Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Did he show up w a gun and kill someone?

No. He killed two people. 

We know who shot the gun. This isn’t a mystery story. 

Go back to posting tweets and nonsense memes, I’d like to keep scrolling past them without paying much attention.

I almost wonder why you’re such a bot.  Almost, but I don’t care.  Don’t bother answering.

32 minutes ago, snafu said:

No. He killed two people. 

We know who shot the gun. This isn’t a mystery story. 

Go back to posting tweets and nonsense memes, I’d like to keep scrolling past them without paying much attention.

I almost wonder why you’re such a bot.  Almost, but I don’t care.  Don’t bother answering.

So he killed two people and he’s innocent?

He brought his gun out for what reason?

Was it show and tell?

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

An overlooked problem is that more experienced cops (often with military training and/or a college degree) leave the city for the suburbs that either pay better or provide a better working environment.  I don't blame them.

I don't think community policing is going to impact a person who had a warrant for his arrest based on charges of third-degree sexual assault, trespassing, and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse.  Just a hunch.

Which points to the  whole problem with sending well-intentioned  but overmatched social workers to respond to DV complaints.  Honestly, I’d think the average local police officer would choose to avoid DV calls 100/100 times save for the ability to help a victim out of a difficult and dangerous situation.  

The desire to recreate the narrative is really fascinating. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's different if you're white. I wonder why?

There’s an argument and some yelling but not non-Compliance. The driver actually complies and gives the officer his license. We don’t see how it ended or know what was the cause of the confrontation. 

22 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I doubt that's the training. At least in that context. Police are subject to the same justification laws as civilians.  Significant excessive force problems otherwise. 

The training isn’t to shoot or kill the suspect. The training is to stop the suspect.  So they continue to fire until the suspect is stopped.  That often takes several rounds.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I read one account of how one of the dead rioters was just attempting to "disarm" the kid.......with a skateboard.   lol

Yeah, I’m pretty sure one of the geniuses in the OTW thread made that argument.

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

It's different if you're white. I wonder why?

Hey Shannon, you know what the difference is? The cop could see his hands (and guess what? It didn’t have a knife in it..). That’s the difference. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

An overlooked problem is that more experienced cops (often with military training and/or a college degree) leave the city for the suburbs that either pay better or provide a better working environment.  I don't blame them.

I don't think community policing is going to impact a person who had a warrant for his arrest based on charges of third-degree sexual assault, trespassing, and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse.  Just a hunch.

I agree with this 100%. 

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The training isn’t to shoot or kill the suspect. The training is to stop the suspect.  So they continue to fire until the suspect is stopped.  That often takes several rounds.  

No doubt.  And that makes sense.  But that's also not consistent with "empty the clip" training. 

23 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

And is this the only problem facing law enforcement now?  Just a hunch: there's more.  Some of them might be addressed well by community policing. 

38 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

No doubt.  And that makes sense.  But that's also not consistent with "empty the clip" training. 

And is this the only problem facing law enforcement now?  Just a hunch: there's more.  Some of them might be addressed well by community policing. 

What is “community policing” to you?