Tom Brady, 2021 Sportsman of the Year

BillnutinHouston

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

0A41699C-FDE6-423B-82AC-D0254335FC43.jpeg

Idk….it doesn’t look like he’s looking at Brady imo.  As Brady comes over he starts to look at him.  Looked to me like he was looking at another player on the field and clapping, but I can’t see if there’s anyone else there.  

either way, a competitive dude was pissed and said bad words.  This is wutevs 

No it's not wutevs...it's taunting and it should have been 15 yards...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That has nothing to do with this. Brady brings this on himself. The so-called GOAT has shown us many times how classless he can be, and everyone always gives him a pass on it. So excuse for calling him out showing what a real jerk he can be.

Brady willingly ran over to the opposing teams sidelines to do this. Why can't the "GOAT" just suck it up and go to his own sideline and just take it?

It's all very strange. Ask any successful leader and there is a time in their life where they had to learn to control their emotions and "act like a leader" no matter whether they were right or wrong. 

Heck, even Allen has had to learn to remain stoic in the heat of the battle.

But Brady? Life has gone a little too easy for him. Something is off. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

There's no HC in the NFL ... hell, there's no other person on the planet ... who claps more than McDermott.  

Have you ever seen him taunt any player on any opponent's team by clapping in the player's direction/view?

No.  Because it's Bush League, unprofessional crap. 

Brady had every right to tell him to go eff himself.

Mike Tomlin says hi

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

What on earth am I taking about? I know what side of the field he was on. When Brady threw the int. he was running towards the Saints sidelines to avoid the defenders coming at him. So the Saints coach took the opportunity to let Brady have it. How often do you see a coach doing what he did?! 

You say even if the coach did that, so?!?

Same for Brady. He did what he did. So?!?  You're letting your hatred for Brady cloud your thoughts. 

I'm guessing 99% on this board would applaud Josh for doing this, myself included. GOAT haters acting like Josh wouldn't respond in that scenario. Josh has the same competitiveness/fire. And I like it.

That's what's the hell I'm talking about.

I think you’re doing mental gymnastics to support Brady here.  It’s your contention that a heroic TB12 was dodging men with fists the size of Thor’s Hammer in the video link you sent?   He was trotting like an overzealous dad at his daughter’s field hockey game after she caught one of those candy cane clubs across the kisser.   

I have no issues with TB generally, and certainly none from the clip you shared.  He’s the greatest Qb of all time, but we don’t need to create a separate narrative on this thing.   The coach was happy.  TB was unhappy.  TB lost his cool.  That’s all.  It happens to…well, it actually happens to the best of ‘em.  It’s not a big deal either way. 

I agree with you on what my response might be with JA in a similar situation, but there’s a reason for that.  It’s  because I’m emotionally vested in the Bills.  I’m irrational to a fault there.   Rumor has it I called for a meteor strike on the clown car carrying the officials home from the Bills-Bucs game, though I don’t recall because of the spiking blood pressure and pain radiating down my left arm. 

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think you’re doing mental gymnastics to support Brady here.  It’s your contention that a heroic TB12 was dodging men with fists the size of Thor’s Hammer in the video link you sent?   He was trotting like an overzealous dad at his daughter’s field hockey game after she caught one of those candy cane clubs across the kisser.   

I have no issues with TB generally, and certainly none from the clip you shared.  He’s the greatest Qb of all time, but we don’t need to create a separate narrative on this thing.   The coach was happy.  TB was unhappy.  TB lost his cool.  That’s all.  It happens to…well, it actually happens to the best of ‘em.  It’s not a big deal either way. 

I agree with you on what my response might be with JA in a similar situation, but there’s a reason for that.  It’s  because I’m emotionally vested in the Bills.  I’m irrational to a fault there.   Rumor has it I called for a meteor strike on the clown car carrying the officials home from the Bills-Bucs game, though I don’t recall because of the spiking blood pressure and pain radiating down my left arm. 

The video link was to show coach wasn't on the sidelines, he was on the field. If you watch the play, Brady avoided the rush by moving to his right, towards the Saints sideline(I didn't check the size of their fists😃). As he threw the int, he was close to the saints sideline. Closer to their sideline than he was the right hash mark.  As you saw in the video, coach wasn't on the sideline. He walked out on the field clapping and yapping at Brady. There's a lot of trash talk in the NFL. Brady did so in return and folks here act like he's a little B word. I like that you admit being irrational to a fault. Believe it or not, there no bigger fan of the Bills AND Josh than me, but the irrational part of me grew up a long time ago ( not meant to be a slight on you). Some here make fun of the Browns fans or Jets fans and some of those here are just the same. Love the screen name, by the way.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Going onto the field and clapping in Brady's face after he threw an INT.  I can't see any respected HC in the league doing that.

@MJS

Sorry Gugs, not buying it.  Marcia had to move 5-10 yards towards Allen just to implore Allen to have sex with himself.  Marcia is not only a cheat, she's a sore loser as well.  No class whatsoever. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

As Brady approached, coach was on the field clapping and yelling in his direction. Was he in his face? No, but it does look like he was talking to Brady about the int. I'm speculating, but so is anyone else here. Again, good on Brady to show the fire he still has. If it was Josh, this board would be praising that same fire/attitude. Go to 50 seconds into this video and tell me coach isn't on the field barking at Brady. He was not on the sidelines, he was on the field. For reference, the int happened along the Saints sidelines. It's not like Brady ran across the field to confront him. But, it's Brady and a lot of people here seem to have an inferiority complex with Brady and look for any little thing to blast him for. He's not it the AFCE anymore. Let it go.

You sure seem to go extra lengths to try and prove something in favor of Brady.  Perhaps its you with the inferiority complex about him.  All be damned if someone finds something funny and question the almighty Brady!

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think still think its wutevs.  

I just think its kind of funny.  I find the taunting rule stupid as hell anyhow.  These are grown men playing a competitive sport.  Of course they are going to jaw at each other.

• Agree 1

Has anyone ever spoken highly of Brady’s character outside of NE?   I mean the guy just seems like a miserable SOB.  

Oh yeah and has been caught cheating twice.   Also that whole thing during the shut down when he walked into some random persons house thinking it was a coaches place….which they weren’t suppose to be doing.   

Yeah he’s a gem of guy.  Real solid example of class…..donkey.

To clarify I am calling him a donkey.   Not anyone here.   I know we are all sensitive souls.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Close your eyes and imagine just for a moment if that was a black WR that told the opposing coach to F off?  

Can you imagine the media comments about how the player needs to grow up, is immature, is hurting his team, needs to be taught a lesson, is a thug, or is a poor role model. 

Stop bringing skin color into something that had nothing to do with it,  my god this is about Brady’s arrogance and pathetic temper and nothing else. 

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

There's no HC in the NFL ... hell, there's no other person on the planet ... who claps more than McDermott.  

Have you ever seen him taunt any player on any opponent's team by clapping in the player's direction/view?

No.  Because it's Bush League, unprofessional crap. 

Brady had every right to tell him to go eff himself.

It's not just Brady in the area if you look his defense is all coming off the field towards him and the Saints sideline.  He's not allowed to clap as they come off after a turnover??

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

What on earth am I taking about? I know what side of the field he was on. When Brady threw the int. he was running towards the Saints sidelines to avoid the defenders coming at him. So the Saints coach took the opportunity to let Brady have it. How often do you see a coach doing what he did?! 

You say even if the coach did that, so?!?

Same for Brady. He did what he did. So?!?  You're letting your hatred for Brady cloud your thoughts. 

I'm guessing 99% on this board would applaud Josh for doing this, myself included. GOAT haters acting like Josh wouldn't respond in that scenario. Josh has the same competitiveness/fire. And I like it.

That's what's the hell I'm talking about.

IF Josh does that he gets eaten alive by the media….

I don't know what the Saints coach may have said to Brady,  but at the end of the clip,  it definitely looks like he was saying something.  Whatever the case may be,  I don't really care.  Might be different if this was high school,  but they're both 40+ years old.  I doubt that's the first time either of them have ever heard that expression.  Somehow,  I doubt that's the first time its ever been used on the field,  either.  

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Close your eyes and imagine just for a moment if that was a black WR that told the opposing coach to F off?  

Can you imagine the media comments about how the player needs to grow up, is immature, is hurting his team, needs to be taught a lesson, is a thug, or is a poor role model. 

Seriously? What does this have to do with anything? 

Also, why did you change the hypothetical black player’s position? Why can’t he be a QB like Brady? 

If you’re going to gaslight… at least be better at it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, theRalph said:

He's not the HC. !@#$ brady

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

You quoted my quote. I didn't say that.

I said it.  And he was the head coach in that game.  He acted like a douche and Brady called him out on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Personally, I have no problem with Brady*, or any other QB, telling the Saints DC to GFH. However, as Brady* was on the field, it probably should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct flag, right?

or taunting?  Brady went to the Saints side of the Field to swear at him, how was that, by the stupid ass NFL rules, not "taunting".  Isnt the rule you can do whatever celebration  you want as long as you dont look at or confront the other teams?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

or taunting?  Brady went to the Saints side of the Field to swear at him, how was that, by the stupid ass NFL rules, not "taunting".  Isnt the rule you can do whatever celebration  you want as long as you dont look at or confront the other teams?

Shannon Sharpe was certainly fired up about it. I have to say, he makes a compelling case.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I said it.  And he was the head coach in that game.  He acted like a douche and Brady called him out on it.

To play devils advocate do we know Brady didn’t curse him out before he walked onto the field ? I couldn’t really tell from the video 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

27 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Personally, I have no problem with Brady*, or any other QB, telling the Saints DC to GFH. However, as Brady* was on the field, it probably should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct flag, right?

They would have had to call it on both Brady and coach/DC. He did his share of taunting too. IMO, good judgement by the officials.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

To play devils advocate do we know Brady didn’t curse him out before he walked into the field ? I couldn’t really tell from the video 

In the video clip I tried to post, he was already on the field clapping and yapping when Brady approached. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dopey said:

They would have had to call it on both Brady and coach/DC. He did his share of taunting too. IMO, good judgement by the officials.

No not at all.  Look at the NFL definition of "taunting".  Brady went and approached the acting HC, he went to their sidelines.  The HC didnt approach or go over to the Saints bench.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No not at all.  Look at the NFL definition of "taunting".  Brady went and approached the acting HC, he went to their sidelines.  The HC didnt approach or go over to the Saints bench.

Why would HC go to the Saints bench? 

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Why would HC go to the Saints bench? 

Dopey, follow the logic of what I wrote.  The  point is the HC DIDNT go over to the saints side, he DIDNT confront Brady, Brady went to the Saints side of the file and Confronted the HC.

Shannon Sharp was correct.  People and Refs give special consideration all the time to Brady.  Imagine if J Allen throws a pick and the other HC is clapping and J Allen goes over and tell the coach to go f*** himself.  I think Allen gets a penalty.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Dopey, follow the logic of what I wrote.  The  point is the HC DIDNT go over to the saints side, he DIDNT confront Brady, Brady went to the Saints side of the file and Confronted the HC.

Shannon Sharp was correct.  People and Refs give special consideration all the time to Brady.  Imagine if J Allen throws a pick and the other HC is clapping and J Allen goes over and tell the coach to go f*** himself.  I think Allen gets a penalty.

It's my understanding (and I could be wrong) that Brady was on that side of the field because that's where the INT took place.

And Shannon Sharpe is a bona fide idiot.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's my understanding (and I could be wrong) that Brady was on that side of the field because that's where the INT took place.

And Shannon Sharpe is a bona fide idiot.

I have no idea where Brady was but there is zero doubt that Brady makes a be line directly, jogs over to the Bucs side  to the head coach after the play is over and gets with a few feet of him to tell him to F off.  The rule is what it is, you dont "celebrate" looking or approaching the other team, indisputable video evidence he did.

And I agree Shannon Sharps is an idiot but in this instance, I agree 100% with  hIm.

Brady is now trying to formulate his outburst was because the Saints were going after Bucs Wider Receivers legs especially post injury to one of their star WRs.  Brady is smart, devious I would say, that will be his phycological excuse for his outburst..... it wasnt because he lost and had a bad game.   Brady's new found sudden outrage and indignation over defenders going at WR legs.  Funny he never mentioned that before now it is one of his new cause celebre.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have no idea where Brady was but there is zero doubt that Brady makes a be line directly, jogs over to the Bucs side  to the head coach after the play is over and gets with a few feet of him to tell him to F off.  The rule is what it is, you dont "celebrate" looking or approaching the other team, indisputable video evidence he did.

And I agree Shannon Sharps is an idiot but in this instance, I agree 100% with  hIm.

Brady is now trying to formulate his outburst was because the Saints were going after Bucs Wider Receivers legs especially post injury to one of their star WRs.  Brady is smart, devious I would say, that will be his phycological excuse for his outburst..... it wasnt because he lost and had a bad game.   Brady's new found sudden outrage and indignation over defenders going at WR legs.  Funny he never mentioned that before now it is one of his new cause celebre.

I get your stance, I really do.

I guess the bottom line for me is that I think we should expect better from an NFL HC - whether it's his full-time job, or he's filling in.  And I think Brady had every right to go tell him to eff off.  I'm glad neither was penalized, because I think this kind of stuff probably happens in every game; just not so openly/obviously (because most HCs are smarter and more professional).

If a coach was doing what this clown was doing, and Josh Allen was on the other end of it, I'd be 100% in support of Josh telling the guy to go eff himself.  And I still don't think it would get flagged.  I hope not, anyway.

I guess I just think this could have been avoided if the coach wasn't being a dick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.