Beth Mowins to call Bills-Texans

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hate Gus.  He’s terrible now.  He used to be good at his job.

Imo, Beth and Maddy are both terrible at their job.  It’s like asking a 5’7 120lb man to play center in the NBA.  Physically, they don’t have the skill set to do the job.  Knowing HOW to do the job doesn’t matter when you aren’t physically equipped to do the job properly.  You aren’t doing the job properly when a fairly large contingent of listeners thinks your voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.  Not everyone heads thing the same way.

Sorry Beth.  Sorry Maddy.  Maybe they should take up smoking, it may change their voice inflection.  They both need a lot of help with their voice according to my ears. 

I don't find Beth's voice nearly as difficult as Glabb's juvenile intonation.  Plus Mowans knows her stuff.  Glabb is completely weightless...a vacuum.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't find Beth's voice nearly as difficult as Glabb's juvenile intonation.  Plus Mowans knows her stuff.  Glabb is completely weightless...a vacuum.

To each their own, but there are plenty that think disagree and think that Mowins’ voice is 👎🏻

Agreed on Glabb.  With the teams emphasis on Bills social media/YouTube/podcasts nowadays, one  would think that she’ll be fired after this season, but it seems like Kim is a fan.  🤮 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

See I totally am the other way- to me Beth’s voice is just terrible and I can’t listen at all.  It physically bothers me listening to that voice.

Maddy’s voice is different and doesn’t bother me at all.  It is not a smooth voice, but it does not bother me.

I also find that she knows sports in general and to me asks better questions than Chris Brown.  She really just needs to get her confidence up.

I totally can understand how one person can go one way and someone hears something different - that is fine - we just need to be accepting that we each bring our own feelings and background into this.

What we all should agree on as Bills fans though is that Chris Collinsworth is a friggin Patriots Ball Washer - whether you like his voice or not - he is 100% biased in his reporting.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

See I totally am the other way- to me Beth’s voice is just terrible and I can’t listen at all.  It physically bothers me listening to that voice.

Maddy’s voice is different and doesn’t bother me at all.  It is not a smooth voice, but it does not bother me.

I also find that she knows sports in general and to me asks better questions than Chris Brown.  She really just needs to get her confidence up.

I totally can understand how one person can go one way and someone hears something different - that is fine - we just need to be accepting that we each bring our own feelings and background into this.

What we all should agree on as Bills fans though is that Chris Collinsworth is a friggin Patriots Ball Washer - whether you like his voice or not - he is 100% biased in his reporting.

Glabb simply reads her preprinted questions then repeats and seconds all of the comments made by others in agreement.   Any other group of fans listening to this flagship Bills broadcast would ask why this person is on the radio, or is this bring your kid to work day. 

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't find Beth's voice nearly as difficult as Glabb's juvenile intonation.  Plus Mowans knows her stuff.  Glabb is completely weightless..a vacuum.

So you're saying she sucks?

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sorry Beth.  Sorry Maddy.  Maybe they should take up smoking, it may change their voice inflection.  They both need a lot of help with their voice according to my ears. 

lol, I definitely don’t think smoking would help Beth’s voice.

I do not understand those who bash her- she is not the best but I only like listening to Romo because I learn something. She is in the 80% of announcers who are interchangeable because they know enough but are not special. On the low end is the Dan Fouts of the world who don't know much about who they are covering.