Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bills need to run early, establish the TE and hit some crossing routes & use the play action. Bills now have lost two in a row. I don’t like that feeling. Let’s get the W.

Probably the wrong game to try to establish the TE as Miami has the best tight end eraser in the game. (Eric rowe)

Edited by BillsFan130

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh has definitely owned Miami the past two seasons.  
4 years ago we would have felt like Josh’s stat line from the Pitt game was great, expectations are a lot like time, always changing. 
I just want to see this offense get into a consistent rhythm for a couple of quarters at least. Back to back TD drives would be nice, give the D time to rest with sustained drives, etc…. Starts with the plays called and then the players executing. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

From CBS sports:

Latest Odds: Miami Dolphins +3.5

Bet Now

I ended up rewatching the Steelers-Bills game a couple times (one for work, another when it ended up on TV one night this week and I kind of got sucked in) and I don't think that game is indicative of what we get from those respective teams in Week 2. The Bills defense is set to bounce back big and the Steelers are just going to be good on defense again. I'm not gonna comp anyone to Aaron Donald but Ed Oliver might become the next Grady Jarrett/Geno Atkins this year. I would bet on this defense finishing top 10 in DVOA this season fairly easily assuming no cluster of injuries. More importantly for this game -- the Steelers didn't blitz at all! They sat back and played a ton of zone against Josh Allen and still got home with their front four. That's not gonna work against anyone, even an MVP candidate. The Dolphins don't do that -- they're man heavy (54 percent last year but only 47 percent last week against Mac Jones, which warrants monitoring) which is why Josh Allen shredded them last year. Don't rule out a defensive shift, because Brian Flores ain't no dummy, but the Bills are just good and we underestimated the Steelers preseason. 

The pick: Bills 35, Dolphins 17

Props, Best Bets: Bills -3.5 (obvs prefer -3 but doesn't matter), hoping for low Diggs catches/yards numbers but not out yet

• Like (+1) 1

I think that people underestimate the Dolphins. Are the great? No. But I think they will be a very strong contender for a WC this season. 

Given the trouble the Bills have had with physical defenses, I think Flores and the Dolphins are a team to keep an eye on going forward given his time at New England. Prior to last years million hold outs in NE  McD has never put up 20 points on BB. 

I wouldn't be shocked if MIA gave us more trouble this year. The best thing going for Buffalo is Josh> Tua. 

Prediction, Bills cover the spread. 28-23. 

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think that people underestimate the Dolphins. Are the great? No. But I think they will be a very strong contender for a WC this season. 

Given the trouble the Bills have had with physical defenses, I think Flores and the Dolphins are a team to keep an eye on going forward given his time at New England. Prior to last years million hold outs in NE  McD has never put up 20 points on BB. 

I wouldn't be shocked if MIA gave us more trouble this year. The best thing going for Buffalo is Josh> Tua. 

Prediction, Bills cover the spread. 28-23. 

I fully expect to have our hands full but have we not already put that one to bed? Allen has absolutely lit up Flores defenses for 2 years now. I dont even understand bringing this point up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mango said:

Given the trouble the Bills have had with physical defenses, I think Flores and the Dolphins are a team to keep an eye on

I agree the Bills struggle against physical defenses but I don't see the Dolphins as a physical defense. I would classify their defense as opportunistic. They haven't added anything on defense that worries me.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I fully expect to have our hands full but have we not already put that one to bed? Allen has absolutely lit up Flores defenses for 2 years now. I dont even understand bringing this point up.

I am not considering Flores or Miami to be some defensive juggernaut, but this is also only his 3rd year and he inherited one of the worst defenses in the league in year one, that made large strides in year two. It isn't wild to think that they will be better in year 3 on that side of the ball. 

I am not predicting a Bills loss by any means. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I agree the Bills struggle against physical defenses but I don't see the Dolphins as a physical defense. I would classify their defense as opportunistic. They haven't added anything on defense that worries me.

This is fair, and I agree, they are not generally a physical defense. I am just sort of thinking into the future with Flores at the helm. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills win by 3 scores. And Bills fans step back from the ledge. 

I agree that we win, but let’s face it, some Bills fans never step away from the ledge.

1. They didn’t win by enough

2. They won but a certain position group wasn’t good enough which means they won’t be able to win against better competition

3. My favorite - They won but they struggled in a quarter or half which proves they can’t contend

4. The list goes on and on and on

Edited by BillsFan619

On 9/15/2021 at 12:01 AM, NewEra said:

The chiefs didn’t have anything close to an elite defense.  Our OL just got destroyed and our coaching failed.

I don’t think the ravens were elite either tbh…..one of the best in the league last year, but it was a year devoid of dominant defenses imo.  Tampa with vea was dominant.  I don’t think any other D was “elite”

this years steeler d looked to have the makings of an elite defense. Watt + Hayward might be the best 1-2 punch along the front 4 in the league.  And they were missing Tuitt, who I’ve always been a fan of.  Eager to see if they dominate everyone the way they dominated our OL.  Minkah played a helluva game. Schobert and Bush are both solid vs in coverage as nickel Lbers.  Haden kept Diggs in check.  Time will tell if they’re elite, but I was really impressed with their performance.  

The gusty cold winds the night of the Baltimore playoff would have stymied any NFL offense.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Losing Micah Hyde would be huge, especially since we let Dean Marlow walk in FA.

IMHO the Bills have traditionally erred on the side of playing injured players.  It's been said that some of the Bills backups would be starting on other teams.  Time to show more (1,1) sets and play 3 WR, but also time to see what Kumerow can do on Sunday.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I doubt that. The Chiefs(with a fully intact offensive line) would’ve found ways to put up points.

The Chiefs were obviously better than us, so maybe.. 

Perhaps they could’ve put up points with some RAC by Kelce and Hill and a more competent running game threat, but that game was truly ridiculous from a weather perspective.   That game would’ve been ugly, likely no matter who played in it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Chiefs were obviously better than us, so maybe.. 

Perhaps they could’ve put up points with some RAC by Kelce and Hill and a more competent running game threat, but that game was truly ridiculous from a weather perspective.   That game would’ve been ugly, likely no matter who played in it. 

I think the thing the Chiefs had, that we frankly didn't and perhaps still don't, is the YAC threat.  Kelce has it because he's just so big, he can gain 4 more yds while you're trying to bring him down.  Hill has it because he's just so fast that if you miss once, he's gone.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

When or IF?

👀

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The gusty cold winds the night of the Baltimore playoff would have stymied any NFL offense.

The Bills also missed 2 FGs and Gabe Davis dropped what should have been a sure TD. They settled for three on that. That's 10 points lost. Finally, they ground out the clock after they went up 17-3 and Jackson went down.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

So Moss will be active sounds like. Need to pound the rock and do something a little different anyways. Miami does have good corners 

We’ve literally torched their defense passing the ball so let’s just keep doing that. K thanks

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, nucci said:

weren't we told Moss was a healthy scratch at the time?

That confused me at first, but I THINK what he is saying is that because he missed time in training camp, they felt he wasn't as ready as others, so they benched him....even though he was healthy last week.  So, scratched because of the previous injury...even though he had recovered from it.