Easier playoff route?

The Red King

KC jumping NE might have opened a slightly easier playoff road for us.  We start at Houston and cannot meet NE until the Championship game.  The Titans, should they make it, match well with NE.  Should they topple NE a Bills win then sends them to KC instead of Baltimore, an (imho) far more winable game.  Hell, a Bills win and a Titans upset over Baltimore and the Bills could even host the Championship game.  Unlikely, of course, but any way you slice it I think our path to the Super Bowl looks a lot nicer then it did before KC leapfrogged NE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I believe it worked out in our favor. In addition, with the Pats*** losing, they have a MUCH harder slog to get to four in a row. ? 

So wish we played better against them last week. Fitz came through for us. 

Fitz exposed their weakness for sure

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

True.  Just play them as they come.

I feel that beating Houston is very important to the progression of this program under Beane and McDermott.  A win would say a lot about this team.  

Yup, People forget that Houston beat NE and KC this year. 

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

KC jumping NE might have opened a slightly easier playoff road for us.  We start at Houston and cannot meet NE until the Championship game.  The Titans, should they make it, match well with NE.  Should they topple NE a Bills win then sends them to KC instead of Baltimore, an (imho) far more winable game.  Hell, a Bills win and a Titans upset over Baltimore and the Bills could even host the Championship game.  Unlikely, of course, but any way you slice it I think our path to the Super Bowl looks a lot nicer then it did before KC leapfrogged NE.

Psychologically it it could be a benefit if they don’t have to play the patricheats

The best path...at Houston, at KC, host Seed #6.

We need to win a playoff game this year.

Then next year it helps us get free agents, we need to get back to the postseason again and take out shot at unseating NE again. I truly believe Brady is leaving NE or the NFL after this season or next so it’s time we start becoming the bully in our division. 

Losing in the first playoff game just suggests, maybe incorrectly, that we were a product of our schedule and may remove some of the credibility/belief we need to have a great year next year. 

A better path simply because we just watched Brady and Bill and Gilmore lay an egg and blow a huge home game to a mediocre team.

The fins dont suck, and when Fitz is hot he's hot, but the real joy is seeing failure from Mr "i think i'll play til i'm 45 because look at my special keto diet and amazing workouts nobody else in the world could do unless they were me or Gisele"

Titans and Vrabel are gonna beat them and say goodbye to #12 forever.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I would like to play the team that can't beat the Dolphins at home. 

Picking NFL games in that manner is a fools errand. Different players, different matchups, different coaches. 

3 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I think we can beat Houston in Houston. 
we have some good matchups with them. 
I see Texans as 4 point favorites. 

I’ll say it opens HOU -6

Call me crazy but I think @KC is a more difficult game than @Balt. 

Bills played Baltimore offense really well last time and with a 2nd game I think they’ll improve on that performance vs. an offense that counts on being a one of a kind entity.

I don’t trust the Bills to be able to shut down that KC offense or the Bills’ offense

to be able to keep up.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 3

I assume nothing and wrote my initial post carefully.  It's got to be one game at a time.  That being said, it doesn't hurt to think about what lays beyond should the Bills win.  Things look a little more viable now.  NE didn't get a chance to rest this week and lost their bye week.  They're going to be worn, something they're not used to in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I think we can beat Houston in Houston. 
we have some good matchups with them. 
I see Texans as 4 point favorites. 

Our offense will have to step up we can’t just count on defense to hold Houston under 17 points,,, 

GO BILLS let’s kick some jopa !!!!

The team that wins the Super Bowl will be the team that is the best team, not the team with some hypothetical "easiest path".  Who we play in what order does not matter. 

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Our offense will have to step up we can’t just count on defense to hold Houston under 17 points,,, 

GO BILLS let’s kick some jopa !!!!

The defense will have to get off the field and not let the other team have 10 minute drives to give offense a chance. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MDH said:

Bills played Baltimore offense really well last time and with a 2nd game I think they’ll improve on that performance can an offense that counts on being a one of a kind entity.

I don’t trust the Bills to be able to shut down that KC offense or the Bills’ offense

to be able to keep up.

You make good points, and additionally the Chiefs have been holding opponents in the last several games to low point totals, so their defense is much better now than in the beginning of their season.  Neither team is an easier path.  As much as I want us to win in Houston, if so, it is hard for me to wrap my arms around beating either team.

It would be fun to watch the Titans ram it down the Pats throat, and they do have a solid defense.

20 minutes ago, MDH said:

Bills played Baltimore offense really well last time and with a 2nd game I think they’ll improve on that performance vs. an offense that counts on being a one of a kind entity.

to be able to keep up.

I think there is something to this. I might prefer this also   

• Like (+1) 1

I will say that I think that @Hou might be an easier game than hosting TN if Fuller is out for Hou. 

The TN running game plus the way Tanneyhill is playing plus that TN defense seems like a much harder task.

Just now, MDH said:

I will say that I think that @Hou might be an easier game than hosting TN if Fuller is out for Hou. 

The TN running game plus the way Tanneyhill is playing plus that TN defense seems like a much harder task.

Vrabel a miracle worker with Tannehill.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

Or Gase doesn’t know wtf he’s doing.

Tannehill was already a dissapointment when Gase got to Miami.

Gase had the Jets finish 6-2 over the second half of the season--the best finish of any AFCE team.  Not bad for an "awful" team.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Tannehill was already a dissapointment when Gase got to Miami.

Gase had the Jets finish 6-2 over the second half of the season--the best finish of any AFCE team.  Not bad for an "awful" team.

Tannelhill was a converted WR that was always going to be a project. He was never going to have an immediate impact.

Jets’ offense struggled vs a Bills’ D that had  2-3 starters on the field for most of the game. Darnold had 2 INTs dropped and another called back on a penalty that didn’t effect the play. Game offense ftw!

Gase is a guy I want to be with the Jets for as long as possible.

I’m not sure what he’s ever done that would

lead you to believe he’s a good coach.

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Tannelhill was a converted WR that was always going to be a project. He was never going to have an immediate impact.

Jets’ offense struggled vs a Bills’ D that had  2-3 starters on the field for most of the game. Darnold had 2 INTs dropped and another called back on a penalty that didn’t effect the play. Game offense ftw!

Gase is a guy I want to be with the Jets for as long as possible.

I’m not sure what he’s ever done that would

lead you to believe he’s a good coach.

Not sure....because I didn't say he was a good coach.  I simply said that Tannehill was a mediocrity for several years before Gase arrived.  So..not simply Gase.

Also, last week a few posters spend hours saying the Jets were simply awful….yet they had a better record over the second have of the season than Miami,  Buffalo or NE. 

Not bad, right?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure....because I didn't say he was a good coach.  I simply said that Tannehill was a mediocrity for several years before Gase arrived.  So..not simply Gase.

Also, last week a few posters spend hours saying the Jets were simply awful….yet they had a better record over the second have of the season than Miami,  Buffalo or NE. 

Not bad, right?

Winning games when you’re already out of it isn’t exactly impressive. They couldn’t win games when it mattered.

The Jets were the first team in NFL history to give two teams their first win of the season after week 7.

Not exactly impressive after their slow

start.

And fair enough, you didn’t say he was a good coach. I never want to put words

in another poster’s mouth. My apologies. 

Edited by MDH

15 hours ago, MDH said:

to be able to keep up.

Agreed, I think KC is the worst matchup for us.

Edited by Manther