Our coach is Mike McCarthy with no hair.

Joe Ferguson

I've seen all the close game losses this year and the AFC title game against KC. McDermott is the reason we lost those games because of his bone head and wimpy decisions. The refs or player executions didnt cause them to lose those games. Aaron Rogers with all his greatness only had one ring because Mike McCarthy held him back. McDermott and McCarthy are the same coaches.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I've seen all the close game losses this year and the AFC title game against KC. McDermott is the reason we lost those games because of his bone head and wimpy decisions. The refs or player executions didnt cause them to lose those games. Aaron Rogers with all his greatness only had one ring because Mike McCarthy held him back. McDermott and McCarthy are the same coaches.

how many rings Rodgers got since then?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Might be the worst thread and post yet by anyone since the loss...and thats saying a lot.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

McCarthy makes decisions that make you question whether or not he actually knows the rules of football.

McDermott is definitely not to that level, but he makes poor conservative choices that I think make it harder to win football games.

Also, the dude won a super bowl as HC.  If McDermott is the same thing, sign me up.

• Like (+1) 2

So go for it on all those plays and what “assume” a positive outcome each time?    I do think McDermott deserves some criticism for decisions on some calls I don’t think all of what he is getting is justified.   People don’t like the outcome so let’s roll it back and do it different.  No way they win all those games by going for it all the time. 

• Agree 2

I think it's hindsight 20/20 bulls**t to rip McDermott over kicking a FG to make it 10-3 on 4th and goal from the three yard line in the 2nd Qtr.  I don't care what analytics say, you kick the FG there and make it a one score game.  McD was RIGHT.  I'll defend him here.  The way our offense had been faltering inside the 10 yard line, there was a high likelihood we would not have scored a TD there and ended a very good drive down 10-0.

Save all the desperation mode 4th down calls for when we have to get it later in games.  Without that FG, the Bills are not in position to tie or take the lead at the very end.

Folks need to chill.  All of a sudden people expect coaches to go for every 4th down in the red zone.  It's ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

this portal, first day after a loss, esp a tough one, is full of ventingnd and frustrations, given, we are 0-5 in close games and the gameplan, in-game decisions are magnified as a few plays made or not are the difference...ad McD isnt going anywhere anytime soon, playoffs next, and beyond that bet the assistants for the most part will be retained unless we collapse during the stretch...one big win should rid the stench

im down on him, but i think he light a fire in the second half yesterday, ill give him the rest of the season.  daboll needs to go, along w just about all of our Offensive corches.  on D im kinda more 50/50, i think it's mcD's D, and frazier is just managing it, but i could be wrong.

if we miss the playoffs, i don't think the pegula's would do it, but that's a fair time to fire them all.  not saying it's the smart move, but it wouldn't be totally unjustified.

30 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think it's hindsight 20/20 bulls**t to rip McDermott over kicking a FG to make it 10-3 on 4th and goal from the three yard line in the 2nd Qtr.  I don't care what analytics say, you kick the FG there and make it a one score game.  McD was RIGHT.  I'll defend him here.  The way our offense had been faltering inside the 10 yard line, there was a high likelihood we would not have scored a TD there and ended a very good drive down 10-0.

Save all the desperation mode 4th down calls for when we have to get it later in games.  Without that FG, the Bills are not in position to tie or take the lead at the very end.

Folks need to chill.  All of a sudden people expect coaches to go for every 4th down in the red zone.  It's ridiculous.  

What did you think of his decision not to take the tie into OT vs Tenn?

43 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Big McDermott fan, huh?

He's OK. I wish he had a better offensive background so he could do more to ride herd on Daboll.

But considering that he's pretty much the opposite of McCarthy, who has a big mouth and a tiny set, the comparison is incredibly stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

How anybody can defend McClappy and his in game decisions is mind blowing.

He’s a horrible coach who’s wasting a once in a generation type talent in Josh Allen.

His ass should’ve been fired after losing to the Jacksonville freakin Jaguars. He will never ever ever get this team over the hump. He’s scared of his own shadow on game day…like Coach Kline at south central Louisiana state.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Incredible analysis.  Einstein you are

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I thought the fg was definitely the right choice…the punt towards the end of the game though on 4th and 3 I very much did not like and still don’t even though we pretty much won that game as far as I’m concerned no matter what anybody says 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What did you think of his decision not to take the tie into OT vs Tenn?

It's documented somewhere on this board.  I wanted them to kick the FG and go to OT.  I was at the game, and said it to the two people i was with in the moment.  The energy in the stadium was such that i felt we would fail.   And i wanted the whole team to decide the game, not one play.  But after the game, i was told I was wrong as everyone said McD made the right choice.  But i disagreed, I guess I'm more old school than McDermott.  

And looking back from that moment on, it's like the Bills were knocked off their pedestal as an AFC powerhouse and have been spiraling ever since.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McCarthy won a superbowl and I don't believe that will ever happen with McDermott. He's got a great shot of getting the Cowboys to one in the next few years as well.

Allen very well may be the guy that leads this team to the promised land someday but it will be with a different head coach and I'm 100% confident in that.

Oh, come on.  While I don't happen to think that McD is that great of a HC, at the same time I've seen worse.  Much worse.

He's not BB, but then again he's not Dick Jauron.  Frankly, if our worst problem is changing HC in the offseason, then I admit that this is something that as a Bills' fan for 45 years (give or take a year) that I have not seen before.  Watch the 1984/5 seasons if you get the chance.  That is some *****.

3 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

This franchise was a complete dumpster fire before McDermott/Beane got here. I’m giving them ALLLLL the benefit of the doubt. I’m sorry 

This team wasn't bad from 2014 - 2016, they just fell short by a game or two and didn't get lucky on a 4th and 15 play by Andy Dalton. Both Marrone and Rex Ryan could have easily got there and both did with other teams.

People really need to stop acting like this regime are messiahs and that fans need to be in their debt or something.  Yes the last 5 years have been markedly different from the previous 17 but again it's now about getting to a SB and winning one, not just making the playoffs especially as a WC team which is best case for this team.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

This team wasn't bad from 2014 - 2016, they just fell short by a game or two and didn't get lucky on a 4th and 15 play by Andy Dalton. Both Marrone and Rex Ryan could have easily got there and both did with other teams.

People really need to stop acting like this regime are messiahs and that fans need to be in their debt or something.  Yes the last 5 years have been markedly different from the previous 17 but again it's now about getting to a SB and winning one, not just making the playoffs especially as a WC team which is best case for this team.

Rex Ryan was going to take this team to the playoffs?  Marrone?  No.  They sucked as HC.  This regime is the most sane that I have seen since the late 1990s, and that's saying a lot.  This team was awful for 17 years, and you can't ignore that.

50 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

the punt towards the end of the game though on 4th and 3 I very much did not like and still don’t

I agree and will say two things about that punt.

1) As much as we hated it, I have no doubt McDermott hated doing it even more

2) It was the right call

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I agree and will say two things about that punt.

1) As much as we hated it, I have no doubt McDermott hated doing it even more

2) It was the right call

Maybe I’ll warm up to it haha I really liked both fg calls but I’m so mad about other things that I haven’t revisited the punt after the fact.  4th and short is tough when the defense knows you wouldn’t dare run it…that playbook gets real small.

I think an OT game should benefit us since we rotate dlinemen but we just cannot win a close game this year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe I’ll warm up to it haha I really liked both fg calls but I’m so mad about other things that I haven’t revisited the punt after the fact.  4th and short is tough when the defense knows you wouldn’t dare run it…that playbook gets real small 

It gets even smaller when you have to rip out all the sections that your OLine can't execute reliably.

The risk of going down 3 scores right there outweighed the reward.

It may have taken even more balls to force yourself into a punt call you hate but know is right than it would to just say **** it and go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.