2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay as the 4th round comes to a close.... board update... the top 10 hasn't changed much!

1. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

2. Quincy Roche, DE, Miami

3. Tony Fields, LB, West Virginia

4. Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana

5. Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee

6. James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati

7. Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina

8. Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

9. Stone Forsyth, OT, Florida

10. Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

Yep, those two receivers are my two guys. If both are there when we go on the clock I'd go with Slaton but if only 1 of the receivers is there I am taking the receiver and waiting on 1T. 

Shi Smith would be appropriate.........he is the Gabe Davis of this draft for me..........that receiver that I don't want to like and never mock draft to the Bills..........that I know is probably going to be really good.       

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s an understatement 

Dumping Jimbo Fischer after one bad season was a bad decision.  Texas A&M has done well in the draft.  Those are his recruits.  

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

There goes Brevin Jordan. Why does our staff hate TEs so much?

I think we're set at TE.  I expect them to keep 3 on the active roster.  We have Knox, Sweeney and Hollister.  We also have Gilliam and Becker.  I know none of these guys are world beaters, but this late in the draft, do you really expect to find one?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay as the 4th round comes to a close.... board update... the top 10 hasn't changed much!

1. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

2. Quincy Roche, DE, Miami

3. Tony Fields, LB, West Virginia

4. Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana

5. Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee

6. James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati

7. Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina

8. Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

9. Stone Forsyth, OT, Florida

10. Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

Yep, those two receivers are my two guys. If both are there when we go on the clock I'd go with Slaton but if only 1 of the receivers is there I am taking the receiver and waiting on 1T. 

Kind of surprised that Nixon and Gainwell both are still available at this point, especially Nixon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Are you saying they should have taken him 2 rounds ago or...?

Well, considering we didn't have a 4th rounder, it might have been wise. An athletic TE is a need. Whether it was him or one of the others. BPA is great the first couple rounds but our team is stacked. Os there really a reason not to take a shot on a need pick in the 3rd round or later? It's not like one player is gonna set the team back. Especially, a TE

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The man is a walking yawn.  

I felt so badly for him in the Super bowl when he came down to the sidelines late in the 4th expecting a win.  Then Shanahan screwed the pooch and forgot he had a capable running back to run clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They ❤️ Dawson Knox

It takes time to develop Tight Ends.  

Kittle, Waller and Kelce didn’t enter the league as those dudes.  

Im fine sticking with Knox.  He’s clearly got the ability.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shi Smith would be appropriate.........he is the Gabe Davis of this draft for me..........that receiver that I don't want to like and never mock draft to the Bills..........that I know is probably going to be really good.       

What did you think of the Basham pick?

Alright 10 picks away what do we think here? Another DE just to beat the dead horse? Lol

Dazz Newsome UNC

James Wiggins SAF Cinci

Damar Hamlin SAF Pitt

one of these two picks gotta be a safety just so many guys available rn and they need one 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well, considering we didn't have a 4th rounder, it might have been wise. An athletic TE is a need.

It would have wise to take a TE two rounds before his proper value because you think it's a need? Alright.

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think we're set at TE.  I expect them to keep 3 on the active roster.  We have Knox, Sweeney and Hollister.  We also have Gilliam and Becker.  I know none of these guys are world beaters, but this late in the draft, do you really expect to find one?

George Kittle was a 5th rounder, Antonio Gates was Undrafted, Darren Waller was a 6th rounder. You can find guys at the position 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I would love them to take Hamsah

Yuck , maybe when box safeties only were a thing. People have overrated the guy like he’s some TE killer. He’s not that good sure round 5 I guess but there are still better safeties rn

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm down to 31 players left on my board but interesting since those first 10 picks of round 4 teams have been taking guys that are more in the middle of what I have left rather than the guys I have with the top grades. How Daviyon Nixon is still there I have no idea. 

Perhaps there is an injury concern that we aren’t privy to.  His athletic ability should have gotten him drafted by now.

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

George Kittle was a 5th rounder, Antonio Gates was Undrafted, Darren Waller was a 6th rounder. You can find guys at the position 

I am aware that great players can be drafted very late or go undrafted.  It's rare, though.  So...who is your diamond in the rough?

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It would have wise to take a TE two rounds before his proper value because you think it's a need? Alright.

Our team is stacked. We are Super Bowl ready now. Why are we worrying about BPA in the 3rd round or later for one player? We took an OT in round 3. Is he really gonna be that much better for us than a TE?

Edited by Buffalo03

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well, considering we didn't have a 4th rounder, it might have been wise. An athletic TE is a need. Whether it was him or one of the others. BPA is great the first couple rounds but our team is stacked. Os there really a reason not to take a shot on a need pick in the 3rd round or later? It's not like one player is gonna set the team back. Especially, a TE

TEs take years to develop and he’s similar to Knox who is already in his 3rd year of the system, and he’s way more athletic than Jordan.  The kid won’t play here. What they need is an in line TE like ertz.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I am aware that great players can be drafted very late or go undrafted.  It's rare, though.  So...who is your diamond in the rough?

Doesn’t seem that rare for the position when two of the current best and one of the all time great were taken later than where we currently are in the Draft.  

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Raheem Mostert is, rather clearly, faster.    

But Breida might be next.

The guy the Vikings drafted in the 4th is also in that competition now.  I've seen him listed at a 4.32.