Officiating across the league is god awful

Brennan Huff

Honestly I don't think they care. Unless it is a major screw up at a crucial moment in a critical game, like Rams Saints NFC Championship, I dont think they kind a little controversy.  It keeps fans talking and engaged. Sure they want to get it correct most of the time, but a call here or there they really aren't going to do much about it.

• Like (+1) 3

It was unsportsmanlike conduct on Moss and it clearly wasn’t. 
It also shouldn’t have been targeting on Davis late in the game, Allen slid and the defender walked into Davis. 
It also should’ve been offensive interference on Guytin, and the official right on the play didn’t throw the flag...the inside ref came over and bailed him out.

Refs were clueless today 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

That personal foul call against Moss was baffling. The Browns and Patriots also had some mind blowingly bad calls against them. When do these refs start to get held responsible for terrible officiating? Or does the league not care? 

Yea I thought they started out ok but towards the end it was rediculis! That call was one of the worst ever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I watched  is horror as Josh spinned that ball after the TD. 

Meanwhile, Hill does a backflip into the end zone for KC. That was ***** classless. All my years of watching football I have always said KC is one of the most classless organizations I have ever seen. They always rub it in, doesn’t matter what decade and who’s on the roster. 

I hate the celebrations though so I understand people won’t agree with me. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

well I figure the Patriots need about 900 bad calls against them in a row to even things out.

NE got a gift  giving  in game winning FG range.

Cam running to the sidelines near the sticks. On reply he was still in bounds whrn he got hit. They called a personal foul.  He wasn’t hit in the head.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

That personal foul call against Moss was baffling. The Browns and Patriots also had some mind blowingly bad calls against them. When do these refs start to get held responsible for terrible officiating? Or does the league not care? 

The officials will never improve in this league unless the league punishes them for bad calls. Officials like that imbecile who called moss for tossing the ball backwards today should be dropped for a week or fined. In addition, coaches should have 1 challenge a game allowed just for penalties.

Edited by Livinginthepast

36 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

and thank you for that weekly reminder. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Be held responsible?  You actually think the League can fine a ref for a bad call and the union not stepping in?

There is roughly 150 plays per game and they blow a call or two call and that means they are terrible?

Well yeah I’m most peoples cases, if you’re  bad at your job there are consequences. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Well yeah I’m most peoples cases, if you’re  bad at your job there are consequences. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

How often are you fines or your paycheck is docked for not being 100% perfect at your job?

Are unions a new thing to you or something?

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I disagree, I think he slung the ball behind his back at the defender in retatiation for the defender continuing to tackle out of bounds. There was definite intent there IMO.

This is a pretty stupid statement.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As a fan since the 60's, there are two things that are diminishing this league.
One is the increasing incidence of injuries effecting teams.

I'm not going to judge that, but it has an ever increasing effect on teams.

The other is the bizarre increase in judgement calls that are game changing, and would never have been called in years past.

Way more ref influence in games.

Too much, and not consistent.

Today's Bills game was horribly officiated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Watching the Bucs against the Chiefs and there were just flags on four straight plays. The refs are gaining more yards than the players. The offensive holding is the worst I think. Should be five yards instead of ten, especially since the refs seem to use a randomizer when making those calls.

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How often are you fines or your paycheck is docked for not being 100% perfect at your job?

Are unions a new thing to you or something?

Oh right the union. So if your starting QB keeps throwing interceptions you have to keep him in because of the Union. You can’t bench him or even cut him because of the Union. Nobody said anything about fines or docking paychecks. That’s obviously not how it works...

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Oh right the union. So if your starting QB keeps throwing interceptions you have to keep him in because of the Union. You can’t bench him or even cut him because of the Union. Nobody said anything about fines or docking paychecks. That’s obviously not how it works...

Somebody actually did bring up fines in this thread.

LOL

Okay since you evaluated all the refs on every single play.  That ref that blew the call on the Moss unsportsmanlike call, how many other bad calls did he have that you can specifically point out?

Since you're bringing a QB playing terrible comparison.  I evaluate a QB on his complete game.  That's the way I would evaluate a ref as well but you don't or think they should.

There are bad calls in every game and every sport because there is a lot of judgement calls and players are moving at a very fast pace.  

So what's your solution?  Why don't you bring up what you think the consequences should be if a ref blows a call?

38 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I disagree, I think he slung the ball behind his back at the defender in retatiation for the defender continuing to tackle out of bounds. There was definite intent there IMO.

You think he did?  If you have to "think" about a personal foul penalty it wasn't a foul.  The ball landed nowhere near the defender.  BS call.

Edited by Azucho98

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Somebody actually did bring up fines in this thread.

LOL

Okay since you evaluated all the refs on every single play.  That ref that blew the call on the Moss unsportsmanlike call, how many other bad calls did he have that you can specifically point out?

Since you're bringing a QB playing terrible comparison.  I evaluate a QB on his complete game.  That's the way I would evaluate a ref as well but you don't or think they should.

There are bad calls in every game and every sport because there is a lot of judgement calls and players are moving at a very fast pace.  

So what's your solution?  Why don't you bring up what you think the consequences should be if a ref blows a call?

Listen I don’t want to fight with you because Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies of all time. Let’s just agree to disagree 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My consequences would be that the official that makes a bad call has to live for the next few days, after the game, in the city who he made the bad call against and the official couldn’t be in hiding during that time. He has to be out and about every day he is awake. And it should be known where he’s at so he can be properly ridiculed by the fan base. Even assaulted if it is deemed that the call cost the team points. Obviously, homicide would be allowed if the call lost the team a game.

I know it may sound harsh but you asked.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He threw the ball at a tackler after the play. The official, like I, thought it was intentional. If he doesn't sling the ball behind his back at the tackler, he gives the official nothing to think about. Pretty dang simple...

Lol, "threw the ball". What time did you start smoking this morning?

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

My consequences would be that the official that makes a bad call has to live for the next few days, after the game, in the city who he made the bad call against and the official couldn’t be in hiding during that time. He has to be out and about every day he is awake. And it should be known where he’s at so he can be properly ridiculed by the fan base. Even assaulted if it is deemed that the call cost the team points. Obviously, homicide would be allowed if the call lost the team a game.

I know it may sound harsh but you asked.

I would make them watch all the Tyler Perry movies for a week straight.  

Eat baked potatoes without butter or other condiments for every meal.

Drink gas station Moscato throughout the day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

The officials will never improve in this league unless the league punishes them for bad calls. Officials like that imbecile who called moss for tossing the ball backwards today should be dropped for a week or fined. In addition, coaches should have 1 challenge a game allowed just for penalties.

What good will they do?  They added one before and the referees ignored it so they took it off the books.

The zebras have not improved making them full time.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

LOLOLOL. 

Classic Gene right here..... CLASSIC

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is a pretty stupid statement.

Yes. Yes it was 

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Wow, some of you are just so homer you really can't see it... I knew right away it was going to be a penalty. And, I was correct.

Bro, both announcers both said it was a weak call. 

Its literally just you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Seems the past 2 weeks the refs are trying to make up for the lack of holding calls in the first half of the year by throwing flags on what seems like every other offensive play on some drives.

I don't ever remember seeing as many 1st and 30 or 2nd and 35 situations as I have seen the past 2 weeks. Some of them are justified and some aren't. Honestly to me it looks like the players have all adjusted to what wasn't being called the first half of the year and now when they are doing the same thing it is a penalty. There just needs to be consistency...it seems the NFL has issued a mandate to call more holds on offense because there are a lot more the past few weeks.