actually bought it herself.  

But researchers in the field of positive psychology say experiences are really make us happy, not things.  So here's the experience I want as a belated Christmas gift: I want to watch the Bills humiliate the Pats tomorrow and regain the lead in the AFCE.  

In the meantime, Merry Christmas to my Mafia brothers and sisters around the globe!

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I was going to send everyone money but I misplaced my wallet again

Venmo or a similar service works just fine. Come on, get with the times!  😋

PSA - I sure hope we don’t have pandemic nonsense to deal with NEXT Christmas, but we were worried about getting my mother to a crowded church for Mass. We had been going to Christmas Eve Mass in recent years and it is JAM PACKED! You get there an hour early if you want a seat. No bueno. We switched it up and went to noon Mass on Christmas Day. Anybody with kids, plus most others have gotten it out of the way by then. It was fantastic as each row only had 2-3 people unless it was a large family. Some rows were completely empty! Next year we will be doing this regardless of the pandemic status, and especially if my then 95 year old mom will be with us. Super easy! 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.