Is Moss the best closer we have had since Thurman?

Hebert19

9 hours ago, JY422 said:

100% on point. 
since Thurman we’ve had some really good RBs come thru here. 
Travis Henry, McGahee, Lynch and Freddie could all be considered top shelf “closers” of a much higher caliber than Moss at this point in his career. 
Give it a year or three and then let’s see if this is a legit discussion.

Don't forget our Waterbug running back  Spiller

17 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sort of confused how the run game becomes so dominant in the last 10 minutes when the other team knows we are going to run. 

The last 5 games have been won by a margin of 10 points or more late in the contest. The opposition at this point is deflated and know it's over. It's easy for a RB to salt away a game when the other team has given up. Let me see him or Motor do it in a competitive game that's within a score. That's when imposing your will in the run game is impressive, to me at least.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

When we have a lead in the 4th we just crush the clock.   Every time.   Some of it is creativity from daboll but Moss just seems to put his big boy pants on and run through people to get tough yards and keep clock moving.   

Anyone else just feel like we could hold the ball as long as we want to close the game.  

Few weeks back it was 6 min.  Then 7 at steelers almost 6 again last night.  

I wish we had a young Freddy on this team.

22 ran every play like it was his last.

It wao great to see him in the fan box on TV :)

43 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Thanks for reminding me about that wasted draft choice.

We had 3 Strikes on the roster plus Freddie and didn't need a gadget guy.

Thank you Buddy and Chan .....Not  :(

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I wish we had a young Freddy on this team.

22 ran every play like it was his last.

It wao great to see him in the fan box on TV :)

Thanks for reminding me about that wasted draft choice.

We had 3 Strikes on the roster plus Freddie and didn't need a gadget guy

FredEx was always good for a solid 2-3 yards regardless of situation.

19 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sort of confused how the run game becomes so dominant in the last 10 minutes when the other team knows we are going to run. 

Time of possession against the Pats for us right around 40 minutes. The Pats D was gassed from our high octane office.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

FredEx was always good for a solid 2-3 yards regardless of situation.

His career average was 4.4 yds per carry....his only problem was he put the ball on the carpet a bit

30 career rushing  tds another 7 passing..... 27 fumbles but only 11 lost fumbles.

22 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Uh....no?

Fred Jackson could close out a game...even without fresh legs....in the rare instances they needed to close out a game, that is.

Fred was part of the all drought team. He was a good RB, but way overrated by Bills fans. I swear I don’t miss the drought years, I remember when Bills fans were voting Moorman as the best player on the team. Smh 

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

He was a good RB, but way overrated by Bills fans.

He was loved by Bills fans, but overrated? Not sure about that. I don't remember any rational posters calling him the best RB in the league anything like that. He was a complete back at his peak though, in like 2010. Not the best in any one thing, but average to above-average at everything. Could certainly close out a game. 

Buffalo relied on good RBs for so long, it's really weird to prop up Moss at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

He was loved by Bills fans, but overrated? Not sure about that. I don't remember any rational posters calling him the best RB in the league anything like that. He was a complete back at his peak though, in like 2010. Not the best in any one thing, but average to above-average at everything. Could certainly close out a game. 

Buffalo relied on good RBs for so long, it's really weird to prop up Moss at this point.

Trust me......on the old bb.com message board Fred Jackson and Brian Moorman were considered all time great Buffalo Bills. People were actually saying he was 2x the RB Lynch was. I liked  Fred, but he was too slow to be elite and was not as good as Lynch.

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Trust me......on the old bb.com message board Fred Jackson and Brian Moorman were considered all time great Buffalo Bills. People were actually saying he was 2x the RB Lynch was. I liked  Fred, but he was too slow to be elite and was not as good as Lynch.

The Bills version of Lynch fell short of his potential, but I agree.

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

I almost included Spiller but was he really a “closer” as the heading asked? I decided he was a speedster, a good receiver and returner but I wouldn’t classify him a “closer.”

On 12/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, Hebert19 said:

When we have a lead in the 4th we just crush the clock.   Every time.   Some of it is creativity from daboll but Moss just seems to put his big boy pants on and run through people to get tough yards and keep clock moving.   

Anyone else just feel like we could hold the ball as long as we want to close the game.  

Few weeks back it was 6 min.  Then 7 at steelers almost 6 again last night.  

If this answers your question: I’d rather have the ball in Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Willis McGahee, Lesean McCoy, Travis Henry, Antowain Smith and possibly even Mike Gillislee, Anthony Thomas or CJ Spiller’s hands.  

On 12/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Don't understand how having to fight all game to get through a surprisingly stout O-line only to have to chase around a mobile QB would leave them a bit lacking at the end of a game against a fresh-legged bulldozer?  

Moss is going to be an asset in the playoffs.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:14 PM, MJS said:

He is fine. I don't think he is anything special.

He certainly is not Thurman. TT was a player who carried the offense and had to be game planned for period. TT did it both by running and catching. It was a different era but Kelly is not Kelly without Thurman. You can say the opposite also. Josh Is Josh with or without Moss.

• Like (+1) 1