Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

I watched some of the post verdict commentary on outlets like CNN and MSNBC this afternoon.  Unsurprisingly, they hammered away at the white supremist and racism angle as that's been what they've been preaching since the beginning here.  I'm sure their flock will embrace the message but listening to the commentary and conversations they simply refuse to acknowledge a lot of the realities of the circumstances.  The fact the event was a riot and looting session is excluded. 

But when you tell lies and hear lies for over a year about something how else will people react?  And when it turns out exactly opposite of what you've been saying and what you've been hearing the alternative to believing the injustice conclusion is to accept the fact your beliefs are false.  Who wants to do that?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Never actually been factually proven to be him either

The entire article says appears to look like Rittenhouse.. it does not say it is Kyle Rittenhouse

And even if it is it doesn't make him a murderer

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I hated this case and everything it said about modern day America.

- Black man shot by cops. A tragedy? Yes. He's crippled for life. Justifiable shooting? I think so. The cops were called to a classic dangerous/domestic violence scene, and the alleged perpetrator/victim (take your pick, they both fit the bill) did something stupid that caused the cop to think he was probably reaching for something dangerous.

- Idiot antifa "protesters" - White protesters - see this as an excuse to break stuff and burn someone else's city down. Some bring guns to a peaceful protest.

- Idiot chubby girlish looking Illinois boy decides he's gonna be the big man and brings his rifle to the riot. Tries to act tough patrolling the streets of someone else's city in someone else's state.

And shockingly it all ends with dead bodies.

From what I saw of the evidence and read of the law, I probably would've acquitted him too. He was guilty of stupidity, of trying to inflame an already explosive situation, but probably not of homicide under Wisconsin law under these circumstances. He is no hero. He is a moron. An acquitted moron, but a moron nonetheless. So too are his victims (or, as the judge would have it, recipients of his bullets).

I've always disliked that old phrase that always pops up around here: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." But it applies here better than any other sentiment.

People: just stop. Stop trying to get back at the man by breaking stuff and burning things of innocent people. Stop trying to be a self-appointed hero by fighting back against Idiot Team A by forming Idiot Team B. Respect the law. Protest and call for justice where you should. Jacob Blake? Not a hero. Cop who shot Jacob Blake? Not a hero (or a villain; just a cop trying to protect himself when an arrest went bad). Mr. Grosskreutz, the survivor with no biceps?  Rittenhouse? Not a hero. Other than the wrong-place, wrong-time cop, all parts of the problem, not the solution.

We think the exact same way of this situation. He’s an idiot and got lucky he didn’t lose his life. I probably would have acquitted him too, but this whole situation was stupid as hell and avoidable. That’s why I dont care if he was found innocent or guilty. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The entire article says appears to look like Rittenhouse.. it does not say it is Kyle Rittenhouse

No, it does not make him a murderer whether its him or not.  

"Not a murderer" is interesting criteria for picking your heroes but do whatever makes you happy.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

"Not a murderer" is interesting criteria for picking your heroes but do whatever makes you happy.

I'm sure he'll sleep better knowing he has your approval on doing things that make him happy.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He didn't break any laws. And where did I say not being a murderer is a criteria for being a hero?

If your child got attacked and he had a weapon on himself to defend himself.. you bet your ass you hope he was able to defend himself.. he defended himself against grown men that is heroic

It is a victory for self-defense in America.. that is what self-defense is all about

There's tons of places with open carry where there's very little gun violence... If you're not able to defend yourself in this country you have nothing

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s him.  He is scum.

Is Babbit another hero of yours?

56 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

two things…nobody here considers him a hero. Also, wouldn’t you say all your heroes are not murderers as I assume you aren’t a serial killer fan boy?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

two things…nobody here considers him a hero. Also, wouldn’t you say all your heroes are not murderers as I assume you aren’t a serial killer fan boy?

The only murderer I consider a hero has rushed for 2000 yards in 14 games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- Black man shot by cops. A tragedy? Yes. He's crippled for life. Justifiable shooting? I think so. The cops were called to a classic dangerous/domestic violence scene, and the alleged perpetrator/victim (take your pick, they both fit the bill) did something stupid that caused the cop to think he was probably reaching for something dangerous.

- Idiot antifa "protesters" - White protesters - see this as an excuse to break stuff and burn someone else's city down. Some bring guns to a peaceful protest.

- Idiot chubby girlish looking Illinois boy decides he's gonna be the big man and brings his rifle to the riot. Tries to act tough patrolling the streets of someone else's city in someone else's state.

From what I saw of the evidence and read of the law, I probably would've acquitted him too. He was guilty of stupidity, of trying to inflame an already explosive situation, but probably not of homicide under Wisconsin law under these circumstances. He is no hero. He is a moron. An acquitted moron, but a moron nonetheless. So too are his victims (or, as the judge would have it, recipients of his bullets).

I've always disliked that old phrase that always pops up around here: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." But it applies here better than any other sentiment.

People: just stop. Stop trying to get back at the man by breaking stuff and burning things of innocent people. Stop trying to be a self-appointed hero by fighting back against Idiot Team A by forming Idiot Team B. Respect the law. Protest and call for justice where you should. Jacob Blake? Not a hero. Cop who shot Jacob Blake? Not a hero (or a villain; just a cop trying to protect himself when an arrest went bad). Mr. Grosskreutz, the survivor with no biceps?  Rittenhouse? Not a hero. Other than the wrong-place, wrong-time cop, all parts of the problem, not the solution.

Not a bad post.  The whole thing from the beginning of the protest was a series of bad acts that culminated in violence.  No surprise there.  The kid should never have gone there into that powder keg.  The governor and city leadership though own a big piece of what happened.  The protest should have been shut down the minute a brick was thrown. 

Kyle's free today but his problems are probably just beginning.  There will be a lot of forces working against him in the coming months and years I suspect. 

Justice seems to have been served at this point but it ain't pretty. 

Edited by keepthefaith

The Right to Armed Self-Defense in Light of Law Enforcement Abdication.

The riots in Kenosha — and many other places — took place because Democratic politicians told law enforcement to stand down. 

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3703927

President Joe Biden issues genuinely good statement on the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict — so of course lefties are pissed

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/19/president-joe-biden-issues-genuinely-good-statement-on-the-kyle-rittenhouse-verdict-so-of-course-lefties-are-pissed/

Ranking Top 10 Most Pathetic Reactions to Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict.

https://www.outkick.com/left-reactions-tweets-kyle-rittenhouse/

The Rittenhouse List: Who Should Kyle Sue?

Jennifer Oliver O'Connell

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2021/11/19/the-rittenhouse-list-who-should-kyle-sue-n478752

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 716er said:

He doesn't live in Wisconsin. 

There's also videos of your hero beating a woman.

He's as much of a shitstain as the 3 felons he killed. 

Marxists believe anything, they are brainwashed...unable to draw logical

conclusions from facts, Your side is losing, the lies are collapsing, the lying

media propagandists exposed. You people will not destroy America.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Not a bad post.  The whole thing from the beginning of the protest was a series of bad acts that culminated in violence.  No surprise there.  The kid should never have gone there into that powder keg.  The governor and city leadership though own a big piece of what happened.  The protest should have been shut down the minute a brick was thrown. 

Kyle's free today but his problems are probably just beginning.  There will be a lot of forces working against him in the coming months and years I suspect. 

Justice seems to have been served at this point but it ain't pretty. 

Unfortunately the verdict is not the end.  The media and their accomplices in the social justice movement will not accept that the narratives they've been peddling for the past year have been invalidated by the court proceedings.  Rather they are intent on doubling down here.  The "correct" outcome did not happen therefore there is something wrong with the legal process or the people administering the legal process.  The reality that the dis-information and false narratives they've been peddling for the past year failed to hold up when confronted by the facts heard in court escapes them.      

They will hammer away relentlessly on all the usual weekend political shows.  You'll be hearing constant and consistent talking points with references to the usual stereotypes and calls for tougher gun restrictions and self-defense guidelines from people that have championed the elimination of criminal prosecutions and sentences.  Watching left leaning media outlets discussing the verdict is an exercise in some alternative reality.  Even after the verdict you're left wondering if there were two trials going on and you were watching one and they were watching the other.  I'm left to conclude their is something fundamentally wrong with their ability to mentally process reality.  Or perhaps they're so invested in their fantasies about collusion and conspiracies driven by their victim ideologies that they cannot or will not tell the difference between reality and fantasy.  One other explanation is they are pathological liars.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Despite the verdict, I think Rittenhouse's life will not be easy and may indeed be ruined. I feel genuinely sorry for the kid. 

He’s a Republican. He’s already been feeding off the public teet. His mom has asked for other people to pay for his legal bills. Pedos like Gaetz have already offered him a job with 0 qualifications.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

He’s a Republican. He’s already been feeding off the public teet. His mom has asked for other people to pay for his legal bills. Pedos like Gaetz have already offered him a job with 0 qualifications.

Yowza. 

The prosecution had limitless resources, the full weight of the state of Wisconsin, access to videos, witnesses, resources and an inordinate amount of time to prep for the case.  They played fast and loose with justice, attempted to smear the defendant for exercising the fundamental right to remain silent, and have been accused of withholding exculpatory evidence from the defense.  They had the wildly popular President Biden on their side calling the defendant a white supremacist, and the support of many mainstream Dems.  They had their fingers knuckles deep in choosing just the right type of jurors.  

With everything on their side, they failed in everything they did.  The jury rejected every count.  Let that sink in. The case was so bad that after months and months of preparation, strategizing, planning and marketing the case, they got skunked.  

On the other side, you’ve got a guy with his life on the line, not necessarily a sympathetic figure.  He has the courage to get on the stand and tell his story, something we likely all agree is very dangerous when the other side is trying to hurt you, crack you, destroy you.  

The end result is complete exoneration.  Still, defending ones life ain’t cheap, and his legal fees must be exorbitant.  I can understand his mom’s appeal for charity.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

GoFundMe took down the donation page and people were literally fired for donating to his legal defense. 

Why do all you left leaning people always seem so miserable?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

He offered the Vice Presidency?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

We must rejoice and praise God that He has made our enemies so irreparably stupid. 

The prosecution had the opportunity to cross examine a person they chose to frame as a low budget serial killer.  All they had to do was crack a kid from Kenosha. The stage was set and then…

They White Goodmanned the #$&@ out of this thing. 

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

GoFundMe took down the donation page and people were literally fired for donating to his legal defense. 

Why do all you left leaning people always seem so miserable?  

Because their world view is usually built on jealousy and resentment...They rely on constant negativity and grievance to fuel them...They basically feed of it, and it’s a recipe for a lifetime of misery imo...

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I watched some of the post verdict commentary on outlets like CNN and MSNBC this afternoon.  Unsurprisingly, they hammered away at the white supremist and racism angle as that's been what they've been preaching since the beginning here.  I'm sure their flock will embrace the message but listening to the commentary and conversations they simply refuse to acknowledge a lot of the realities of the circumstances.  The fact the event was a riot and looting session is excluded. 

But when you tell lies and hear lies for over a year about something how else will people react?  And when it turns out exactly opposite of what you've been saying and what you've been hearing the alternative to believing the injustice conclusion is to accept the fact your beliefs are false.  Who wants to do that?

Do you think the verdict just emboldens vigilantes in the future now?  That's my main concern.

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This sums it up really well.  I just wanted to touch base, and this is pretty much what I would have had to say.  Well done!

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who is watching what Kyle went through and being like “I want that!”?

Especially after seeing what a horrible mess the judicial system is.  I just hope that the stupid Antifa/Prowd boi nonsense doesn't lead to a bloodbath, because of this ruling.  Everyone having a 'right' to be there, then feeling threatend, so people end up dead.  

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Who is watching what Kyle went through and being like “I want that!”?

Somebody more demented in search of fame who is envious of Rittenhouse being regarded as a hero by people in their social circle.  A hero in their minds that killed the type of people they despise.  Not some scared kid who shouldn't have been there in the first place but acted rationally in a frightening situation.  If he can claim self defense then so can I.

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Self defense isn’t vigilantism 

Did I say that? 

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Somebody more demented in search of fame who is envious of Rittenhouse being regarded as a hero by people in their social circle.  A hero in their minds that killed the type of people they despise.  Not some scared kid who shouldn't have been there in the first place but acted rationally in a frightening situation.  If he can claim self defense then so can I.

Did I say that? 

I feel like we’re already seeing this, across the country, for extended periods of time over, though not limited to, the last couple years.  Admittedly,  the people I’m thinking of have no interest in fame.  They also don’t seem to be viewed as newsworthy of a KR-reasons unknown.    

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

Nearly all leftists know that the verdict is correct. What they are upset about (as shown on this page) is that it confirms one’s right to defend themselves from mob violence, something Democrats have used much since 2016. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Do you think the verdict just emboldens vigilantes in the future now?  That's my main concern.

Sure, it’s possible. However the law is still the law and if one crosses the line they should be prosecuted.

Rittenhouse should not have been prosecuted. He was well within his rights.

To play devil’s advocate Doc, if Rittenhouse was wrongly convicted, would people have been afraid to rightly defend themselves?

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Perhaps if local and state governments once again let politics take priority over their obligation to enforce the rule of law which leaves their citizens without the protections provided by police and law enforcement.  Leaving them to deal with uncontrolled out-of-town rioters and looters operating under the cover of political protest events then we might see a lot more of these self-defense cases. 

The issue I wanted addressed is why city and state officials accountable for providing for the common safety and order refused to allow police to intervene to stop and arrest rioter carrying out acts of property destruction and personal injuries?  Why did they let rioters and looters cause destruction to the city they were accountable to protect?  Whatever happened that night is ultimately on them.  Why aren't they being held accountable?  If this was ancient Rome they'd be crucified for dereliction of duty and left on display as a warning to other public officials to do their jobs.  But in 2021 America incompetent and ineffective officials are protected and get away with pretty much anything the political class elite decide is okay.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I know I don’t want to live in a world where a mob trying to blow up a gas station and burn down a city have to be afraid of armed individuals defending themselves from attack

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Did Rittenhouse break your brain? What kind of gibberish is this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1