Week 9: Bills at Jags

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Reading Banged-Up Bills -- sounds like Beasley could be on the injury report this week.  Sit him for Jax and play Face of the Franchise/Gabe Davis in the slot.

The bills WRs all can play any spot but IMHO Sanders would be the best guy to spot Beasley if he misses the game.  Would let Davis play outside where his size and skills on sideline patterns are maximized.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I got an X reaction for this one 😂 I’m not saying we’re not a great team just that’s why our percentage is so high lol the road to the super bowl through the afc is objectively easier than the nfc and we’re in the best position to make that run. Also the team with the bye needs to win one less game which is a huge advantage probability wise and I’d say we’re the favorite for that now so our super bowl odds don’t sound too high to me 

You think he road to the SuperBowl is easier in the AFC?  There are 5 teams in the NFC that have a shot (Tampa, GB, Cardinals, Rams and Cowboys primarily) but in the AFC, there are at least 10 in the conversation  (Buffalo, Chiefs, Ravens, Chargers, Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Patriots,Titans, Raiders maybe Colts?)

Maybe you’re right that the NFC is more top heavy, but the AFC is much deeper in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

I feel bad for the kid. 

I feel a bit bad for Lawrence, but part of me is Salty over the power of narrative.

The narrative when the Jags drafted Lawrence was "consensus no-brainer pick. He was a generational talent set to take a cursed Jaguars franchise and turn them into a contender. A golden-armed prodigy taking the form of something the NFL hadn’t seen since Andrew Luck."

So now that he's completing 59.6% of his passes and has thrown 9 picks to 8 TDs, the narrative is that "Trevor Lawrence is being failed by the entire Jaguars organization".

It makes me salty because in Allen's rookie season, he was considered way too raw to take starter reps in training camp and preseason, then pitchforked into the first game at halftime.  His OL was Dawkins -Ducasse (last season) -Bodine (last season)-Miller-Mills (last season as starter) - so 3/5 guys on their way out of the league and 1/5 guard who went on to play for some bad OLs.  His top WR were Zay "13 ypg for LVR" Jones, fat Kelvin Benjamin (last year in football), and rookie Robert Foster. 

And yet because of the "narrative" that Allen was "a parody of a first round draft pick" (see Josh Allen receipts thread) etc, the "narrative" his first year wasn't that the organization had mismanaged the situation and hadn't put enough talent around him; the narrative was that he sucked.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I read it somewhere else here, but I don't remember the source.  Ugh.  Did he say anything about its severity or progress?

No he just mentioned it in relation to disappointment that 3 guys were moved around to account for one injury which isn’t ideal (Feliciano switching sides)

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Didn't realize there were that many Bills fans in Duval County

I’m here -and will be part of a 12 person contingent from WNY! 

2tix $250

Tailgate with family traveling here for the game 🤷‍♂️ a couple hundred $ more..

Seeing the Bills play during a Super Bowl season? PRICELESS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean its nothing new for Josh. Feliciano was practically an invisible space anyways.

I wish I had workable all-22 to go through the game play by play, but this is plain and simple bull#### from what I have seen.

Did Feliciano get beat at times, Yes. 

Did he block well and Do His Job at others, Also Yes.

He's not a top OG.  But he's not trash.  He's paid like a low-level starter (#28 in AAV on his contract, I believe), with possibly a bit of a premium because he's proven he can play both sides and play center capably.  

He plays at that level.

Beane seems to have a pattern to take multiple "shots on goal" at a position when he doesn't have the ammo for a big move.  I believe Beane thought that with Forrest Lamp and Jamil Douglas in FA, possible that Boettger could take a step and Feliciano or Ford improve after a full off season of training, he'd done enough.  He needed to succeed 2/5 shots.

IMHO Beane made a mistake not investing more in the OG position (draft or FA), but his FA dollars were limited and he had to make hard choices.  And I can see the logic of what he did do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t imagine whoever takes his place could be much worse than he was yesterday. But part of the problem was moving to RG. They had one injury and moved three people to different positions 

That's gonna go with the territory if they continue with the notion of starting Williams at G.

Williams is a much better player at RT than Bates or Ford or Doyle at this point.

Boettger has played capably at LG last season but apparently struggles to play both sides.

I'd like to see someone evaluate how Bates did at RG because this might be our chance to check out what Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Bates-best available RT would look like.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.