Most unbearable part of Jacksonville loss

WyoAZBillfan

What was the worst part of Sunday’s loss?Coaching... questionable at best in situations.

Preparedness-nonexistent or so it appears.

Energy/desire- sure looked slim.

Execution of offensive plays-🤮

Fanbase......🤦🏼‍♂️ Tougher than normal

I’ve been coming to twobillsdrive.com/stadium wall a long time, best fans in the world. Heck I’ve been a bills fan longer than I can actually date. I don’t post much. I come here for the fun, friendship, opinions and to be “around” others that support the team I love. 

During the Jacksonville game so many naysayers, fair weather fans and flat out trolls made part of a game day ritual, unbearable. Sure we as Bills fans are gluttons, we are rooting for the perpetual underdog! Reading posts from folks who had given up after 2-3 quarters is tough, but then to turn on your team... shameful. 

Sell the theaters, eliminate drama and for the love of all that’s good.... just enjoy the ride! it’s a game.. entertainment.. and never, ever throw your players under the bus! Bad days happen. Relax. Let it play out, maybe they finally get a championship and you’ll get bragging rights and still have some self respect, having not given up. It’sa game, and it’ll start all over next week, next month and next year! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

I agree. This week convinced me that Bills fans aren't actually the best fans in the league. I think Bills fans are just too damaged from the Superbowl losses and the drought. They can't let a moment of misery escape them. They compound every negative thing and make it 10 times worse in their minds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Those super bowl losses were brutal. Should have beaten NY and all the other games we were absolute one sided blow outs.

But the worst thing about yesterdays loss was....

I ran out of Corona before the game ended....Damn it !!!  I need a better Beer Coordinator.. I wonder if Daboll wants an new job...

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Toyo321 said:

Those super bowl loses were brutal. Should have beaten NY and all the other games we were absolute one sided blow outs.

I ran out of Corona before the game ended....Damn it !!!  I need a better Beer Coordinator.. I wonder if Daboll wants an new job...

It was having to seem homely people in a chintzy looking pool every five minutes during the game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Those super bowl losses were brutal. Should have beaten NY and all the other games we were absolute one sided blow outs.

Not sure how you could have run out of Corona.....

Theres a fair bit around if you know where to look for it.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Nobody accuses Bills fans of being fair weather fans.

I'll do it right now. Bills fans are fair weather fans. Not that they will stop watching or going to games, but they are quick to give up on the team and extremely slow to trust the team.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'll do it right now. Bills fans are fair weather fans. Not that they will stop watching or going to games, but they are quick to give up on the team and extremely slow to trust the team.

I think it’s a defense mechanism against inevitable heart break. My guess is all of us are gluttons for punishment and we all watched every excruciating second of that and every bad Bills loss through the years.

I’ve never met a “former” Bills fan.

No fair weather fans here.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

That’s not a “fair weather” fan.  

When you start seeing a bunch of us who have this “It’s ok.. Go Bills” attitude, then worry… because, typically, that’s apathy.  

You don’t get the road stadium takeovers, massive charity donations and airport welcome wagons without the bad passion too.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

During the Jacksonville game so many naysayers, fair weather fans and flat out trolls made part of a game day ritual, unbearable. Sure we as Bills fans are gluttons, we are rooting for the perpetual underdog! Reading posts from folks who had given up after 2-3 quarters is tough, but then to turn on your team... shameful. 

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

This week convinced me that Bills fans aren't actually the best fans in the league. I think Bills fans are just too damaged from the Superbowl losses and the drought. 

This area and its fanbase definitely have an inferiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with schadenfreude. From a football discussion perspective, the cheerleaders after a win are no different than the doomsayers after a loss -- they're both just forum noise. It can be tuned out with a discerning eye.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

What was the worst part of Sunday’s loss?Coaching... questionable at best in situations.

I’ve been coming to twobillsdrive.com/stadium wall a long time, best fans in the world. Heck I’ve been a bills fan longer than I can actually date. I don’t post much. I come here for the fun, friendship, opinions and to be “around” others that support the team I love. 

Sell the theaters, eliminate drama and for the love of all that’s good.... just enjoy the ride! it’s a game.. entertainment.. and never, ever throw your players under the bus! Bad days happen. Relax. Let it play out, maybe they finally get a championship and you’ll get bragging rights and still have some self respect, having not given up. It’sa game, and it’ll start all over next week, next month and next year! 

The jaguars right tackle being allowed to false start all game long

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Preparedness this offense thought they would show up an just score 40 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I agree. This week convinced me that Bills fans aren't actually the best fans in the league. I think Bills fans are just too damaged from the Superbowl losses and the drought. They can't let a moment of misery escape them. They compound every negative thing and make it 10 times worse in their minds.

This years team has yet to beat a team with a winning record and we’ve lost to two teams that are bottom feeders.  There is plenty of room for concern that this team will let the fan base down again (not including last year) like they have for a majority of the last 20+ years.  Fans have every right to bash this team, and boo them off the field for last weeks performance.  Like you said, it’s a sport and for entertainment purposes.  What happens when entertainers don’t entertain?  

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The older I get, the more I think "best fanbase" is a useless title people with Stockholm syndrome cling to.  They get very defensive whenever other Bills fans complain about the Bills, because it (Bills mafia) is the only "meaningful" thing in their lives.  If you don't have the same passion as the folks who line up to kiss the teams ass at the airport, after a dumpster fire loss, it makes these fans feel threatened somehow.  Thus you are not a "real fan".

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

This area and its fanbase definitely have an inferiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with schadenfreude. From a football discussion perspective, the cheerleaders after a win are no different than the doomsayers after a loss -- they're both just forum noise. It can be tuned out with a discerning eye.

I agree somewhat and I have been critical of both attitudes.  But the doomsayers are far worse.

5 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Like it or not, many “fans” are exactly that going off name recognition, which itself is funny considering how many Priceline QB17 a bust before first season was over. 
a true Bills fan has been there, done that. Going to stick regardless. It’s a different game now days.

9 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

I think you are seeing some band wagon fans who jumped on this year being loud outspoken and uninformed critics. I saw it at the game on Sunday. I barely go on the game day thread because I make myself anxious enough. Ha
End of day we are a great fan base. Sure we get a little caught up in the moment. We are a family. We will be critical of our own, but we also will be there to pick them up when down. We don’t tolerate others tearing down our team. 
Never forget we are the fan base who cheered on our field goal kicker at the parade after the Super Bowl loss. 
Perspective happens for most fans at some point and then they can relax more during the game/season and enjoy the ride. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

The ones that travel to Florida are pretty awful. Miami games are the same way.

Anyone present at the Thursday night game a few years back with Orton would know what I’m talking about.

I’ve been pretty hesitant to attend since.

Edited by Governor

Maybe not the most heartbreaking, I lived through those, this was possible the worst loss in franchise history.  The most maddening or inexcusable at very least.

Some including me have talked about taking a break from NFL games as they have become horrible to watch.  The officiating, injuries, and reviews make it unwatchable anymore.  Last nights game perfect example.  The NFL product is deteriorating, they need to fix it and soon.

I do agree a lot of Bills fans live on the extremes of timid abused fan from past experiences, all the way to caring way to much.  Polarized group we are for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

“They?” Thanks for spending time on another fanbase’s site. We’ll welcome you to the fold one day. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

JMO, but I don't think it's necessarily the "damaged" true long time fans that "compound every negative thing".

I think the last 2 years success brought us a lot of "good time Charlies"

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

JMO, but I don't think it's necessarily the "damaged" true long time fans that "compound every negative thing".

I think the last 2 years success brought us a lot of "good time Charlies"

I will add that there are also some "fans" that seem to primarily show up (or in some cases become much more prominent) after losses

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I will add that there are also some "fans" that seem to primarily show up (or in some cases become much more prominent) after losses

Indubitably

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Some including me have talked about taking a break from NFL games as they have become horrible to watch.  The officiating, injuries, and reviews make it unwatchable anymore.  Last nights game perfect example.  The NFL product is deteriorating, they need to fix it and soon.

This is true and count me in that number.

The NFL has always had controversies over reffing, but the quality and quantity of the calls and their influence on the game has, to my impression, increased exponentially in a way that makes it very frustrating to watch.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

That would include you, correct? Or are you the special one out of the whole bunch?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.