Stop Going To The Airport

corta765

Ok we've hit a point where the airport thing has lost its uniqness and specialness. Fans were at the gate Sunday after they beat Miami and I am here to say ya'll gotta stop.

When they broke the drought, when they clinched the division, heck when they truly clinched the playoffs against PIT in 2019 I get going those days. Those were big important days which celebrations are worth. I myself would've went in 2020 had they beat Houston as winning your first playoff game in 20+ years also is one of those big moments.

But were at the point people are just going for the sake of going. Beating a team to get to 1-1 ruins the coolness that had been established prior. Some of you may say I am no fun, but to me things like greeting the team at the airport should be received for occasions that grant it. Truth be told now that the team has made progress I'd rather see this held back to winning the AFC title, then just a regular season win that really isn't special at all.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 21
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 5

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Ok we've hit a point where the airport thing has lost its uniqness and specialness. Fans were at the gate Sunday after they beat Miami and I am here to say ya'll gotta stop.

When they broke the drought, when they clinched the division, heck when they truly clinched the playoffs against PIT in 2019 I get going those days. Those were big important days which celebrations are worth. I myself would've went in 2020 had they beat Houston as winning your first playoff game in 20+ years also is one of those big moments.

But were at the point people are just going for the sake of going. Beating a team to get to 1-1 ruins the coolness that had been established prior. Some of you may say I am no fun, but to me things like greeting the team at the airport should be received for occasions that grant it. Truth be told now that the team has made progress I'd rather see this held back to winning the AFC title, then just a regular season win that really isn't special at all.

Boomer Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 6

Do you work at the airport and do fans showing up make that work harder?

Otherwise, I really wouldn't sweat it.  Coolness factor or not

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Your badge is in the mail, officer! 

Actually a plant from the No Fun League....

1 minute ago, CuseBill said:

Can we still go to the airport if we have a flight to catch?

No!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yep. AFC Champ and SB are the only wins left that warrant greeting the team at the airport.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My grandmother (God rest her soul) took me to the airport in 1990's to watch the planes take off.  It just so happens the Bills were arriving and a huge group of fans gathered to wish them well.  The crowds were so huge that my petite Gram Gram was trampled by three guys clamoring for a Jim Kelly autograph.  One of these bruisers wore a tattoo that said "Vinny Hart Ivy" (an obvious mistake by the guy that inked his arm, but unique nonetheless.)  As I watched my Gram Gram lay in a pool of Budweiser on the tile floor, she winked at me and said "Find that bastard".  Don't ever tell me what to do...my search continues.  He'll show up sooner or later and then it's curtains for Vinny.

Edited by BringBackFergy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

My grandmother (God rest her soul) took me to the airport in 1990's to watch the planes take off.  It just so happens the Bills were arriving and a huge group of fans gathered to wish them well.  The crowds were so huge that my petite Gram Gram was trampled by three guys clamoring for a Jim Kelly autograph.  One of these bruisers wore a tattoo that said "Vinny Hart Ivy" (an obvious mistake by the guy that inked his arm, but unique nonetheless.  As I watched my Gram Gram lay in a pool of Budweiser on the tile floor, she winked at me and said "Find that bastard".  Don't ever tell me what to do...my search continues.  He'll show up sooner or later and then it's curtains for Vinny.

That story took an unexpected twist!  Thought it was going to be a sweet soul warming antedote, but it quickly turned to violence.  Did NOT see that coming.

• Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Where do you stand on the jumping on tables thing, that's kinda old too

and the whole Bills Mafia thing, not only old but kinda silly

and what's up with the buying players jersey thing ... do you REALLY think people believe you're Josh Allen

while were at it, why go to the stadium? it's cheaper to stay home and you get a much better seat.

tailgating???? come on been there done that.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, corta765 said:

SNAP!

If it's lost its uniqueness and specialness for you, there seems to  be a simple and a practical solution...

.....don't you go

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep. AFC Champ and SB are the only wins left that warrant greeting the team at the airport.

Fans have been greeting the bills at the airport for away playoff wins for years 

Or away clinching playoff games 

Every away game there's always a few people who will show up cuz they have nothing better to do.. I don't think there was a crowd of a thousand people

1 minute ago, Gen2 said:

and what's up with the buying players jersey thing ... do you REALLY think people believe you're Josh Allen

while were at it, why go to the stadium? it's cheaper to stay home and you get a much better seat.

One of these things are vastly different then the other and going to the airport is vastly different. There is a reason when fan turnouts happen its for big events with other teams and that is because it is for an occasion that warrants it.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

SNAP!

If it's lost its uniqueness and specialness for you, there seems to  be a simple and a practical solution...

.....don't you go

The more it happens the more it becomes routine and honestly corny. It was super cool the first few times which usually were big moments. There is nothing big or momentous on a week 2 win over a team we've been crushing. Be better with expectations and something that in the past had a cool meaning.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What if our hobby is Planespotting?

Only trainspotting

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Check the author of the post.  I rest my case.

I'll be sure to keep a side eye on Fergy going forward.  🤨  Thanks! 

Just now, r00tabaga said:

Let's just all go to Dulles airport this Sunday night.

Fixed. Everybody's happy

Was just there.  You have to take a train to get to most of the gates.  Waaay too much work!

8 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

I totally agree.  I think fans should be at the airport after home practices just to show our support!  Storm the field and tear the goal posts down after every first down too!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.