Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

23 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't see how it's an example of that at all. He's not even the highest paid QB in the league. And Dak just got 40 per. 

We already knew this was going to be the going rate for top QBs going forward.

starting Qb's that have won playoff games its probably going to be in the 38-43 mil per year range.

8 minutes ago, BLO_RIO said:

Got a Josh Reed jersey for sale on ebay...Half as good with out the allen

I’d rather a Josh Norman, at least it will look cool wearing it when my wife stiff arms me when I attempt sex. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Best offseason news ever. Could you imagine if Baker somehow gets more? I'm surprised he's still even in the same conversation as Josh, but people feel this helps set the market for him 

I hope Baker get more- part of an NFL GM job is get value for money and Baker is a lesser player than Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

I am very happy the Bills got this done before Baltimore and Cleveland.  Both those team were likely to overpay for inferior talents which would have pushed Josh’s price up.  Let them react to us.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’d be assuming wrong. He is 100% going to get paid by the Ravens, probably more than Allen.

No way lol. He’s not even worth what Allen is or More than Allen. Your crazy if you think he’s going to get more. He had a mediocre season last year and on top of that NFL teams have started to figure him out and he can’t read defenses. Call it unfair but Lamar to me is just a better version of Tyrod Taylor

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I was a big believer in waiting until after this year, until Rodgers will become a FA next year (He's gonna set a new high) and Allen is on fire in TC.  Just lock it in now.

44 million.  Between Allen and Mahomes.

I think 42. He hasn't proven he can beat you with his arm like Josh and Mahomes can

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’d be assuming wrong. He is 100% going to get paid by the Ravens, probably more than Allen.

would and should are diff stories. dont sign him youre losing your job. sign him and watch him flame out. bills fully taught the rest of the league how shut him down (for the 2nd time).  that tape is going to kill him this year

1 minute ago, BLO_RIO said:

It was like yesterday when people wanted Josh Rosen over Allen soooooo baaaaad

Yeah ... I was one of those morons.

I was wrong ... I didn't trust the process back then

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No way lol. He’s not even worth what Allen is or More than Allen. Your crazy if you think he’s going to get more. He had a mediocre season last year and on top of that NFL teams have started to figure him out and he can’t read defenses. Call it unfair but Lamar to me is just a better version of Tyrod Taylor

you can have whatever opinion you want about Jackson - I don’t think he’s any sort of world beater either. That opinion means less than nothing. You’re ignoring the basic economics of the NFL. LJ is considered a proven commodity at this point and QBs like that get paid, period. We’ll circle back once that deal gets done since you called me crazy and you can apologize chief.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I agree with you about talent and ability to win but LJ is an MVP and Baltimore built their entire offense around him. They would need to completely retool the team if they have a different QB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I am very happy the Bills got this done before Baltimore and Cleveland.  Both those team were likely to overpay for inferior talents which would have pushed Josh’s price up.  Let them react to us.  

Was just coming to say this. Yeah let those franchises bust now for worse players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Best offseason news ever. Could you imagine if Baker somehow gets more? I'm surprised he's still even in the same conversation as Josh, but people feel this helps set the market for him 

This SHOULD set the ceiling for Baker and Lamar. Unfortunately, common sense doesn’t always apply when signing QB’s. In any event, the Bills are happy, and Josh is happy and we are (generally) happy. I’ll ignore what happens with other people’s money and QB’s. We got OUR guy! 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Probably feels real bad right now to be Josh Rosen.

He and his family are still pretty well off as it is.

Not Josh Allen contract extension well off but I'm sure he's fine.

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Oy yi yi. 

Lamar can singlehandedly you win a game. Taylor could single handedly make an occasional 6 yard pass out of a broken mess on a single play. 

I would say Allen is much better than Lamar but Lamar is scary. He’s gonna get a nice payday. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:I agree with you about talent and ability to win but LJ is an MVP and Baltimore built their entire offense around him. They would need to completely retool the team if they have a different QB.

I think it is likely that Baltimore will overpay Lamar and doom themselves to mediocrity as a result.  I think Cleveland will try to be more conservative with the Baker Boy but he will demand more.  Again, glad we are first in the clubhouse with this deal.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

When you look at it long term, it’s not as much as you think. Keep in mind that he’s locked up relatively cheaply over the next few years, so this $43M/aav is a bit skewed.

Some fans aren’t sold on Allen and I understand that but ultimately Allen is about as humble as they come, he’s a hard worker and the money won’t get to his head. I’m more concerned with injury at this point. He plays like a bull in a China shop, but has the arm strength and intellect to be a pure passer if he blows out a knee.

As far as Baker and Lamar go, good thing we got this done before they got new deals. Neither of them are as remotely good as Allen, so if I’m Baltimore or Cleveland, I would pause if either of them want similar money.

Lamar plays in a dumbed down, gimmicky offense that makes QBing much easier for him. He will never be a good enough QB to handle the complexities of a viable, long term, sustainable NFL offense. He’s an ACL injury away from being a career backup.

Baker is a very good game managing QB. He’ll never put up numbers like Allen and he’ll never be able to carry a team the way Allen can, so I don’t understand why he is exalted so much in the media. Sure, he’s okay, good maybe, but not great.

All in all, it’s great news that we got Allen’s deal done first before Lamar and Mayfield’s deals. In no way do either of them deserve more money than Allen. So if either team signed them to similar deals to what Allen got, his price would’ve been driven up astronomically and rightfully so.

Ultimately this deal saves the Pegula’s money long term, but in another 4-5 years Allen will likely cash in again, just as all the other elite QBs do, but in the end, this needed to happen. Keep your franchise QB happy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, FLFan said:

I think it is likely that Baltimore will overpay Lamar and doom themselves to mediocrity as a result.  I think Cleveland will try to be more conservative with the Baker Boy but he will demand more.  Again, glad we are first in the clubhouse with this deal.  

This.  

Ravens will overpay Lamar, and unless Lamar makes giant strides in his passing ability this year.. as exciting as he is.. has no business getting paid JA17 money. 

Browns/Baker could get dicey, depending on how he views himself.  If he thinks he’s worth JA17 money, the Browns will likely balk and point to the fact that Baker - so far - has shown himself to be elevated by the talent around him.. not the other way around.  

Josh Allen sealed the deal when he went god mode against the Colts WC Weekend.