Monday Night FB Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns, 8:15 PM

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, Runningaces said:

Cleveland gonna be a tough out in playoffs. That running game is nasty. 

IDK both teams were giving up yards by the dozens both passing and running.

I know it is a copy-cat league, but  it looked to me like the Browns OC has been peaking at Daboll's playbook.

A number of their formations right down to the motions looked way too familiar.

What am I missing? Why does everyone think Jackson had the poops?

Just crushing for Browns fans. They needed this one for more than the standings. This was their Game. Feel terrible for them. Like, *of course* Jackson comes out of nowhere for 4th down and throws miracle TD, and *of course* they get an ugly safety at the end to add insult to injury. Just crushing. Why wouldn't that happen to the Browns? And the announcers are just cluelessly like, "Oh what a great game!" Just awful.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The browns might have a tough time getting in now. There could very easily be 4 or 5 10 win teams for 3 or 4 spots

They play the jets and giants next and could easily beat the steelers. They will get to11 wins. 

The Dolphins and Raiders are in trouble now. 

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What am I missing? Why does everyone think Jackson had the poops?

Just crushing for Browns fans. They needed this one for more than the standings. This was their Game. Feel terrible for them. Like, *of course* Jackson comes out of nowhere for 4th down and throws miracle TD, and *of course* they get an ugly safety at the end to add insult to injury. Just crushing. Why wouldn't that happen to the Browns? And the announcers are just cluelessly like, "Oh what a great game!" Just awful.

28 minutes ago, WideNine said:

IDK both teams were giving up yards by the dozens both passing and running.

I know it is a copy-cat league, but  it looked to me like the Browns OC has been peaking at Daboll's playbook.

A number of their formations right down to the motions looked way too familiar.

I've had that thought myself.  I see glimpses of Mayfield trying to do some Josh Allen from time to time also.  It seems to have mixed results.

Yolo said above they were both missing corners but the Browns D was acting like it had no idea how to contain Lamar, and neither D seemed to be playing as though they meant it.  JMO and I could be wrong - maybe the offenses are really better than I give them credit for.

Baker intrigued me.  He had some real stinker plays, and some others where I was "wow, he can sure throw!"

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've had that thought myself.  I see glimpses of Mayfield trying to do some Josh Allen from time to time also.  It seems to have mixed results.

Yolo said above they were both missing corners but the Browns D was acting like it had no idea how to contain Lamar, and neither D seemed to be playing as though they meant it.  JMO and I could be wrong - maybe the offenses are really better than I give them credit for.

Baker intrigued me.  He had some real stinker plays, and some others where I was "wow, he can sure throw!"

Baker is not a bad QB, I just thought he was over-hyped.

In college he was blessed with being surrounded by an embarrassment of talent so I was on the fence as to how much he could do himself to carry a less talented roster.

I thought then that he did a lot of Brees type plays where he was most effective throwing the shorter routes and he did do that with good anticipation and placement.

It was his longer passes 20+ yards that tended to sail on him and end up picks.

We know from our own experience that QBs can get better.

I thought plenty of his off-schedule throws tonight looked pretty good, but both teams had receivers running free all over the field so hard to say with so little being contested.

They have given him good weapons, and he seems to be on the same page as his OC...they could be tough down the stretch if they can plug some of those defensive holes.

That game gave me serious "drought era Bills" trauma flashbacks.

We have been on the wrong end of those types of games far too many times over the years. I can feel the Browns fans' anguish. That type of loss lingers for days, if not weeks.