Ed Oliver reacts to first snowfall

YoloinOhio

Hope Ed bought a real big 4WD truck and not a faux AWD/pseudo 4 WD runt.

.......especially not for his family members here when up from Texas.

There's few Texas winter conditions comparable to driving here when it's bad.

Edited by I am the egg man

Nothing tops Roscoe Parish’s first ever encounter with snow. He had literally never experienced know in person as a Florida native and in his rookie year he parked his car one late November or early December evening at his Orchard Park condo complex. When he awoke the next morning, the entire area was blanketed with snow and his car was buried. He was literally afraid to go outside in it. He had to be picked up by a Bills employee in a 4x4 in order to get to practice. I compare that to Marquise Goodwin reveling in it and I have to chuckle. 

Edited by K-9
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Someone get Ed a coat! (Ahem)

They had a piece on his draft process where they asked him how he felt about the Buffalo weather and he deadpanned "Y'all got any coats?"

7 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Is there snow in the forcast for tomorrow's game??

Chance of snow tapering off this am.

Partly cloudy and high 30s for game time.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently last night in orchard park 

Oliver lives up by Chestnut Ridge (I know this only because the purchase price for his home recently was published in either the Buffalo News or the Buffalo Law Journal).  It snowed heavily by the Ridge last night, but most of it didn't stick.  Where I am near the village (and the stadium) the rain turned to snow around 10p, and we have some snow on the grass this morning.  It probably will melt as soon as the sun peeks through, meaning that the field might be a bit slick today and, for those going to the game, the seats will be wet. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Ha! I now live in North Carolina and that is exactly how it is at the THREAT of a snowflake :lol:

We get the same reaction to rain in Los Angeles. The news actually goes on ‘storm watch’. It’s both hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Ha! I now live in North Carolina and that is exactly how it is at the THREAT of a snowflake :lol:

I’ll never understand that. My primary residence is in VA on the north side of Kerr Reservoir... the way I can cruise 15 minutes and everyone’s driving disposition changes from “just pop the truck into 4x4” to “OMFG! Buy all the bread and milk!” It’s hilarious.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Oliver lives up by Chestnut Ridge (I know this only because the purchase price for his home recently was published in either the Buffalo News or the Buffalo Law Journal).  It snowed heavily by the Ridge last night, but most of it didn't stick.  Where I am near the village (and the stadium) the rain turned to snow around 10p, and we have some snow on the grass this morning.  It probably will melt as soon as the sun peeks through, meaning that the field might be a bit slick today and, for those going to the game, the seats will be wet. 

$$$ house? Horse farm?

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Socks with sandals? C'mon, man.

Those aren't sandals when you're south of the Mason Dixon. We call them slides and they're usually just a vessel for your socked feet pre or post basketball shoes/cleats.