NFL officials are also opting out this year

Greg S

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hopefully that group includes the 2 guys in black shirts who came onto the field in the Houston playoff game to reverse the TD.

:angry:

16 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Idc how cheap it was, that was a Bills TD. 

Yes, it was! :censored:

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Those officials have every right to opt out but should not be welcomed back because officials that have put personal and family health on back burner to  enable millions of desperate Americans to have a diversion that is therapeutic and a god send for the mental health.

What if all these officials opted out?

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

How would it be a safety?  Bills recovered the fumble in the endzone. 

Illegal forward pass by the kick returner. He tossed the ball forward while in the endzone. That's a penalty in the endzone, therefore a safety.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Illegal forward pass by the kick returner. He tossed the ball forward while in the endzone. That's a penalty in the endzone, therefore a safety.

Decline the penalty. Then what happens? Is it a dead ball? I’m curious what the rule is there. Every explanation has been it should have been a TD

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

good question. I have no idea.

Did a quick look at rules. Couldn’t really find anything for this situation. You def can’t do a forward pass on a kickoff(unless you’re the titans) but in the endzone seems like a grey area.

I’ll look some more when I get home or hopefully someone else knows. 

either way should have been points for us lol

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Did a quick look at rules. Couldn’t really find anything for this situation. You def can’t do a forward pass on a kickoff(unless you’re the titans) but in the endzone seems like a grey area.

2 points and we get the ball. We would have won.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It was discussed ad nauseum on this board, and there is a rule. @klos63 is right... safety.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Those officials have every right to opt out but should not be welcomed back because officials that have put personal and family health on back burner to  enable millions of desperate Americans to have a diversion that is therapeutic and a god send for the mental health.

Just put down the bong and step away from the computer............everything will be clearer in the morning.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

How would it be a safety?  Bills recovered the fumble in the endzone. 

Bottom line to me was the returner caught the ball and did not take a knee.  Then he tossed it rewards the ref, who moved out of the way of it as he thought it was still a live ball.  The later decision and explanation about intent was BS.

• Like (+1) 1