Week 14 Bills vs Steelers SNF PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Same lol.  I usually start pre-gaming around 12ish but if I do that today I will be comatose by tonight's kick-off.

I'm sticking to my normal schedule which usually has me waking up from my alcohol induced nap around 7:30.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Are you telling me this game may come down to... Avery Williamson vs Tyler Matakevich?

Marquee matchup! 😉

I'm gonna go out on a thick sturdy tree trunk (eg limb) and say that I think Tyler's 4 year, 3 phase knowledge of Pittsburgh >>>> Avery Williamson 72 defensive snaps in 1 game.

Just sayin'

Now, maybe I sell Williamson short and he's a football Savant who picked up tons of "tells" in our prep for Week 7, but I'm not even sure the offense we've been running since Week 8 came from the same planet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People keep comparing Josh Allen to a young Ben Roethlisberger. Ok, let's compare their third seasons:

Roethlisberger (15 games): 3513 yards 59.7% completion 18 TDs (20 total) 23 interceptions 7.5 y/a 234 yard/game 75.4 rating

Allen (11 games): 3403 yards; 69.9% completion 26 TD (33 total) 8 interceptions 8.9 y/a  105.9 rating

Ben's fourth year was more like Allen's current year, with 32 TD/11 int/65%.7.8 avg, but he only passed for 3154 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

All that talk of Steelers practicing in pads on Friday, ok espn hype that up.  Wait a minute, their starting center has been out the last 2 weeks (covid) and needed reps.  Too much being made of that, shut down that run tonight and make them 1 dimensional.

When you talk up a team about what they HAVE TO DO, that means that they haven't been doing it.

5 minutes ago, finn said:

People keep comparing Josh Allen to a young Ben Roethlisberger. Ok, let's compare their third seasons:

Roethlisberger (15 games): 3513 yards 59.7% completion 18 TDs (20 total) 23 interceptions 7.5 y/a 234 yard/game 75.4 rating

Allen (11 games): 3403 yards; 69.9% completion 26 TD (33 total) 8 interceptions 8.9 y/a  105.9 rating

Ben's fourth year was more like Allen's current year, with 32 TD/11 int/65%.7.8 avg, but he only passed for 3154 yards.

Because Big Ben's third year was about a decade and a half ago you really got to go by rank amongst peers from that season rather than raw stats. His rankings would have him looking better (13-22 range but he did lead the league in INT's) but still nowhere close to Allen who is basically top 10 in everything. But Big Ben's raw stats in today's NFL would have him like 25th or worse in every category but YPA.

I don't like the Big Ben comparison mostly because Allen is >>>> Big Ben when it comes to athletic ability. Even a young Big Ben was never as close to Allen as an athlete. The scary thing for the league but awesome for Bills fans is the more Allen plays the more the comp looks like Mahomes. Mahomes is a very sneaky athlete himself. 

25 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I was watching one of the talking head NFL shows and in describing Josh it was said...many QBs say "oh no a blitz".  Josh Allen now says, "perfect, they're blitzing".

Here it is. Great segment and nice shoutout to bills mafia.  Also pointed out what we have talked about here about how Allen is the only 1st rounder on the offense.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Here it is. Great segment and nice shoutout to bills mafia.  Also pointed out what we have talked about here about how Allen is the only 1st rounder on the offense.

Great segment but 0:20 - really? Rams vs. Bills? 

Does any of this have legs?  An article by Jason La Canfora a few hours ago.  I just was forwarded this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/concern-mounting-within-steelers-organization-about-ben-roethlisberger-knee-injury/

excerpt:

Ben Roethlisberger's knee injury, which flared up a few weeks back, has become a source of greater concern within the Steelers organization, sources said, further limiting the quarterback's mobility at a time when Pittsburgh is throwing the ball at an alarming rate.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Does any of this have legs?  An article by Jason La Canfora a few hours ago.  I just was forwarded this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/concern-mounting-within-steelers-organization-about-ben-roethlisberger-knee-injury/

excerpt:

Ben Roethlisberger's knee injury, which flared up a few weeks back, has become a source of greater concern within the Steelers organization, sources said, further limiting the quarterback's mobility at a time when Pittsburgh is throwing the ball at an alarming rate.

It's La Confora though, so this means that Big Ben is going to have 200 yards rushing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

excerpt:

As you can imagine, stiller fans are handling this well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

All that talk of Steelers practicing in pads on Friday, ok espn hype that up.  Wait a minute, their starting center has been out the last 2 weeks (covid) and needed reps.  Too much being made of that, shut down that run tonight and make them 1 dimensional.

sure.  Wear a tired team down even more.  

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wow...this is interesting...increasing concern inside Steeler organization about Roethlesberger's knee. Discomfort has gotten worse since the game against Dallas...

https://sportsnaut.com/pittsburgh-steelers-rumors/

Well he's probably going to give his best Drew Bledsoe impression then a be (as my grandfather always called him) a fat pig on ice.