86: R3P22 RB J.K. DOBBINS OHIO STATE

128: R4P22 WR K.J. HILL OHIO STATE

167: R5P21 CB TROY PRIDE JR. NOTRE DAME

188: R6P9 OT CHARLIE HECK NORTH CAROLINA

207: R6P28 LB EVAN WEAVER CALIFORNIA

239: R7P25 TYLER BASS GEORGIA SOUTHERN

I like it.

9 minutes ago, dubs said:

If the Bills trade up for a RB I’m going to puke. 

I think we're going to be safe from trading up for a RB..... Well maybe i'll grab a can just in case

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

Either Epenesa or Baun fall to us, we will be one mean defense next year. 

We will be one mean defense next year regardless.

we need to make sure our offense catches up with our D 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Either way I think you'll see them add a nice compliment to Singletary... may not necessarily come via the draft either.

I agree they won't go into training camp or the season with just Yeldon as a #2.  I just think they can find a good RB in the 4th or later (unless one of the two studs falls to them).

19 minutes ago, eball said:

I agree they won't go into training camp or the season with just Yeldon as a #2.  I just think they can find a good RB in the 4th or later (unless one of the two studs falls to them).

Don't forget we have the soccer guy too.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want the best TE in the draft. That’s the 1 position on this roster I feel we are almost nowhere at. I know Knox made a few angry runs and got people all excited, but he dropped passes left and right and was invisible for weeks at a time. This franchise has never really had a truly excellent TE. Identify the best guy in the draft and find a way to make it happen. We are set at WR and the Oline is in good shape. We do need a # 2 RB but an excellent TE puts us into elite offense territory. Make it happen please.

Is there really an over the top tight end prospect in the Draft? The kid from ND doesn´t seem to be that guy... he is good but not great.

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Curious what you guys think about DT Neville Gallimore at 54.

DT is the one position I don´t want, I feel we need playmakers especially on the other side of the ball. We just picked Oliver last year so I won´t be as excited but if he is truly BPA I´m sure I will be happy at the end. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, Swift whoever is there at 54 or Shenault.  That’s my hope 

Think you should add Pittman and Claypool to that list. Shenault, Claypool, and Akers have the best chance of being there. I love Swift, but no chance he is there without a trade up, imo and the cost would be prohibitive. We're not trading away the 3rd to move up.

40 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Don't forget we have the soccer guy too.

Nah, Wade played a sport where he could use his hands.  Good call though -- will be interesting to see what he learned in a year.

2 hours ago, billsherd said:

If Diggs is gone it will be either

Zack Baun, Linebacker/Edge, Wisconsin

OR

Laviska Shenault Junior, Wide Receiver, Colorado

I think Laviska could be the new and improved version of McKenzie, he does all this type of gadget plays, can line up everywhere on offense, runs pretty well also and with our current WRs he doesn´t need to be the no. 1 WO but will be at least our no. 2 when Brown or Beasly are gone. 

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Getting a good player? Yeah, maybe but maybe not. But surely there'll be plenty of good ones still available.

But probably 60% of those guys will underachieve expectations.

That is right the Bills never picked a 2nd round pick which over performed expectations and made Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think DL or LB in round 2

I don't see LB they signed Klein to play OLB in 7 front sets and they have Edumonds and Milano there in the nickel. I get that they might want a replacement for Milano if they feel his price for an extension is too high BUT I think that the front office is in win now mode and they would probably want a player who would have more of an impact in 2020 than a backup LB. I think the pick will be between a DE, RB, or CB. All three positions are needs and I think a good player at that position will fall to the Bills at pick 54. 

3 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I doubt we're taking a rd2 RB to backup a rd3 RB. Also PLEASE no DT in rd 2. I don't agree at all that we are too old at the position (Oliver, Phillips and the Seatlle guy we got).

DT is probably the position this team needs the least. Oliver is a future stud and behind him Phillips is young, Jefferson from Seattle should be here the next two seasons and Butler is another player with basically an option for 2021 who is in his mid 20's. The only older player at DT is Star who should still have a year or two of production left. 

I don't want a RB at 54 unless the value is insane, I would prefer a CB or DE in round 2 and then a WR in round 3 and grab a RB in round 4 and then grab another defensive depth player in round 5. This team needs to fill out the edges of depth on the roster. There isn't a glaring starting need on the team. So I would prefer no trade up situations. Just let the draft come to you and try and get 3-4 good young prospects as opposed to putting your eggs in one basket. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Getting a good player? Yeah, maybe but maybe not. But surely there'll be plenty of good ones still available.

But probably 60% of those guys will underachieve expectations.

Yeah but Beane is batting a better batting average than .400 on players picked in rounds 2 and 3 :) 

So while the group will likely see more than 60% underachieve, I have a lot of confidence in who our regime taps as the picks.  

3 hours ago, T master said:

Most all the players that were thought to be gone by the time the Bills pick came around are still on the board so there will be a good player that is coming to B/Lo tonight !! 

Every draft ever called and wants their facts back.  :nana:

Hahaha, just saying the draft never ever falls like anyones mock drafts ever.  All kinds of first round graded guys end up in the 2nd round or even later while 2nd round  graded guys will end up going in the first round.  

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I can understand CB or DE.... but man if a big time WR like Claypool is sitting there at 54 I’d love for them to pull the trigger.

I know they claim the philosophy is BPA.... but I feel like the BPA is biased towards positions they like.....somebody who plays defense and def not a WR as Beane has stated numerous times he sees it as the position with a high bust rate. He’s scared to draft them.

Yes. Our GM is scared to draft wideouts.

Don't suppose you ever stop and think about what you're typing 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I can understand CB or DE.... but man if a big time WR like Claypool is sitting there at 54 I’d love for them to pull the trigger.

I know they claim the philosophy is BPA.... but I feel like the BPA is biased towards positions they like.....somebody who plays defense and def not a WR as Beane has stated numerous times he sees it as the position with a high bust rate. He’s scared to draft them.

BPA is not literal, would you draft 5 RB's if they happened to be the highest player on your board in each round? No GM ever just drafts BPA. I think when teams say BPA they mean that they aren't going to reach for need. You aren't going to pass one of the top players on your board just because he might not fit an immediate need if the only other options at need positions are subpar values. 

I would be satisfied with a CB, DE, or WR at pick 54 and I wouldn't mind a RB if it is Dobbins or another insane value. But they can't take a DT or QB or some other position where there isn't a glaring short or long term need. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Yantha said:

I totally agree Scott, but this team has draft needs at multiple positions, and I just think that a trade up would be a mistake.  I think we need those pics!  I really want Cam Akers!!  but just hope he drops.

I think that Aker is the 6th best RB.  Swift will go to Miami and that leaves Dobbins or Taylor who might fall to the Bills.  Everybody says that Tampa is going RB. That leaves only one of the top 5 to drop to us.  There is some risk with Akers because he played with a poor line and a somewhat kinky style offense.  #54 may be too high for him and he probably won't last until #86.   As to the 4th round, remember there are an extra 10 compensation picks at the end of the 3rd round, so the 4th round starts at 107 and not 97.  That means there are 40 picks between our 3rd and 4th round picks and that many more shots for other teams who have a need for a RB to get one. 

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/3/24/21183979/buffalo-bills-2020-nfl-draft-picks-full-list-needs-mock-draft-stefon-diggs-trade

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well. The team was WR needy in last years draft and the guy didn’t draft ONE WR among a class of good ones that he passed on.... and he’s repeatedly stated WRs have the highest bust rate. So yes, I’d say he’s timid about drafting WRs. 

Last year's class wasn't that highly regarded iirc...who would you have taken instead of our picks? 

Yes, I believe we are. 

Jayson Johnson, CB, Utah

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama 

Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State 

Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State

AJ Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa

Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin 

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor 

KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State 

Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC

Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado 

D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia 

JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State

Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin 

Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama 

Grant Delpit, S, LSU 

Antoine Winfield Jr, S, Minnesota 

Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne

Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois 

Ashtyn Davis, S, California 

Josh Jones, OT, Houston 

Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn 

Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

Neville Gallimore, DL, Oklahoma 

At absolute worst, two of the above will be available at pick 54. Very likely more than that. And I didn't even list Higgins or Claypool or Bryce Hall because I hate them lol

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

Every mock I do loads decent players in 2 and 3:

AFTER round 1

Another Winfield

54: R2P22  ANTOINE WINFIELD MINNESOTA

86: R3P22  RB CAM AKERS FSU

128: R4P22  NETANE MUTI FRESNO STATE

167: R5P21 EDGE JONATHAN GARVIN MIAMI

207: R6P28 TE DALTON KEENE VIRGINIA TECH

239: R7P25 CB ESSANG BASSEY WAKE FOREST

Hey KC, we’ll match your weapons - my personal favorite

54: R2P22 RB J.K. DOBBINS OHIO STATE

86: R3P22 WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN LIBERTY

128: R4P22 EDGE JONATHAN GARVIN MIAMI

167: R5P21 HAKEEM ADENIJI KANSAS

188: R6P9 CB ESSANG BASSEY WAKE FOREST

207: R6P28 LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR.LSU

239: R7P25 DL BENITO JONES MISSISSIPPI

Kings of the big ten

54: R2P22 LB ZACK BAUN WISCONSIN

86: R3P22 RB J.K. DOBBINS OHIO STATE

128: R4P22 WR K.J. HILL OHIO STATE

167: R5P21 CB TROY PRIDE JR. NOTRE DAME

207: R6P28 LB EVAN WEAVER CALIFORNIA

239: R7P25 TYLER BASS GEORGIA SOUTHERN

Look we get 2 pass rushers

54: R2P22 DL A.J. EPENESA IOWA

86: R3P22 RB CAM AKERS FSU

128: R4P22 CB TROY PRIDE JR. NOTRE DAME

167: R5P21 EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH CHARLOTTE

207: R6P28 CB ESSANG BASSEY WAKE FOREST

239: R7P25 LB MICHAEL PINCKNEY MIAMI

Day 2 is going to be a Super Bowl building Day......

I would be thrilled with several of these and simply do not know enough players with others- I wonder if they are realistic?

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree,  BPA is always at a position of want, BPA is subjective and is an opinion based on the decision makers knowledge, experiences, and preferences. It sure wouldn’t hurt the team to take Claypool. 

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think DL or LB in round 2

Really hoping for pass rusher. That’s our biggest need. 

2 minutes ago, Acattack15 said:

Give me Cam Akers and make me a happy man tonight!

Dude is a stud and perfect compliment to Singletary. 

In Beane we trust!

I’d be happy with Taylor, Dobbins, or Akers. But I think a sack monster DE is a bigger need. Weaver is a sack monster. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

DEs - AJ, Gross-Matos

WRs - Claypool or Pittman

RBs - Taylor is my choice but the other guys are fine too

im so excited and I also realize they will pick a G or a CB. ?

You don’t think Weaver is worthy? He’s had 10 sacks a year with TFL gaining every year, all of this without a senior year. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

You don’t think Weaver is worthy? He’s had 10 sacks a year with TFL gaining every year, all of this without a senior year. 

Honestly, I haven’t seen a lot of him.  What are your thoughts?  I think we badly need another pass rusher.  The report I saw is he has below average explosiveness which is something you can get away with in college but not the pros.  But I don’t know that much about him.  Fill me in.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, I haven’t seen a lot of him.  What are your thoughts?  I think we badly need another pass rusher.  The report I saw is he has below average explosiveness which is something you can get away with in college but not the pros.  But I don’t know that much about him.  Fill me in.

Not trying to disrespect your opinion, I was just curious as to why you left Weaver out of your picks. I’m not sure where the below average explosiveness reviews are coming from, every time I’ve watched him he consistently beats his man around the outside. He has a mean bend, and doesn’t just sweep past the QB when he steps up in the pocket like a lot of DEs do. As he bends he has and uncanny ability to stick his foot in the ground for an almost 90-100 degree angle that allows him to sack an evading QB as he steps up in the pocket. Only the best pass rushers have this ability. 

I looked over the history of the 54th overall selection since the merger and it's mostly a cast of misfits with no HOFers.

There were some good players though as the best one is Anquan Boldin.

Sammy White and Simon Fletcher are others who stand out as well as Phil Hansen and Carlos Dunlap.

• Like (+1) 1