Week 9: Bills at Jags

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wait did they rush 7 and leave only 4 in coverage?  LMAO no wonder they backed off the blitz in the second half.

Miami doesn't have the horses up front to simply rush 4 and drop everyone else. 

Most defenses need to blitz Josh and hope they time it right.

On 11/4/2021 at 7:42 PM, Success said:

I just realized that I'm freaking out.  I'm not sure I know this team yet.  They're not the team I expected in '21, but they're still awesome.  I'm enjoying the season, but also filled with trepidation.  Are we one of the best teams?  Are we a contender, but not there yet?  Is it all just week to week?  What if we show up in the SB and play like we did the 1st half against Miami?

Why are we here?  What is our place in the universe?  What if I had married the girl that checked every box, but we were just "too young?"  

As I mentioned, I'm freaking out. I hope the Jacksonville game is over by halftime.

This is why I avoid sativa.  Stick to the body high, my friend.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wait did they rush 7 and leave only 4 in coverage?  LMAO no wonder they backed off the blitz in the second half.

Miami was running a lot of cover 0. We started doing better in the second quarter against it, but they were committed and that throw was in the 4th quarter iirc. 

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Great throw. Terrible punt.

Poor tryout to be punter. But we know he’s got the hands to hold. 😂

1 minute ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

In the slo-mo it almost looks like Singletary throws his hands up and shrugs when there isn’t a rusher for him 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, but he runs right by a rusher. I know they’re taught to protect from the inside, out but knowing that a defense is in 0 coverage does that change knowing that isn’t much time to get rid of football?

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah, but he runs right by a rusher. I know they’re taught to protect from the inside, out but knowing that a defense is in 0 coverage does that change knowing that isn’t much time to get rid of football?

I think with the fake he’s supposed to go that side. It’s cover 0. They are bringing more than we can block up. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It isn’t so much that he runs by the rush from 91, the play action takes him out of position to put a block on him.  91 is free because Feliciano is pulling.  Morse actually does a good job of handing off the tackle and cleaning up 28.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

If daboll runs 50 times again tomorrow, I have no doubt they are saving their offense for better teams. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the bills go conservative against the jags. 

There’s no doubt to me they are hiding some things. How many snaps did Gilliam have against the chiefs?  There are matchup specific things that could work but we are not using. 

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

If daboll runs 50 times again tomorrow, I have no doubt they are saving their offense for better teams. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the bills go conservative against the jags. 

this would be insane. The jags major weakness is when you spread them out and throw. I expect we will go 4 and 5-wide a lot tomorrow. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I need Boogie Basham to play Sunday.  Like physically need.  Playing Obada or Butler Jr. will literally kill me....

Butler only played last week because Zimmer was out. He practiced all week and has no game designation so he will be active.

basham v Epenesa v Obada is really a numbers game at that position 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.