Beth Mowins to call Bills-Texans

12 minutes ago, Beach said:

i stream my games so i will need to mute this.... excepting suggestions for sound to play during the game!

Streaming a lot of times gives the home/away option... hope she isnt on both.

If so ill mute it and listen on WGR even though its hard to sync the 2.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transient said:

It is gender related insofar as her female biology is responsible for the development of her vocal cords which produce her godawful voice. Beyond that, all else being equal, she would be just as annoying to listen to if she had the same voice AND a penis.

^^ For me it is this 100%. Different voice, different story. I watched college games in which she has broadcasted, the content is there and she’s pretty smooth, but that voice. Ugh

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

She’s terrible. I don’t even know if she knows much about football. I can’t get past her horrible voice!

You wanna offer equality in sports broadcasting? Fine. Just hire people who don’t make you cringe at the sound of your voice!

She actually calls a decent game if you can get past her voice.  She knows her football.   Her voice isn't annoying as much as it just doesn't resonate.  In truth, I don't think John Murphy is a stellar play by play guy but he has a voice that resonates and of course he's a homer so you like him.   There is actually someone worse calling games for ESPN, I don't know her name, but he voice does not lend itself to play by play at all.  I think she was on the Alcorn State broadcast last night.  

Look...I am female, and I'm all for inclusivity...but for play by play, I think it's a specialized field that requires more in the way of vocal ability.  I'm watching the replay of the Marshall v Appalachian State game from last night.  The guy doing the play by play is not great.  The color commentator is much better.  However, the comments made outside of the play by play make that announcer decent.

And as to Tiki Barber...when I think of him I think ego and teeth.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Sports commentators of any gender can only aspire to this brilliance...never ceases to make me laugh, sometimes to the point of crying:

https://www.today.com/video/mary-carillo-s-badminton-rant-remains-the-best-sports-commentary-of-all-time-747874883720

I never saw that!  Thank you for sharing!  I love Mary Carillo and that was priceless!

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, Just Joshin' said:

My wife who is football novice walked into the room when watching a game she was doing and asked who is the person who is so bad?  No because she is a she but lacking in talent.

Beth I put in the same category of awful as Cris Collinsworth.🤢 

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Can honestly say this is the first time I’ve ever agreed with you.

Times change. Possibly something changes after the Redskins game next week, I'm sure we all will be looking for a different option.