Week 9: Bills at Jags

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

That was a good interview. Sanders is a good guy

🙄

This is Love's big chance to show some level of competency. A Packers fan-friend said he will be singing "All we need is Love"

Better hope your Packers fan-friend isn't a J. Geils fan or they could be singing "Love Stinks".

• Haha (+1) 1

No team blows out a team twice.  I think Buffalos offense woes are over blown.  Every team has those type of games.  Teams that lose them press and force throws.  They are become a more complete offense.  They have now faced pretty much every style of defense and figured out a way.  I expect Buffalo score alot and win alot. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

No team blows out a team twice.  I think Buffalos offense woes are over blown.  Every team has those type of games.  Teams that lose them press and force throws.  They are become a more complete offense.  They have now faced pretty much every style of defense and figured out a way.  I expect Buffalo score alot and win alot. 

I don't know about "overblown", but I'd go with "self-inflicted":

-2 TD called back against the Titans, for at least an 11 point swing

-probably the wrong play or wrong implementation of that play on 4th and short

-forcing the deep shot when the underneath guy is open

We are good, but we can be better

11 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Except if you're the 2001-2018 New England Patriots against the Bills.

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Except if you're the 2001-2018 New England Patriots against the Bills.

Once a year they put forth an effort.  By middle 3rd quarter that effort evaporated.  Similar to the Dolphins game. 

On 11/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

What the hell happened in Tennessee then? 

I do think the run defense is better as many of us predicted with Star coming back.  It will be interesting to see if Phillips keeps his game day spot or if they go back to Zimmer when he is healthy 

I think it’s a combination of Derrick Henry and their play action pass game…I could be misremembering but they were mostly burning us on the play action pass late in the game

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I agree, bro. Even the dominant years of the Pats usually had us playing good/close for some or a lot of one of those games. Some fans are getting spoiled and need to realize that every SB contender has down halves, games or even slumps during a season. 

"We didn't score over 30 points. What happened?"

"We didn't obliterate this bad team. Are we a SB contender or not?"

"We settled for a FG or two. If we do that vs. (fill in the blank) team, we'll lose."

"We had a bad quarter or half. Are we as good as we thought we were?"

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 7

12 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Never would have guessed back in late April we would be this concerned about Spencer Brown being on the injury list.

What an amazing selection by the Beaner. 

Still aren't concerned... Let him get healthy while they play the ***** teams.

2 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

With Knox out and Beasley a bit banged up, would anyone think that Davis might get a good uptick in playing time finally - especially against the Jags?

Beas banged up already? They should probably rest him until the playoffs if they actually think they need him.

Edited by Governor
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rest until the playoffs, what?

I guess it depends on how they value him. They could just run him ragged until the playoffs and be without after that…..or they could rest him and use him during the playoff run.

What I’m saying is that he can’t last an entire season and a run to the SB and play in that game and be effective.

I thought he was shot at the end of last season TBH.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2

18 minutes ago, Governor said:

I guess it depends on how they value him. They could just run him ragged until the playoffs and be without after that…..or they could rest him and use him during the playoff run.

What I’m saying is that he can’t last an entire season and a run to the SB and play in that game and be effective.

I thought he was shot at the end of last season TBH.

He's on a better statistical pace this year than he was last year.  He ended the season very well last year.

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's on a better statistical pace this year than he was last year.  He ended the season very well last year.

He had broken bones and couldn’t run during the KC game. He likely had multiple other injuries also. 

“You can’t dance with a broken leg” is what I heard over the loudspeaker numerous times before the Dead came onstage at Giants Stadium and we all jumped the 14 ft. wall anyway and some broke their legs and ankles.

Edited by Governor

20 minutes ago, Governor said:

He had broken bones and couldn’t run during the KC game. He likely had multiple other injuries also. 

“You can’t dance with a broken leg” is what I heard over the loudspeaker numerous times before the Dead came onstage at Giants Stadium and we all jumped the 14 ft. wall anyway and some broke their legs and ankles.

You talk as if he's chronically injury prone?  I haven't seen that.  Think we should shelf Allen until the playoffs? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to understand your point here.

32 minutes ago, Governor said:

“You can’t dance with a broken leg” is what I heard over the loudspeaker numerous times before the Dead came onstage at Giants Stadium and we all jumped the 14 ft. walk anyway and some broke their legs and ankles.

So how was he shot?

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You talk as if he's chronically injury prone?  I haven't seen that.  Think we should shelf Allen until the playoffs? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to understand your point here.

Dunno. He looked 30 in that KC game. I’m 46 and and roughly his size but a few inches taller and I don’t think I could survive a full season of passes that put your body in really bad situations like we’ve seen previously. 

it doesn’t look like he has all that much left to me. Josh puts him in terrible positions and I admire how he brings them down, but I never felt he could do it another full season.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

With Knox out and Beasley a bit banged up, would anyone think that Davis might get a good uptick in playing time finally - especially against the Jags?

I would like to hope so. 

Davis, and McKenzie.

Afraid that Beasley is going to insist on playing and aggravating his injuries instead of sitting and letting himself heal, and the coaching staff won't force it.

6 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Never would have guessed back in late April we would be this concerned about Spencer Brown being on the injury list.

What an amazing selection by the Beaner. 

Yeah I think the concern about Brown's health has more to do with the terrible OG play than it does how Brown has played. That Brown can be competent at RT lets them move Williams to RG where he is not as good as RT but still much better than the three other guys that are on the roster 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.