Beth Mowins to call Bills-Texans

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Evabody funny.  Now you funny too.

That don't confront me, long as I get the rent by Friday

Edit: nobody else gets Ridge's reference?

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If Gilbert was commentating a game, like The Mannings, it would be my go-to broadcast. Might even pay to hear it.

A Gottfried-Mowins combo might even be more dumpster fire style entertaining than Matt Millen talking about farting on players. Let’s get weird.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Logic said:

And yet, there are many, many other horrible NFL announcers who don't elicit one tenth the hate and groans on this forum that Mowins elicits. Bills draw bad announcers all the time, but it usually doesn't turn into a five+ page thread.

I am really curious to know what it would take for most of the Mowins haters on here to actually enjoy a female announcer -- other than her being physically attractive.

I really don't think it's all that radical or bold to presume that there's a certain segment of football fans who don't like the idea of a female announcer, period. In my opinion, it's just as lazy to assume that that type of misogyny outright doesn't exist than it is to assume that everyone subscribes to it. Some here may genuinely dislike Mowins solely on the basis of her announcing skills or lack thereof, but to think that NONE of the dislike being thrown her way has to do with her gender seems naive.

Thank you Dr. Freud. Please take your seat now.

12 hours ago, Beach said:

i stream my games so i will need to mute this.... excepting suggestions for sound to play during the game!

Do NOT listen to Josh Allen’s playlist!

7 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

That don't confront me, long as I get the rent by Friday

Edit: nobody else gets Ridge's reference?

Everybody knows and gets the reference -every time it’s said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I'd like to hear the opinions of those here who have heard her announce a game.

I think everyone here has heard her call a college game.

She gets a minor Bowl game or two as well.

I think a lot of guys find her voice annoying not what she is saying.

Its like nails on a chalk board 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cue the Beth Mowins hate.  She's a good announcer, but the hatred runs deep at TBD.

What are you talking about. There has bee. Some good female annoucers but Beth Mowins is absolutely horrendous... gets a ton of things wrong and has a nasaly voice on top of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1