Three things (good and/or bad) you take from this game

Italian Bills

1.   Josh, even though the foot seemed to hold up, was really struggling going thru his reads in any sort of pace.

2.  D-line had some really nice rushes.   Even though Ed Oliver did not record a sack (maybe a half?), he was a constant source of disruption. 

3.  The Spencer Brown penalty wasn't about being a bad-azz, it was about being stupid.   I don't care "who pushed who" first, this isn't a playground rumble.   

Spencer Brown was the LT on an offense that scored 31 points on a down day against a top defense. Is he a franchise Tackle? Probably not, but for a rookie he's a serviceable starter at RT for the foreseeable future.

Gabe Davis, nuff said! Get him on the field and keep him there.

Daboll's playcalling, especially in the 4th was and has been 🐔 💩. Predictable and Conservative. Major step back for him this season. Defenses have a clue now on how to slow down the Bills offense and he has not adjusted accordingly.

Edited by billsbackto81

1.  carolina has an excellent pass rush, we did OK considering no Dawk.

2.  cold weather can wreak havoc on opposing kickers leg muscles.  dome's not so much.

3.  josh needs to focus on getting his throws down a foot or two.   Has a recently developed a tendency to throw high= harder to catch, less YAC, greater chance of pickoff from deep safeties.  Revisit Mickelson speech, calm thyself and focus my young qb.

4.  sweeney can't block at all, ugly drop today.  we need a TE2 next year.

5.  Singletary's ypc is very strong, as it was his rookie season.  He's not an easy tackle either.

6.  Spencer Brown was embarassing today.  Get that freakin kid under control or bench him before he costs us our season with dumb/dirty penalties.  Holding calls are bad enough, but false starts at home c'mon man.  And taunting penalties mean you're an idiot who puts your childish impulses ahead of the team.

7.  Color rush uni's are awesome.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

1.  carolina has an excellent pass rush, we did OK considering no Dawk.

2.  cold weather can wreak havoc on opposing kickers leg muscles.  dome's not so much.

3.  josh needs to focus on getting his throws down a foot or two.   Has a recently developed a tendency to throw high= harder to catch, less YAC, greater chance of pickoff from deep safeties.  Revisit Mickelson speech, calm thyself and focus my young qb.

4.  sweeney can't block at all, ugly drop today.  we need a TE2 next year.

5.  Singletary's ypc is very strong, as it was his rookie season.  He's not an easy tackle either.

6.  Spencer Brown was embarassing today.  Get that freakin kid under control or bench him before he costs us our season with dumb/dirty penalties.  Holding calls are bad enough, but false starts at home c'mon man.  And taunting penalties mean you're an idiot who puts your childish impulses ahead of the team.

7.  Color rush uni's are awesome.

Excellent Top 3. Not so excellent next 4. 

I liked the outside running game. We are not a team that can just run it up the gut. Pulling guards, center, TE motions to the side we're running to. I said they could run this way a couple of weeks ago. Running up the gut is not our game.

I know you asked for 3 but this stood out to me the most. 

2) defensive performance

3) ST

Edited by Dopey

2 hours ago, hemma said:

We need a punter.

Should be an internal team fine for taunting penalties. Terrible discipline.  No excuse for that crap, particularly when coming on top of a batch of other penalties.  Get a handle on this right now.

Singletary should be getting 20 touches per week.

No excuse for taunting. Need an angry vet to set the policy if the coaches don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. Our Dline continues to play well against awful offensive lines - please keep getting your hands up vs Jones

2. Was Davis hurt the first 2 months of the year?  I think he was.  

3. Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson are quality #2 and #3 corners.  

We took care of business.  It's all that matters.  

But unless Allen goes full Superman, our Oline needs to obviously be better against New England in order to win there. 

1. Offense can adapt if Daboll is willing to call more creative plays to utilize McKenzie and Gabe and our RB's.

2. D still needs to evolve against stopping the run.  We will live and die on how we stop the other teams RB's moving forward.

3. Josh is still rushing his decision making, he really has to get better reads on the field.  He missed to many open options in this game that would

have made a difference today, he is still trying to force the longer down field options and he missed to many open

receivers in the middle of the field today. 5 yards is better than a INT or incomplete pass.  He has to stop the 10 yard sacks on any down.

NE next week is make or break moment for this team.  NE is not going to roll over at home and the effort we put forth in this Carolina game

is not going to cut it in NE.  We need to clean up the penalties and the bad player conduct on the field today.  You don't see NE

getting called for these stupid taunting like penalties.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

1 Not a fan of the red

2 Carolina has a good D..but still only has 5 wins.

3 For all the “smart” analytics people that say to always go for it on 4 down...Carolina was forced to...and lost by 17...and...also see Chargers vs. Chiefs..

Carolina's D is not just good....but one of the top defenses.  They don't have an offense and are also playing in the same division as the SB champs.

48 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

3. Josh is still rushing his decision making, he really has to get better reads on the field.  He missed to many open options in this game that would

have made a difference today, he is still trying to force the longer down field options and he missed to many open

receivers in the middle of the field today. 5 yards is better than a INT or incomplete pass.  He has to stop the 10 yard sacks on any down.

Without protection,  QBs are going to rush their decision making.  I am not sure about the "he missed too many open receivers".....I saw him throw at players feet very often due to the pass rush.

1.) Obada, get it out of the way. How can you not, and I hope it continues. We saw an earlier flash from Epenesa and he disappeared, but maybe this is different, and of course I'm rooting for the idea that this d-line is learning to dial it up. If they don't sack Mac Jones once next week then fire everybody involved, considering the investment.

2.) Not a surprising take whatsoever as many have been saying it for weeks - Gabe Davis might be a legit #2 and he deserves 8+ targets because of it. No more 3 target Gabe Davis - great hands, great size, great understanding of the game. He's the real #2, now get him the ball.

3.) If you work on #2 more then I think it opens up Diggs more. Diggs is still one of the best in the league. He quietly hit 1,000 again today like nothing. I want to see that 15 reception 200 yard Diggs game down the stretch, or in the playoffs. It can be done, they're already working Knox so perhaps Davis is the key. Fear of Davis + Knox = Diggs going off? I still think a classic Diggs blow up is the key to scaring the s*** out of the rest of the AFC.

11 hours ago, cwater10 said:

1) Throw to Gabe Davis and good things happen

2) Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace are assets.

3) The Tommy Sweeney experience, shouldn't be a thing going forward.

Agree with all of these. Think Levi has really stepped up. The Bills have been forced by Tre's injury to ask him to come up and challenge receivers much more than they usually ask him to and while some plays have been made against him he has made some plays too. I give him credit. Nobody is going to mistake him for a top end corner but he has stepped outside of his comfort zone because the team needed him to. 

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

Carolina's D is not just good....but one of the top defenses.  They don't have an offense and are also playing in the same division as the SB champs.

Without protection,  QBs are going to rush their decision making.  I am not sure about the "he missed too many open receivers".....I saw him throw at players feet very often due to the pass rush.

Agree. The offensive line, man oh man. 

1.)  We're not a Super Bowl contender with this o-line unless we somehow can get Dawkins-Feliciano-Morse-Williams-Brown all healthy and playing at once.

2.)  Daboll called a pretty good came considering how decrepit our o-line was.

3.)  I've watched Edmunds for about four seasons now and still have no clue if he's good or not.

The one thing I really liked in this game was the drive before the half. The Panthers had just cut it to 14-8. The Bills put a drive together to kick a FG right before half and make it a two score game again at 17-8. They also grabbed momentum heading into the locker room.

1- This is two games in a row where they faced pretty serious in game adversity and responded well. 
2- Josh Allen’s confidence does not seem to waiver during a game despite what we all feel in those same moments. 
3- Guys like Davis, Singletary, Obada, and to an extent Brown stepping up is exactly what happened last year to make this team so dangerous and they did it yesterday.   

Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.