Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What a joke. If they fired a guy for saying players listed as backups on the depth chart are rotating with the second unit then shame on them.  I could give a rats ass about Chris Brown, but honestly who cares. Do you think there is a competitive disadvantage to saying the Bills rookies are rotating in the second string units?  No ***** Sherlock.  Everyone knows that.  Everyone knows there are only two spots on the the o-line up for grabs and Ford is playing one of them.  

Again, He was not fired. He was suspended. Thread title is misleading. He’s still on the Bills website. TC is over on Sunday so I anticipate he’s back Monday if he was banned from covering those practices specifically as was reported. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 8/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, BruceVilanch said:

I don't know how much I can post from a paywall site, but the article strongly hinted that he was divulging too much practice information (snap counts, formations, etc) and he violated the revised 2020 media policy.

I will come out supporting him all day but c'mon we still have the hoodie in our division, you gotta keep somewhat of a lid on this kind of stuff

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Again, He was not fired. He was suspended. Thread title is misleading. He’s still on the Bills website. TC is over on Sunday so I anticipate he’s back Monday if he was banned from covering those practices specifically as was reported. 

Thanks for clarification. 

I never cared for the embedded journalist idea anyways. Hope they don't bring him back..

On 8/27/2020 at 10:16 AM, Don Otreply said:

Your still not getting it, they are employees that have restrictions on what they are allowed to talk to the public about concerning their employers company, it is that cut and dry.

Yes and it likely he was warned and it’s likely that this was beyond just talk about position battles. I surmise maybe he is one who leaked confidential negotiations in naming rights which may have come from the marketing director which may be why she was kicked out gracefully and why he was suspended for repeating her confidential info....that is if I had to guess our loud.....

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Yes and it likely he was warned and it’s likely that this was beyond just talk about position battles. I surmise maybe he is one who leaked confidential negotiations in naming rights which may have come from the marketing director which may be why she was kicked out gracefully and why he was suspended for repeating her confidential info....that is if I had to guess our loud.....

I saw a rumor that he was reprimanded for RTing the tweet from portnoy and saying that it was updated  info about naming rights 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw a rumor that he was reprimanded for RTing the tweet from portnoy and saying that it was updated  info about naming rights 

I’m just saying the marketing debacle happened with no explanation too. Probably linked in some way and they are keeping it in house. That to me means someone leaked a confident discussion which would logically be the naming rights discussions since no one is bidding for new marketing partnerships these days..so you fire the person who leaked the actual confidential contract info and you suspend the person she told who leaked it second hand. It’s logical, it may not be correct but it is logical. 

Edited by Locomark

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

Chris Brown will be allowed to continue covering the Bills but under some severe restrictions. 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=prisoner+hood&id=B9760E2E599C70917D80E004A705FE8E3A309533&form=IQFRBA&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

Until somebody thinks a white option would be a good idea to protect against the sun...

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

#FreeChrisBrown is now trending on Twitter in Buffalo.    

I started the trend!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

WOW that seems really weird he must have done something pretty bad for them to shut him down like that . Just because he discussed a team thing doesn't seem as if the punishment fits the crime it's not like he gave away a game plan the day before a game or something .

I think he probably pissed off someone behind the scenes the was above him & they probably thought i'll teach him a lesson which if that is what happened it's BS ! 

On 8/28/2020 at 7:24 AM, CLTbills said:

Maybe that was a poor choice of words. I'll say this though - of all of the "beat" reporters, I've always enjoyed listening to Brownie because he goes in depth about scheme, etc.(which is actually what got him in trouble here) - He never (before there was this new rule) spoke in vanilla generalizations, i.e. "Levi Wallace looked great" - he would break down where the player played, what type of coverages they were running, etc. And it wasn't necessarily in practice - I enjoyed listening to him on OBL during the season because I thought he did a good job of breaking things down for someone who may not understand the super technical stuff. 

I'd take a Chris Brown over a Rodak, Louis-Jacques, or Sully any day of the week.

One Bills Live was much better when he took over the lead from Tasker but one would think with the change in this new rule that he has apparently broken you would think that a little leniency for a first offense .

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, T master said:

WOW that seems really weird he must have done something pretty bad for them to shut him down like that . Just because he discussed a team thing doesn't seem as if the punishment fits the crime it's not like he gave away a game plan the day before a game or something .

I think he probably pissed off someone behind the scenes the was above him & they probably thought i'll teach him a lesson which if that is what happened it's BS ! 

Maybe he trashed Jason Croom and was hitting on Pegs' daughters...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

One Bills Live was much better when he took over the lead from Tasker but one would think with the change in this new rule that he has apparently broken you would think that a little leniency for a first offense .

He did a good job of moving the show along.  Steve would ramble/stumble through a thought or sentence and Chris would fill in the blanks.  I think Tasker got him in trouble by probing for info.  Ask him a Bills question and if he knows the answer he provides an answer.  He has done that for decades.  Oops. 

Chris has a good voice and expresses his thoughts clearly and I liked the show more with him hosting than with anyone else they have had, including Murphy.  He does his rant thing very well.

I think they had to make an example of him as a warning to everyone else that covers the team.  Yes, someone at One Bills Drive takes the media rules seriously to the point where they will enforce them on One Bills Live content.  It was weird that nothing was said officially on-the-air about his status.  I'd have had Chris Brown make the announcement himself.  "I knew the rules but got carried away in the moment and now I have to serve a one week suspension.  My bad.  Be back next Monday."  Something like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

He did a good job of moving the show along.  Steve would ramble/stumble through a thought or sentence and Chris would fill in the blanks.  I think Tasker got him in trouble by probing for info.  Ask him a Bills question and if he knows the answer he provides an answer.  He has done that for decades.  Oops. 

Chris has a good voice and expresses his thoughts clearly and I liked the show more with him hosting than with anyone else they have had, including Murphy.  He does his rant thing very well.

I think they had to make an example of him as a warning to everyone else that covers the team.  Yes, someone at One Bills Drive takes the media rules seriously to the point where they will enforce them on One Bills Live content.  It was weird that nothing was said officially on-the-air about his status.  I'd have had Chris Brown make the announcement himself.  "I knew the rules but got carried away in the moment and now I have to serve a one week suspension.  My bad.  Be back next Monday."  Something like that.

They're always secretive about things like this. No reason for it other than to withhold information for the sake of withholding information.

This is admittedly somewhat of a guess but I’m not sure CB is all that loved by his beat reporter brethren. Over on The Athletic today some folks were trying to get Joe B and Fairburn to criticize the Bills’ policies and support CB. Fairburn said the policies seemed overly restrictive but were clear and they all got them at the same time. CB violated them in his very first on-air appearance that day. Said if the Bills had not removed him from practice they would have “had a problem” with the local media and called it an “unforced error” by CB along with his promoting the Barstool naming rights tweet (which the NFL wants no part of). Later he also noted that CB was tweeting today so he’s “out of timeout.”

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brown isn't a reporter.  The first and only time he tried to be, his owner suspended him as a reminder...

He has been coming on OBL and giving details like that for years.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They're always secretive about things like this. No reason for it other than to withhold information for the sake of withholding information.

Disciplinary action against an employee is private as it should be.  At your place of work, if you got written up, should everyone in the office know what happened and why?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

Over on The Athletic today some folks were trying to get Joe B and Fairburn to criticize the Bills’ policies and support CB.

A sportswriter and a guy who despises owners of professional sports teams walk into a bar...

But l repeat myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I guess you are too young (pre P*ts rise) to know Brown was a reporter before he got job at OBD.

We all read his linkedin.  Pointless as soon as he was hired.

zero points for you, son

Edited by Mr. WEO