Beth Mowins to call Bills-Texans

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cue the Beth Mowins hate.  She's a good announcer, but the hatred runs deep at TBD.

yeah, I don’t get it. She is solid, and probably about 10x more knowledgeable than any other play by play announcer. She was a high school

and college athlete.  I always used to like when she called college hoops games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, I don’t get it. She is solid, and probably about 10x more knowledgeable than any other play by play announcer. She was a high school and college athlete.  I always used to like when she called college hoops games. 

How is this relevant?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cue the Beth Mowins hate.  She's a good announcer, but the hatred runs deep at TBD.

Because she's not a man.

Yea it had to be said. 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I always find the announcers that played sports to overall be more knowledgeable in calling the games. They have a better feel of knowing what the emphasize and what to prod the color commentator on. Just my two cents. 

Andrew peters and Craig Rivet agree. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I guess this will be a radio sync day for sure...

I will hit the mute button and listen to someone do play by play on youtube. I will delay the game a bit to match youtube record game while watching and just don't start it till the person in youtube running podcast starts calling the play by play

Wallla 

33 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but to me Dan Dierdorf was the worst broadcaster of all time and I remember turning the volume down when we played the dolphins several times.... Unlistenable.

I actually liked him

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Because she's not a man.

Yea it had to be said. 

It has literally nothing to do with her gender. I cringe at Spero Dedes just as much.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I actually liked him

It has literally nothing to do with her gender. I cringe at Spero Dedes just as much.

Nah...Nobody else genrates this much hate....whether you want to admit it to yourself or not....its mostly becuase of her gender...

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, I don’t get it. She is solid, and probably about 10x more knowledgeable than any other play by play announcer. She was a high school

and college athlete.  I always used to like when she called college hoops games. 

I started watching her on college softball, where she was excellent.  She's a pro, and does her job well.  The hate was raining down here even before she announced an NFL game, and clearly continues to this day.

• Like (+1) 1