Chris Simms on Bills-Patriots

Simms is a huge Allen fan & avid Bills follower. He's not going to make excuses for us that he doesn't believe in. He's excused a lot of Allen's play the past 2 years, but he can't ignore that the Pats were previously blown out by a depleted 49ers team the week prior, and lost to the awful Broncos before that. 

The Bills were supposed to win, and really hammer home that we're the top dogs now. But we're going on 4 weeks now of losing to good teams & eking out wins against bad ones.

We had 4 games of the offense we saw at the beginning of the year coupled with 4 games of how it looks now. Unfortunately, those latter 4 games much more closely resemble the Bills of the past 2 seasons, and that's not good.

It doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish. And if this is the offense come January, our playoff run will be owed to a weak division & be terribly short.

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I have no idea, have never produced a show, but that sounds oversimplified to me...

Thanks for admitting you resorted to wild speculation as a last-ditch effort to support your highfalutin argument.

Peace.

Edited by LeGOATski

I don't believe in things such as moral victories in a loss, or what ever the heck the opposite thing would be in a win. At the end of the day there are only wins and losses, "style points" only matter during the game to allow us fans to either gloat on the awesomeness of our team or bemoan the suckatude of our least liked players and/or coaches. After the final gun you either have a win (a good thing) or a loss (a bad thing). Given the choice of playing brilliantly every game but for some reason going 0-16, or playing like a pile of steaming dog feces but winning the Super Bowl ... pass me the trophy.

just sayin    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Codyny13 said:

Not to mention, it was our best running performance of the year. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Makes you wonder what some people’s home lives are like. The satisfaction must be 100% at all times or I’m leaving! 

don't go Bro. Mongo is back. It'll get better👌

26 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Was Bellichick outsmarting or outcoaching McDermott when he called for that onside kick?

Which gave the Bills a short field, and lead to a Bills touchdown drive!

Is the national media talking about that?!

My thoughts exactly.

Our defense owned them through the 1st half, and they made some adjustments and found a way to mount a late comeback. One could argue they lost the game not on the fumble during their last drive, but rather on the failed onside kick and short field they gave us that we were able to turn into points.

We are playing most of our depth and elevated PS players on defense and across the offensive line so I do not want to hear how patchwork NE is.

Chris is not often wrong and he had predicted a NE win, perhaps it is a bit tough for him to eat crow and admit the Bills were able to both stop the run (in the first half) and run all over NE for most of the game. We are all wrong from time to time and it does not mean that the Bills do not still have issues - 3rd down defense is still cringe-worthy, but all these depth guys are getting a lot of playing time and that is never a bad thing if we get some of the starters back.

I think we have too much money tied up in a defensive front with too many edge rushers and 3-technique DTs. We need enough effective 1-tech DTs to rotate in fresh and able to hold up to double-teams and get some push or teams will just run over us. What good is it to have pass rushers if you cannot force teams to pass, or commit enough players to coverage to be effective?

I am sure Beane and McD had these boxes checked off with Star, Phillips coming back, and Zimmer  in the wings. But Zimmer has been their most consistent option and he was hands on hips sucking air in that 4th quarter. The Bills need another 1-tech option to step up and effectively spell him. Freeing up some cap and focusing on filling this void should be an off season priority for OBD.

Till then, if this team figures out one ugly way to win after the next with the players they can field, I will gladly take it.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Was Bellichick outsmarting or outcoaching McDermott when he called for that onside kick?

What about 15 seconds left in the half, 3rd down on the 15 and kicks a FG. Bill has no faith in his team. 

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Every day I go on YT and search "Josh Allen" and "Buffalo Bills". Not too many of the nationally known petsonalities would be producing "acceptible" content in the eyes of many on these forums. However there are plenty of Bills fan/homer youtubers who would be be deemed acceptible. GMFB seems to be the exception, but they rarely rag on any team, I think they like to make all fans feel good about their respective teams.

Whatever interests you I suppose, but general speculation of what might be "acceptible" (sic) content to people here or general discussion of national media opinion is not the intended point of this thread

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Many talking heads picked a 2-4 team to beat a 5-2 team because Belichick has been McDermott's daddy, they were almost right so they chose to report the game as the Pats blowing it. If the Bills would have stomped them like they should have the national narrative would be different today. It's not rocket science.

No, certainly nothing you post is rocket science.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Simms did say the onside kick was dumbfounding to him.  So there's that.

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

We played like dog ***** against a patchwork patriot team that has a qb that cant throw a football and we should have lost.

Minus saying we won....there is nothing else positive about this win.

Just Go to sleep man...🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

We played like dog ***** against a patchwork patriot team that has a qb that cant throw a football and we should have lost.

Minus saying we won....there is nothing else positive about this win.

A lot of the media, including Sims, picked the Patriots to win. 

And you conclusion that we should have lost is a little off. The D made the play when they needed to.  

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think your missing the point. W's & L's are definitely all that matters in the end, but national media coverage of this organization has been a very sore topic of many Bills fans for 20+ years. Why is that if all that matters is W's & L's? 

No that is exactly my point.  The final score is all that matters.  Do you think how we won matters to anyone inside One Bills Drive.  It only matters to some on Two Bills Drive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some good points but disappointingly focused on the Patriots and then at the end it's all Brady vs Belicheck.  Don't listen if you're not strong of stomach.

He doesn't give the Bills D any props for slowing the Patriots, and I must admit we didn't shut them down. 

Doesn't know Zimmer's name, though he does get it prompted to him and apologizes.

He does give McDermott credit for getting the run game going so there's that.  I was disappointed because he was so strong about "the Bills can't stop the run or run the ball, they're going to lose" and he didn't walk it back at all.  He also didn't note that we overcame some stuff that I thought was remarkable, like losing our starting center on the 3rd play of the game and "next man up!" so flawlessly on OL.

You ran the ball well, but you didn’t really stop the run.  Harris was hashing you the entire second half.  Let’s be Honest this place be losing its mind if Cam didn’t fumble.  I rewatched the play and the Bill player was going for the tackle (like he should) and Cam had that ball out like a loaf of bread and got it knocked out.   Great play and the better team won. But by no means do I think your D showed anything in improvement.  I mean the Pats are a rather one dimensional offense. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some good points but disappointingly focused on the Patriots and then at the end it's all Brady vs Belicheck.  Don't listen if you're not strong of stomach.

He doesn't give the Bills D any props for slowing the Patriots, and I must admit we didn't shut them down. 

Doesn't know Zimmer's name, though he does get it prompted to him and apologizes.

He does give McDermott credit for getting the run game going so there's that.  I was disappointed because he was so strong about "the Bills can't stop the run or run the ball, they're going to lose" and he didn't walk it back at all.  He also didn't note that we overcame some stuff that I thought was remarkable, like losing our starting center on the 3rd play of the game and "next man up!" so flawlessly on OL.

Hapless, Simms was an assistant NE coa h for a year, so it’s understandable.

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

We're talking about different things I think... I'm talking about Bills fan inferiority complex and agnst due to national pundits' spin on Bills games, not at all what goes on within the organization...

What I'm saying is similar.  Fans care about the media and other fans.  The organizations could give two shots less.  I was mocking the fans who are worried about the way we won and what the media is saying.

Chris Simms has been a Bills cheerleader in the national media since last season. Loves Allen. Loves the coaching staff.

The team is playing poorly, especially on defense. He can't overlook that. He'd lose whatever credibility he has.

We aren't playing well. No one in the national media is going to care until we beat a good team or crush a team we are clearly better than (had opportunities the past 2 weeks and didn't pass the eye test). Allen's play the first 4 weeks got alot of eyeballs on the Bills and then played 2 national televised games where they got embarrassed, barely beat the Jets, and were on their way to getting pushed down the field against NE on the final drive to lose that game until Cam fumbled. Don't forget most people thought we stole the Rams game on that sketchy DPI(i think it was the right call).

It is what it is

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Pretty much, not sure how a talk show is supposed to spin that into the Bills are great like Many fans seem to want.

Whose opinion matters?

Jesus Christ, give it appears a rest. You’ve completely hijacked this thread and become nauseous with you’re incessant boring posts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So again someone in the National Media questions the Bills and people are upset.  

I'm upset the Bills didn't put it to rest and barely won a "home" game vs. a vastly inferior short-handed team.  

But they won and that I guess is all that matters.  

The first four weeks it was PFF & "Highly Questionable" with Dan Lebatard, Bomani & Yates and after week 4 & Dan turned the corner famously on Josh Allen, only to have the coaching staff regress in his development & playcalling these last 4 weeks.  

The Nation Media is going to look at Buffalo as Meh, until they really show something.  I hope that comes this week and in the form of a highly entertaining, high scoring game vs.  Seattle, where Allen & the Offense play like weeks 1-4.  Follow that up with a convincing win vs. Arizona, and then see the narrative change.

Bottomline the Bills beat NE, which is all that counts (and TB beat NYG and expect the Media to question TB), but talking about the Bills as a serious contender or a very good team will not happen based on the last four weeks.

That to me is on McD. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Their opinion and yours are the opinions of people who don’t matter.

We beat NE in a demoralizing fashion for THEM , not us!

Yep. A gut wrenching, season-ending, coach second guessing win. It was karma and it was perfect in my eyes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Bill Belicheck was out coached, pure and simple. The onsides kick was a bad coaching decision, as we were clearly talented enough on ST to recover it. He also put the ball in Cam's hands during a critical drive. Bad decision. He didn't respect our running game. Bad coaching decision. He kicked a FG on 3rd down to close the half. Bad coaching decision.

He was outcoached. Period. Bills won, in part because they were better coached for this game. This will hurt some people with an agenda, but suck it up and listen to the truth.

9 minutes ago, todd said:

Bill Belicheck was out coached, pure and simple. The onsides kick was a bad coaching decision, as we were clearly talented enough on ST to recover it. He also put the ball in Cam's hands during a critical drive. Bad decision. He didn't respect our running game. Bad coaching decision. He kicked a FG on 3rd down to close the half. Bad coaching decision.

He was outcoached. Period. Bills won, in part because they were better coached for this game. This will hurt some people with an agenda, but suck it up and listen to the truth.

Yep two bad decisions, but having the ball inside the 20 with 30 seconds to go & a chance to win, tells me he outcoached/schemed McD.