10/17 Bengals at Poe-Birds 1 pm EST on CBS

Hapless Bills Fan

This year has had some weird games man...

It's hard to tell the hierarchy of teams in the AFC. Titans destroying the Chiefs (after barely winning last week), Ravens blown out by Bengals (after just week killing the Chargers)... It's all up in the air at this point. Wild!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

This year has had some weird games man...

It's hard to tell the hierarchy of teams in the AFC. Titans destroying the Chiefs (after barely winning last week), Ravens blown out by Bengals (after just week killing the Chargers)... It's all up in the air at this point. Wild!

That's why I refuse to get cocky about playing the Phins, Jags and Jets. The Jets beat the Titans for crying out loud. Sure, earlier in the season but when you see the difference in talent it's insane.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wow the NFL is a week to week league. Baltimore is getting absolutely blow away.

Bengals have over 500 yards of offense.

When will fans and the "media" get this simple point.

Last Sunday after the Chargers game Jackson was a god.  7 days later look at what happened.

This is why every Bills game I say, "just win.".   JUST WIN PERIOD

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the best set-up to win the conference that the Bills have had since the SB era...........there are no teams in the AFC that don't have glaring positional weaknesses.

However,  there are teams like Cinci who are probably a year away from peak and teams like Baltimore that are having down seasons in terms of performance or injuries that can expect to bounce back next year.

The time is now McBeane.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Did Lamar get injured in this game? Haven’t watched any of it, and saw his backup on the box score.

He was pulled when it got to 41-17.  He was largely ineffective anyway.  Great game by Bengals D.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

That's why I refuse to get cocky about playing the Phins, Jags and Jets. The Jets beat the Titans for crying out loud. Sure, earlier in the season but when you see the difference in talent it's insane.

100% true.

Schedules can look "easy," on paper, but it's still the NFL & teams caught sleeping can get punished. 

And unlike the NFC which has a pretty clear leader in every division (with 2 good teams in the West), the AFC is a bit more crowded & competitive. No 6 win teams, 2 divisions where everyone is still in the mix for division crown, and some young teams who could be dangerous any given Sunday.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Ravens are the most overrated team in the league, been saying it every week. Bengals are the best team in that division and it's not close. That offense is absolutely stacked. 

Aren’t the Steelers and Browns in that division? I’m not ready to crown the Bengals, yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you think Lamar Jackson is a good passing QB? 

no. hes a great player. im not taking him as my QB in this NFL. On top of crazy off script plays, and running, He can make above avg throws from the pocket with a lot of setup/time. Think he has the longest time to throw. A lot of his throwing success is due to to the system. the Fear of the run. they can max protect (ppl are spying or just trying to contain lamar) and they just send 2 or 3 out in pattern (one of which is always a TE - and andrews is very good).

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Didn’t catch the rest of the game so I can’t comment on the rest of the game…… but I guess getting blown out translates to Lamar is still not that good and all he can do is run? 

You know what I’m referring to. You being wrong. As usual. 

34 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Happy for the Bengals and  will have to be taken seriously in the North.  This really helps is as the Chiefs crapped the bed again.  The Titans still have a tough schedule ahead.

Actually, they have the third easiest schedule for the most part.  They seem to be tougher at home than on the road, though.

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Actually, they have the third easiest schedule for the most part.  They seem to be tougher at home than on the road, though.

Yea the next 3 are probably their toughest games.  Unless they play the "good" Steelers, their last 6 should be relatively easy for them if henry can keep running like he is. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It is pretty much inarguable at this point. No o-lineman is responsible for 200 yards and a TD. Competent o-linemen are easier to find than superstar WRs.

Plus the bust rate for o linemen drafted in top 7 is way too high. Chase was an absolute slam dunk.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Didn’t catch the rest of the game so I can’t comment on the rest of the game…… but I guess getting blown out translates to Lamar is still not that good and all he can do is run? 

After coming out and leading the Ravens on a great drive to open the 2nd half and throwing a beautiful 39 yard TD pass Jackson disappeared from the game. 

The Bengals would outscore the Ravens 28 - 0 after Jackson's opening 3rd quarter drive.  I do think Jackson is a special talent at QB who is a better passer then some think. BUT, today a passing shootout broke out in the second half of the game and Jackson was MIA.  Similar to his disappearance in playoff games, today's loss was a big deal within the AFC North.

With a few different bounces of the ball the Bills could easily be 6 - 0.  On the other hand a few different bounces of the ball would leave Baltimore at 3 - 4 or even 2 - 5.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.