Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats

BillsFan619

Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?

• I’m rooting for the Colts to win
    • I’m rooting for the Colts to lose
    • I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

7 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Oh, I agree. I’m rooting for the Colts to win too. I believe we can run the table.

It’s just been interesting to hear people say that it may be better if the Colts lose. So, I wanted to see how many actually think that.

Strictly looking at percentages of us making the playoffs it’s better if the colts lose…if the colts win and we beat the pats it’s great,if the colts win and the pats beat us out playoff chances are about 50/50.  I’d rather make sure we maximize our chances getting in it’s not like we’re great at home anyway 

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

What? Bills have been wildly inconsistent, so I’m not worried about the Pats, I’m worried the Bills will continue to be who they’ve been all year, a hot and cold team.

And the posters questioning how other Bills fans can root for the Pats are truly the ones who live in fear of the Pats and their legacy. Hating the Pats is great, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is foolish.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.  Bills have been inconsistent, yes, it’s put up or shut up. I believe they will put up with the talent and competent coaching. Yes they’re competent, the almost 4 year history of this regime tells me so. Recent play is the anomaly, they’ll get it right and get hot into the playoffs. So root for the colts and the Bills for a big showdown I know the Bills can win…handily. 

25 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, well the easiest route unpredictable or not is certainly not by wild card as your'e suggesting which could put them against Tenn with Henry back. It's winning the division when it's at your finger tips like it is now and beating Panthers (which I fully expect), then the next game that they have been foaming at the mouth for comes with Pats. And if you don't think their blood has been boiling for this rematch then your kidding yourself. 

If they get a W there, then last 2 weeks is ATL and Jets and I also fully expect them to win those. That's not only the easiest route but the best route in which they avoid Tenn in 1st round. 

The easiest route IN to the tournament because once the Bills get there I am not sure who or what they face matters that much. They could win or lose against anyone.

• Disagree 1

The path that is easiest to get behind (right now) and which makes the most sense is for the Bills to win out, including New England...and for New England to lose tonight against INDY.  And so we in the AFC EAST.  

And just like that, we have saved a disappointing season and are preparing to host our first playoff game.

So that is the scenario I am actively cheering for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

What? Bills have been wildly inconsistent, so I’m not worried about the Pats, I’m worried the Bills will continue to be who they’ve been all year, a hot and cold team.

And the posters questioning how other Bills fans can root for the Pats are truly the ones who live in fear of the Pats and their legacy. Hating the Pats is great, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is foolish.

You couldn't be more wrong here dude and no idea what made you think this nonsense...I also would question any Bills fan that rooted for the Jets and Fins too (guess that means I'm living in fear of them too). It's common sense fan knowledge you never root for a division rival. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

I feel like we are back in the draught with these stupid rooting interests.

When was the last time the Bills won? I truly can't remember  - it was probably

a suck team.

Well, the good news is we are playing 3 "suck teams" out of our last 4!

So get on board the Bills bandwagon.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Pats. 

Get rid of as many wild card contenders as poss. This Bills team while flawed is the kind of talented group where you just gotta get in the dance and then on their day if they play their best game they can beat anyone. 

If you offered me in as the #7 seed and at Tennessee in the wildcard now I'd snap your hand off.

I think you're onto something here.

If Bills win division they would have a home playoff game and be subject to bad weather. So snow, sleet, freezing rain, strong winds, you name it the Bills would be subject to it. Plus the enormous pressure of having to win the 1st playoff game.

I think we've clearly established at this point that the Bills are not built to play in bad weather. 

Now as the wildcard they can travel to warm weather climates or even Indys dome where I would favor them to win. Plus no pressure to win the game as the wildcard. They would essentially be playing with house money.

Long term the wildcard is better

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The easiest route IN to the tournament because once the Bills get there I am not sure who or what they face matters that much. They could win or lose against anyone.

Absolutely not....4 games left with 3 against bad teams and taking the division controlling your own destiny is the best. Although never know what can happen in playoffs, imo who they face does matter. I certainly would like to avoid Tenn in round 1 if possible and best chance to avoid that is winning division.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

The Pats/Colts game has massive implications for our playoff run.

While I get it, it was interesting to hear on the forum this week how many fans are rooting for the Colts to lose. So, I thought I’d make a poll to get a pulse of the fan base.

I’m rooting for the Colts to win because I believe the division is still in play. The Bills have a great chance of beating the Pats and running the table.

Place your vote and then discuss. Go Bills!

How do we have a "great chance" to beat the Patriots?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Pats. 

Get rid of as many wild card contenders as poss. This Bills team while flawed is the kind of talented group where you just gotta get in the dance and then on their day if they play their best game they can beat anyone. 

If you offered me in as the #7 seed and at Tennessee in the wildcard now I'd snap your hand off.

Well was curious and just checked the poll to see what's up.....you do have 9 people that agree with you.   👍

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

A few days ago I was on the side of the Pats winning ( though I couldn’t watch a game and actively root for the Pats to win). With last weeks and Thursday nights results, I’m now absolutely on the side of rooting for the Colts to win. The ESPN playoff machine should convince anyone who thinks it’s better for the Bills if NE wins. A Colts win tonite gives the Bills a great chance at the division title if they defeat CAR and the Pats. If they stumble vs Pats they still have many paths to a wildcard berth. An oddball situation with the Bills Bengals and Ravens tied would be the worst outcome for the Bills but seems unlikely given CIN and BAL schedules. So go ahead and root for the Colts : an IND win will be more positive for the Bills than a negative. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, White Linen said:

How do we have a "great chance" to beat the Patriots?

We were totally taken out of our element in the infamous wind game. Even with all of that, we almost won. Put us in a place where weather isn’t as much of a factor and I think we win.

We are a much better team than the Patriots. And unlike some think, Mac Jones isn’t the second coming of Brady. He’s closer to becoming the second coming of Chad Pennington than Brady.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, yeah it happens but all that still isn't as bad as rooting for a Pats win....Out of the very, very many Bills fans I have ever come across, I have yet to see one that would ever even consider rooting for Pats under any circumstance lol

If I was given the chance to save the planet but it meant guaranteeing a Bucs-Patriots SB, thus guaranteeing another ring for either Brady or Belichick… I’m sure the world would understand. I mean everything has to come to an end sometime. Amiright? 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transient said:

If I was given the chance to save the planet but it meant guaranteeing a Bucs-Patriots SB, thus guaranteeing another ring for either Brady or Belichick… I’m sure the world would understand. I mean everything has to come to an end sometime. Amiright? 🤷‍♂️

Lol, I know right....it's an unwritten sacred rule that unless in the rare situation it's final week and only way to make it in playoffs is that rival team winning, otherwise  you don't root for a division rival.

Gets you shunned

• Thank you (+1) 1

We need a new meme along the lines of the Mora "Playoffs? Playoffs?!!!" one.

"Patriots? Root for the Patriots?!!!!"

It's not logical to me. Ever.  I furrow my brow and try to get my brain to think it through, but it hurts and I abandon the thought.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

We were totally taken out of our element in the infamous wind game. Even with all of that, we almost won. Put us in a place where weather isn’t as much of a factor and I think we win.

We are a much better team than the Patriots. And unlike some think, Mac Jones isn’t the second coming of Brady. He’s closer to becoming the second coming of Chad Pennington than Brady.

I don't know how Bills fans don't come away from the first game feeling somewhat good about the second.

It was a very close, tight game, the weather was ridiculously extreme, and yet the game was sitting right  there, waiting for to take it and put it in the win column, ALL NIGHT LONG.

Repeat the game but eliminate the crazy weather and we are the better team and the likely winner.

IMO of course!  Will be tough and tight, no doubt, but very winnable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Ridiculous question

I hear ya, Process.

it’s interesting though, as I type there are 30 people with a response of rooting for the Colts to lose or undecided. I know it’s not a huge amount of people but it’s why I started the thread. It was interesting to hear throughout the week the people who are either wondering if they should root for the Colts to lose or hope for the Colts to lose. I even get why they’re thinking through it or thinking that way. I heard enough to where I wanted to get a pulse of the forum fan base. That’s all.

I’m hoping the Colts win because I believe we can win out. I believe when we play the patriots again, if the weather isn’t extreme, that were the better team and will win.

Edited by BillsFan619

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Your second paragraph makes no sense.  Bills have been inconsistent, yes, it’s put up or shut up. I believe they will put up with the talent and competent coaching. Yes they’re competent, the almost 4 year history of this regime tells me so. Recent play is the anomaly, they’ll get it right and get hot into the playoffs. So root for the colts and the Bills for a big showdown I know the Bills can win…handily. 

Yep, I’m pulling for the colts, why wouldn’t you want a show down with NE   You get a chance to show them what’s up and we’re still here. So yes go colts then go bills 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

While I get it, it was interesting to hear on the forum this week how many fans are rooting for the Colts to lose. So, I thought I’d make a poll to get a pulse of the fan base.

I think some who are rooting for P*ts to win are just more vocal.

Also if you look at history some root for P*ts every time they have an excuse; I think they are kindled spirits.

23 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

If you’re rooting for the Patriots,  then move to Boston....Massachusetts...

If the Colts win and then the Bills lose to New England the Bills chances of making the playoffs go down substantially. The Colts win will knock the Bills out of one of the wildcard spots. Be careful what you ask for. 

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Pats need to lose two games and we need to win out.  They're two games up on us.

We play them.  We beat them and win out, Pats only need to lose one other, Colts would do.  If we win out, we hold the tiebreaker.  Head-to-head is split.  We would have a 5-1 division record.  Pats would have lost to us once, and Miami week 1, making their division record, at best, 4-2.

• Like (+1) 1

Pats. I don't care about winning the division anymore. The #1 seed is all but impossible at this point. And I don't really care what seed we get if the #1 seed is out of contention. I don't think we really have a great home field advantage and the difference in quality between the #2 team and the #7 team will be next to nothing so I don't care who we face. So I'm rooting for whatever scenario makes it most likely that we get into the playoffs at all. In that context we want all of the teams with 6-8 wins to lose as many games as possible. I would actually like the Colts to fall out of the playoffs entirely because they are the one team I would be terrified to face in the playoffs.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Pats. I don't care about winning the division anymore. The #1 seed is all but impossible at this point. And I don't really care what seed we get if the #1 seed is out of contention. I don't think we really have a great home field advantage and the difference in quality between the #2 team and the #7 team will be next to nothing so I don't care who we face. So I'm rooting for whatever scenario makes it most likely that we get into the playoffs at all. In that context we want all of the teams with 6-8 wins to lose as many games as possible. I would actually like the Colts to fall out of the playoffs entirely because they are the one team I would be terrified to face in the playoffs.

This. Agree totally. 

27 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Yep, I’m pulling for the colts, why wouldn’t you want a show down with NE   You get a chance to show them what’s up and we’re still here. So yes go colts then go bills 

Are you really confident the Bills can go into a cold Foxboro Gillette Staduim and beat the Patriots? Sure the Bills can win but they certainly will be under dogs. I don't understand how we Bills fans can be confident going into the game. Hopeful yes...i have little confidence that our coaching staff can match the Patriots coaching staff. Allen needs to be Superman for the Bills to win. He certainly is capable of wearing the cape. We will see soon enough. First, let's take care of business vs Carolina. 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is spot on. I couldn't convey this any better. 👍

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm rooting for the Colts cuz I too think the division is still very much in play.  But if the Colts lose, it could help us in wild card. A win win.

Go Colts !!

this is how I am voting and thinking. It makes sense and the advantage goes toward our Bills possibly either way 🙂 Not often that happens.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

a question: is weather the determining factor as to wether or not there is a true home field advantage in Orchard Park? When I read that I thought Whoa why would you state you dont think 1BD is a great home field. Just curious thanks.

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

If the Colts win and then the Bills lose to New England the Bills chances of making the playoffs go down substantially. The Colts win will knock the Bills out of one of the wildcard spots. Be careful what you ask for. 

Is that because it will make the Bills lose the tie-breaker with at least 1 of the other 3 teams with a 7-6 record? 

10 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

the division is still very much open

But what is the benefit of winning the division? Even if we win out we will be 11-6. For that to be the #1 seed we would need the Chiefs to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games AND the Titans to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games. That is not happening. So if you assume the #1 seed is off the table, what is the benefit of getting a higher seed?

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

a question: is weather the determining factor as to wether or not there is a true home field advantage in Orchard Park? When I read that I thought Whoa why would you state you dont think 1BD is a great home field. Just curious thanks

In general home field advantage has not mattered as much in the NFL this year. As of November 30 home teams were 78-101-1 against the spread this year. I don't look at any team the Bills could face in the playoffs and feel that playing in their stadium is a disadvantage for us. And we all know that this Bills team is simply not built to win inclement weather games. I would rather play a mid-January game in Nashville than Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.