Kirk cousins says that playing without fans would be refreshing

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

If Josh had said the same thing, the thread title would be “Josh Allen shows that he’s a gamer who just wants to play anywhere, anytime, in any circumstances”.

Josh Allen played at Wyoming. Josh Allen plays in Orchard Park. Josh Allen would NEVER say that, so your "what if" statement is ludicrous.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Maybe he’ll carry himself better while throwing 26 TDs and 6 INTs again next year in an empty stadium.

He’s not a bad QB, he just seems to be missing the “it factor”. That quote isn’t a big deal, but when I see some QB’s demeanors, I feel far better about where we are as a franchise. I simply wouldn’t want to have a major investment in Cousins as the guy to bring home the Lombardi. 

21 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I read the actual full quote, and although it adds context, it can still be interpreted as Cousins saying he doesn’t care if the fans are in the stadium. He’s absolutely entitled to his opinion. Those of us who view that quote as sounding a bit arrogant/self-absorbed are also entitled to an opinion. Personally, I want to see people back out living their life everywhere, including attending football games. If Cousins is happy to not get booed, that’s cool too. 

This is much ado about nothing, 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Josh Allen played at Wyoming. Josh Allen plays in Orchard Park. Josh Allen would NEVER say that, so your "what if" statement is ludicrous.

Josh is a California boy.  He grew up there, he trains there and he chooses to make his home there in the offseason.  But don’t let that detract from your narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can understand why he would say that. I've been watching all of last season's Vikings games on Game Pass to get a bead on Diggs, and so I sort of end up retroactively rooting for them (if that makes any sense). And, I have to say, Cousins is one helluva frustrating QB. There are games where he is dead-on accurate, and his decision-making, reads, etc is really good. But, then there will be games where he's all over the field. He doesn't handle pressure well, and once he's out of the pocket, he's useless. I could well imagine that the crowds (especially when there are a lot of opposing team's fans, like when they hosted the Bills ?) would have a tendency to rattle him.

EDIT:

I can also sort of see why Diggs was so frustrated there. The play calling seemed to diminish as the season progressed, especially in regards to Diggs. Often, he would be out there only as a decoy, on very specific design plays, but the defenses would read it and only put single coverage on him. It became pretty frequent in the second half of the season where Diggs would be under single man coverage, with no chance of getting the ball thrown to him. In the last few games, you would, as often as not, see him essentially jog off the LOS.

Edited by Rocky Landing

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Josh is a California boy.  He grew up there, he trains there and he chooses to make his home there in the offseason.  But don’t let that detract from your narrative. 

Jack Kemp was from California as well and stayed in Western New York... so don't let that distract from your response to my narrative.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Jack Kemp was from California as well and stayed in Western New York... so don't let that distract from your response to my narrative.

I don’t know what Jack Kemp has to do with this.  But did he still make his home in California when he played here?

34 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

His statement, like pretty much everything else about him, was perfectly bland.  People choose to take perfectly innocuous comments and twist them into the narrative of their choice and pretend it means something, but it doesn’t.  The same people criticizing him for this would be calling him a crybaby primadonna if he said it would suck playing in empty stadiums.  

He can’t win with some people.  If you want to hate him because he’s milquetoast then go right ahead, but if what he said makes you clutch your pearls, then you’re just looking for a reason to criticize him.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Without fans you aren’t cashing those big boy checks. 

Big Boy checks come from TV rights.  Gate receipts are chump change.

The reality of course is that the vast majority of NFL fans never see a game in person anyway.

• Like (+1) 3

wow, lot's of steam being blown over this pretty innocuous comment by Cousins.  He's responding to a question about a never been seen scenario.  I guess he could have given some BS answer full of cliches etc.  He gave an honest answer that I bet a ton of players would give right now if they were quoted anonymously.

Every team has been boo'd at home at some point.  That must be pretty awesome.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2886678-vikings-kirk-cousins-says-football-without-fans-would-kind-of-be-refreshing.amp.html 

I’ve never liked this guy, I don’t blame Diggs for wanting out of Minnesota.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

BREAKING: LA Chargers trade for Kirk Cousins 

Also Thielen is traded to Bills to reunite with Diggs

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2886678-vikings-kirk-cousins-says-football-without-fans-would-kind-of-be-refreshing.amp.html 

I’ve never liked this guy, I don’t blame Diggs for wanting out of Minnesota.

Your thread title is misleading click bait.  It isn't even close to what he said.  Stop making crap threads with crap titles.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Quote mining is bad enough, taking things out of context to put words in their mouth and making it look like a quote is even worse.

Being a gullible idiot and eating it up because it fits your narrative to hate on someone is the worst.

*edit*

Forgot the dishonest and willingly ignorant, who know it is out of context and choose to use it to push their narrative anyways.

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Your thread title is misleading click bait.  It isn't even close to what he said.  Stop making crap threads with crap titles.

He's already had to be told once by a mod to stop making ***** threads.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Quote mining is bad enough, taking things out of context to put words in their mouth and making it look like a quote is even worse.

Being a gullible idiot and eating it up because it fits your narrative to hate on someone is the worst.

He's already had to be told once by a mod to stop making ***** threads.

Yet many here are eating it up regardless.....

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I read the actual full quote, and although it adds context, it can still be interpreted as Cousins saying he doesn’t care if the fans are in the stadium. He’s absolutely entitled to his opinion. Those of us who view that quote as sounding a bit arrogant/self-absorbed are also entitled to an opinion. Personally, I want to see people back out living their life everywhere, including attending football games. If Cousins is happy to not get booed, that’s cool too. 

Anything can be interpreted a hundred different ways, especially if someone has a narrative to push.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's Kirk Cousins, the QB that drives players away... it's pretty clear cut here... he's not a normal NFL QB and he's going to end up out on his ass.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Josh would have mentioned how awesome the fans are, but stated that he’s ready to play no matter what the circumstances are. I just can’t picture that quote coming from Josh in the same manner as Cousins. I love how Josh carries himself, and have never been a big fan of how Cousins carries himself. 

I guess I prefer a playoff game winning drive over how one carries himself. I have that luxury as a fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He has lots of fanboys here. 

That’s ridiculous.  Just a bunch of people pretending that he said something wrong (for whatever reason) and jumping all over him while a bunch of others point out that he didn’t actually say what he’s accused of. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I guess I prefer a playoff game winning drive over how one carries himself. I have that luxury as a fan. 

The Vikings are a really good football team. McD has worked miracles with this Bills team. The Vikings success is far more than just Cousins. Cousins is a decent QB, but I don’t think many of you would be happy with him if he were our starting QB. Watching a playoff game and looking at the stats is different than watching a guy QB every week. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s ridiculous.  Just a bunch of people pretending that he said something wrong (for whatever reason) and jumping all over him while a bunch of others point out that he didn’t actually say what he’s accused of. 

Some of us just interpret the quote as being a bit out of touch (even when the quote is read in context) I can also totally see why someone wouldn’t have an issue with it. I get that, there are far bigger issues that face football teams than a little quote like that. I understand why many people aren’t bothered by it. What I can’t understand is how some people don’t see it could also be taken the wrong way. That why I made the fanboy comment, some people are really digging deep to defend the comments. I’m not saying what he said is a huge deal, I can see both sides. 

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Some of us just interpret the quote as being a bit out of touch (even when the quote is read in context) I can also totally see why someone wouldn’t have an issue with it. I get that, there are far bigger issues that face football teams than a little quote like that. I understand why many people aren’t bothered by it. What I can’t understand is how some people don’t see it could also be taken the wrong way. That why I made the fanboy comment, some people are really digging deep to defend the comments. I’m not saying what he said is a huge deal, I can see both sides. 

Most people consider it a pretty big insult to call out people as fanboys.  It means that they are such fans of a player or team that they’re not rational about them.  Maybe you didn’t mean it that way, but that’s how it comes off.  It’s certainly not something someone call people if they thought they were being reasonable and had a reasonable take. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care about Cousins one way or another.  But by calling it "refreshing," it sounds like he's saying he would rather there be no fans in the stadium.  And that is a very odd statement indeed.  I'd be curious to see how Vikings fans are taking it.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because is feeds a narrative. 

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sure the Vikings would find not paying Kirk Cousins' contract refreshing

Really? Cos they just extended him so.....

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, teef said:

this thing is a mess.  almost turned into a josh allen thread too.  gross.

***** you man! Josh Allen would never say something like that. Where do you come off pointing fingers at such a fine young man? You should be ashamed of yourself.  ***** pathetic.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

***** you man! Josh Allen would never say something like that. Where do you come off pointing fingers at such a fine young man? You should be ashamed of yourself.  ***** pathetic.

i'm being allen shamed!