Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right.  

Frank Clark has been injured and has only played in one game I believe. His return could push Chris Jones back inside more often—-which is bad news for our OL imo.   

Their most athletic LB, Willie Gay, hasn’t played yet this year either 

Based on the last two meetings vs KC- it’ll be on our coaching staff to get things right.  They failed epically 

—-I just heard that a Chris Jones’ wrist injury is apparently more serious that they had initially thought and that he’ll be a game time decision.  If he sits, I think we win 💯 

I think Jones sitting for them is more exploitable for us than Milano sitting for their offense vs us. 

… and I freaking love Milano so that’s saying something. But Jones has left a lot of a scar tissue for me. Haha. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Miami offense is putrid imo  They are not mediocre imo. Their OC should be fired in weeks, not at the end of the season.  

Could be.  We'll see.  I don't think this "OC by committee" is working out for them, true.  Right now, except for the Bills game, it qualifies as mediocre.   They managed to go out the following week and score 28 points against the Raiders and take them to OT.  Las Vegas doesn't have the worst defense in the league 😛.  You might be Nostradamus, but they are what they are for now.

The Steelers, also putrid.  Not mediocre.  That’s a bad offense. 

Isn't that what I said?  "One of them seems to have a legit bad offense" in the post you quoted, and "They're currently ranked 28 on offense and they deserve to be." in my previous post to which you responded

The WFT offense is average  jmo

Again, you may be Nostradamus but right now they're just outside the top 10 (11th).  They might fall to below average over the next 6 games and then come on strong the last 7 games of the season.

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right.  

Frank Clark has been injured and has only played in one game I believe. His return could push Chris Jones back inside more often—-which is bad news for our OL imo.   

Their most athletic LB, Willie Gay, hasn’t played yet this year either 

Based on the last two meetings vs KC- it’ll be on our coaching staff to get things right.  They failed epically 

—-I just heard that a Chris Jones’ wrist injury is apparently more serious that they had initially thought and that he’ll be a game time decision.  If he sits, I think we win 💯 

It’s not about being “right” it’s looking at the two 2021 teams objectively and not with rose colored glasses OR 2020 scar tissue. But the game, as we know, is not played on paper. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think Jones sitting for them is more exploitable for us than Milano sitting for their offense vs us. 

… and I freaking love Milano so that’s saying something. But Jones has left a lot of a scar tissue for me. Haha. 

I feel the same 💯 

Jones is our daddy and was the best player on the field in both games

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could be.  We'll see.  I don't think this "OC by committee" is working out for them, true.  Right now, except for the Bills game, it qualifies as mediocre.   They managed to go out the following week and score 28 points against the Raiders and take them to OT.  Las Vegas doesn't have the worst defense in the league 😛.  You might be Nostradamus, but they are what they are for now.

currently, the Miami O is bad.  2nd worst 15ppg-  2nd worst yards per game.  I don’t see why you would say “except for the bills game, they’re mediocre”.  You can’t just take away 25% of the games played and try to prove a point.  

Isn't that what I said?  "One of them seems to have a legit bad offense" in the post you quoted, and "They're currently ranked 28 on offense and they deserve to be." in my previous post to which you responded

I thought you were talking about Houston being legit bad-. They are legit bad-. 

Again, you may be Nostradamus but right now they're just outside the top 10 (11th).  They might fall to below average over the next 6 games and then come on strong the last 7 games of the season.

They’re just outside of the top 10 in points- they’re behind Detroit in yards per game- 20th in the league-  I wouldn’t consider them to be a “good offense, average sounds about right to me.  But to each their own.  

I see Miami, Houston and the Steelers as 3 of the worst offenses in the league.  Not sure why anyone would disagree- Nostradamus

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

"Home field advantage" hasn't existed for 3 years in a row now.  At least in the NFL.  

Some say last year had to do with COVID and no fans at games, but the trend started the year prior with fans, and it's continuing again this year with fans too.

I’d still rather be playing this game at home with fans,  regardless of recent stats. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d still rather be playing this game at home with fans,  regardless of recent stats. 

agreed

I read the more recent stats too.
But Buffalo is the outlier i believe then.

Complete and steady game wins the day. But this one is going to be nuts. Biggest game of the year !

Go Bills

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I promise that they wouldn’t have the worst defense in the league if they had played the Steelers, Fins, WFT and the Texans.  

DVOA has them as the worst defense in the league and that accounts for opponent (admittedly the opponent adjustment is only at 40% strength right now). They let an awful Eagles offense put up 30 points and 461 total yards. Yeah it's fair to say they are the worst defense in the league right now. If the Bills offense has a repeat of last year it will be a huge disappointment.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

DVOA has them as the worst defense in the league and that accounts for opponent (admittedly the opponent adjustment is only at 40% strength right now). They let an awful Eagles offense put up 30 points and 461 total yards. Yeah it's fair to say they are the worst defense in the league right now. If the Bills offense has a repeat of last year it will be a huge disappointment.

And it’s also safe to say that we have the best defense in the nfl right now….but we really don’t imo.  

Let’s hope McFrazier learned their lessons from the last meetings vs KC.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And it’s also safe to say that we have the best defense in the nfl right now….but we really don’t imo.

And again DVOA has us as the best defense in the league with a massive gap between us and New Orleans at #2. The gap between us and #2 is the same as the gap between #2 and #27... that's insane. I recognize that we've played bad offenses. DVOA accounts for that to some extent. The bad offenses that we have played are still performing better against other defenses that most would consider to be pretty good.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the best offense the Chiefs D has played. Technically the Ravens are ranked higher but still score over 7 points less per game than the Bills and the Bills offense is more balanced and dynamic. So I don’t see this as a get right game for their D. They are the offense that needs to score on every possession. 

The Eagles were averaging 12 points a game prior to playing the Chiefs. They put up 30 against them & never punted once.

Now this week they're back to 13 points. The Bills HAVE to be able to move the ball on offense. Literally every team has been able to. Really hoping the team doesn't get in their own head & play tight/scared.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

And again DVOA has us as the best defense in the league with a massive gap between us and New Orleans at #2. The gap between us and #2 is the same as the gap between #2 and #27... that's insane. I recognize that we've played bad offenses. DVOA accounts for that to some extent. The bad offenses that we have played are still performing better against other defenses that most would consider to be pretty good.

Yep.  We have a good defense.  We’ll see how good tonight!

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

The Eagles were averaging 12 points a game prior to playing the Chiefs. They put up 30 against them & never punted once.

Now this week they're back to 13 points. The Bills HAVE to be able to move the ball on offense. Literally every team has been able to. Really hoping the team doesn't get in their own head & play tight/scared.

That’s where I’m at it’s on our offense to win this game , no FG or punts TD’s only !!! 
LETS GO !!!! 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the best offense the Chiefs D has played. Technically the Ravens are ranked higher but still score over 7 points less per game than the Bills and the Bills offense is more balanced and dynamic. So I don’t see this as a get right game for their D. They are the offense that needs to score on every possession. 

In my mind, tonight's bad weather threat makes what we've done to date a less than solid predictor of how we will look tonight.  

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Matt Milano #hammywatch -update: Inactive
1 minute ago, Virgil said:

At this point, sit him until he’s 100%.  We need him for the stretch 

I would have rather him play today and sit out the next 4 weeks 

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well, play a 3rd Safety in the box to cover 

They will run the ball down our throats if we do that 

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Matt Milano #hammywatch
51 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If Milano is available we will need him. I already expect to see tons of AJ as well. Have a feeling we will give a good amount of 4-3 looks. 

I think the need is more long term than short term.  Get it healthy then he can come back.  If there is any question, he gets a third week rest after this week with the bye, my guess is he does not play.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I think the need is more long term than short term.  Get it healthy then he can come back.  If there is any question, he gets a third week rest after this week with the bye, my guess is he does not play.

Agree, which is why I had said if he's available. Sounded like he was close Sunday night though. 

Of course to play devil's advocate...never know what will happen in the NFL. We could rest him this week, let him tale the bye week and the game after that he could get hurt. So, gotta use who you can when you can😂

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I say sit Milano again against Tennessee let him heal up this week and the bye week. Klein has been playing well and he’s great against the run. 

Agree, no huge TE receiving threat this week  and Klein is good against run.  Gives an extra week rest with the bye.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.