Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am built like a rangy CB with very little burst but a good engine so I can sustain mediocre performance and handle what ever snap count you throw my way. I promise to only pee myself a little bit when Diggs tries to press me off the LOS. 

Where should I send my direct deposit information? 

Do you bring your lunch pail?

• Like (+1) 2

I was just curious when the last time any NFL team lost a game via forfeit? It was the Rochester Jeffersons in 1921 who forfeited to the Washington Senators because they spent too much time arguing about crappy field conditions and refused to play...

16 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Haven't totally caught up in this thread so not sure if discussed.

On the issue of players not getting paid if game not played - if game is forfeit why not have part of the punishment/fine from the NFL be that the Titans pay the game checks for the opposing team of any game cancelled due to their negligence?

While it may "feel good" to vent like that realistically it will NEVER happen for a bunch of reasons.  Which of the Titans has to pay?  Is it part of the NFLPA aggreemnt, no.  Who is going to pay for and handle all the resultant lawsuits?

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

I was just curious when the last time any NFL team lost a game via forfeit? It was the Rochester Jeffersons in 1921 who forfeited to the Washington Senators because they spent too much time arguing about crappy field conditions and refused to play...

Great history.  The Rochester Jefferson, who came up with that name?

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

While it may "feel good" to vent like that realistically it will NEVER happen for a bunch of reasons.  Which of the Titans has to pay?  Is it part of the NFLPA aggreemnt, no.  Who is going to pay for and handle all the resultant lawsuits?

The Titan team would pay?   Part of the recent fines for coaches not wearing masks on the sideline included 250K fine for their teams.

Presumably the NFL will levy harsh fines on the Titans - they could direct some/all that money to go to the other team if the game is not played?

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah right.  Just like University of Alabama could beat the worst NFL teams.

that’s not even close to the same thing.  I’m sure we have 30+ former HS and college players on tsw.  

I bet our boy Kurt Kittner would throw darts all over those kids. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whenever this game is rescheduled, we will need a New game week thread. Whew

Why? 

They will still be locked out of their facility and violating protocols week 18

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

that’s not even close to the same thing.  I’m sure we have 30+ former HS and college players on tsw.  

I bet our boy Kurt Kittner would throw darts all over those kids. 

Oh I bet we do.

And how many years AFTER they stop playing are they any good?   Maybe 3 or 5?   How many would get injured?

I looked up Kurt Kittner.  He hasnt played pro ball since 2005, he is 40 years old.

Yes I stand by my comment.

We all want to THNIK that we still have it..very very few do.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And now likely the league's PPE policy...

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

McDonald's menu is now incomprehensible. They have all these random bundles now. It's impossible to just buy a few $1 cheeseburgers for the kids. 

I hate McDonalds but have young kids.

I wil say you care correct, the random bundles now are borderline incomprehensible, it is even worse trying to get take out over a microphone as the cashiers are with masks.  BUT i wil say where my kids go you can still get a sinsingle hamburger or cheeseburger, for $1.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I probably eat 4-6 double cheeseburgers from McDonald’s a week.  I just love them.

Those are solid. 

Am I right, though? My head spins when I see a McD menu now. I know things are on there, but I can't find them. Then the deals are so complicated-- mix and match 4 sandwiches (2 of which we don't want). I always end up spending like $25 on the fam, which makes me think-- we could have gone to a real restaurant! 

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I hate McDonalds but have young kids.

I wil say you care correct, the random bundles now are borderline incomprehensible, it is even worse trying to get take out over a microphone as the cashiers are with masks.  BUT i wil say where my kids go you can still get a sinsingle hamburger or cheeseburger, for $1.

haha-- exactly my experience. What compounds it for me is everyone in the family wants something slightly different, so we can never quite take advantage of the right deals. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I probably eat 4-6 double cheeseburgers from McDonald’s a week.  I just love them.

Have you tried combining two or three of the dollar meal burgers into one?  Used to do it all the time back in college.  Was a great way to a heart attack for only three bucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whenever this game is rescheduled, we will need a New game week thread. Whew

I think it should be merged with the Mario Williams thread

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Those are solid. 

Am I right, though? My head spins when I see a McD menu now. I know things are on there, but I can't find them. Then the deals are so complicated-- mix and match 4 sandwiches (2 of which we don't want). I always end up spending like $25 on the fam, which makes me think-- we could have gone to a real restaurant! 

haha-- exactly my experience. What compounds it for me is everyone in the family wants something slightly different, so we can never quite take advantage of the right deals. 

Oh yeah, 100%.  Last time I went one ordered a kids meal with the crappy plastic toy made by slaves in china, anyway they forgot the darn sugar filled "apple juice" box, wife had a fit, i had to go back and get my "free" apple juice box.

• Haha (+1) 1