The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

12 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Cleveland probably makes the playoffs ahead of Buffalo:  We have beaten 3 teams with a collective 1-8 record - from behind yesterday.

when you are reduced to playing for a WC spot week 1 for 20 years, it puts a tiny crimp in getting to the playoffs.

Browns may get in with a 7-9 record the way things are going in their division

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Aww i'll use small words for you.  All Pro Tackle retired from Browns.. Browns did not replace him... Mayfield is now running for his life.  AKA all the talent around him means nothing if he has no time! 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nah I had it on accidentally...  and typing fast while working.. make a lot of mistakes lol

No reason to.   How about you DOUBLE CHECK your post before you use BIG words and muck the entire joke up.  

8 minutes ago, NC Book said:

I feel bad for Browns fans (kinda). But that's also one less team in the WC hunt, if they don't get it together. One that was expected to be there. 

Don't. I live with a bunch of them here and most were planning super bowl parades and calling Josh Allen uncle Rico all offseason. I'm totally eating this Mayfield regression stuff up to the fullest extent 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Cleveland probably makes the playoffs ahead of Buffalo:  We have beaten 3 teams with a collective 1-8 record - from behind yesterday.

So has NE and  Dallas and the 49ers AND practically KC 2 of 3 games. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

tell me what proved they were going to go 11-5 this season?

2018 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 8 1                                              
2017 NFL Cleveland Browns 0 16 0                                              
2016 NFL Cleveland Browns 1 15 0                                              
2015 NFL Cleveland Browns 3 13 0                                              
2014 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0                                              
2013 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0                                              
2012 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0                                              
2011 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0                                              
2010 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0                                              
2009 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0                                              

poster_06066c64c3224842add9fcd5a857917e.

Ye of little faith

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

The only team the Browns have beat is 0-3.  The only team the Titans beat was the Browns and they destroyed them.  

Now the Browns have the Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks and Patriots in their next 4.

So yes, it absolutely makes sense Cleveland makes it ahead of Buffalo....clearly.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Either you have a history of winning and being that guy for your team, or you don’t,” said Mayfield

Did he mean to make Bills fans feel better about drafting Josh Allen? Because that's how you make Bills fans feel better about drafting Josh Allen.

6 hours ago, eball said:

By losing two of their first three they've put themselves in a real tough spot...four of the next five are on the road (@BAL, @SF, SEA, @NE***, @DEN).  By the time they catch a "break" playing the Broncos they might already be out of it at 1-6.  Wow.

But they are SuperBowl contenders and the Bills will be picking top 10 in the draft.  Just ask the media.

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN 

3) Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen as the top-10 pick making a Year 2 leap?

Am I allowed to mention that Allen has completed 64.1 percent of his passes this season? Meanwhile, Mayfield -- the 2018 rookie QB praised for his accuracy and ball placement -- is down at 56.9. On Sunday, Allen survived a little slop and was tough and clutch when it mattered most, allowing the Bills to hit 3-0. Mayfield and the Browns -- the offseason hype kings of this past summer -- are struggling out the gate, sitting at 1-2.

Now, in fairness to Baker, a lot of Cleveland's struggles are directly tied to first-year head coach Freddie Kitchens. I loathed this hire, a shotgun marriage if there ever was one. No way John Dorsey had Kitchens on his short list when he took over as GM. And Sunday night's play-calling debacle in a 20-13 home loss to the Rams shows why. A draw on fourth-and 9? Four straight passes from the 4-yard line in Los Angeles' game-ending goal-line stand? This was coaching malpractice.

But Mayfield continued to display questionable pocket presence. Yes, his offensive line is quite suspect, but he didn't even give them a chance on a number of plays, routinely darting outside of his protection prematurely. And Mayfield's 3:5 TD-to-INT ratio is concerning.

Allen's still raw, but he's making the throws (and runs) necessary to win games. Isn't that what it's all about? Gimme the cannon-armed playmaker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058378/article/trust-questions-patrick-mahomes-or-tom-brady-pack-or-boys

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

poster_06066c64c3224842add9fcd5a857917e.

Ye of little faith

LIVE GUESTS as 2 other teams play in SB LIV 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

i watched the game, they duct-taped Terry to a board and stretchered him off, think they dropped him a few times on the way out of the stadium

And there I’m getting the visual of Homer Simpson trying to skateboard jump Springfield Gorge.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, eball said:

By losing two of their first three they've put themselves in a real tough spot...four of the next five are on the road (@BAL, @SF, SEA, @NE***, @DEN).  By the time they catch a "break" playing the Broncos they might already be out of it at 1-6.  Wow.

What the....

Going into the season you expected them to lose to the Rams.  They could have easily split their first two games.

Those first 3 they can win

New England they lose

Baltimore is overrated.

they are still in this division race and that is all that matters,  they win next week they are tied for 1st.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

And there I’m getting the visual of Homer Simpson trying to skateboard jump Springfield Gorge.  ?

when they strapped him to the helicopter like a stranded moose for release?

and he kept getting bumped on trees and mountains?  good stuff!

i think the Ayatollah Khomeini fell out of his coffin 3 times during the funeral parade through the streets, stopped counting after that.

when a 300 pounder was hurt in the 70s, Houston O-lineman, they had to use a forklift to lift him to get him out of there, on a board....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

What the....

Going into the season you expected them to lose to the Rams.  They could have easily split their first two games.

New England they lose

Baltimore is overrated.

they are still in this division race and that is all that matters,  they win next week they are tied for 1st.

Hey man, I'm just stating facts.  Starting the season 0-2 at home is no way for a "contender" to perform.  Talk to me about Baltimore after next week.

I mean, Gregg Williams is the reason that team got turned around. I didn't see any reason to dump him and promote Kitchens. Should've kept the staff exactly the way it was honestly. They were picking up steam last year and ended up being a .500 team essentially. Stupid not to keep riding that train with so many young guys on the team.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

the Browns have shown NOTHING worthy of being a playoff contender

for generations

oh please Jinxed... tell me what proved they were going to go 11-5 this season?

2018 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 8 1                                              
2017 NFL Cleveland Browns 0 16 0                                              
2016 NFL Cleveland Browns 1 15 0                                              
2015 NFL Cleveland Browns 3 13 0                                              
2014 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0                                              
2013 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0                                              
2012 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0                                              
2011 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0                                              
2010 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0                                              
2009 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0                                              

@Bal

@SF

SEA

bye

@NE

@den

BUF

PIT

MIA

@PIT

@AZ

BAL

@Cin

They are 1-2 now they have 6 winnable games.  That puts them at 7. they split Baltimore for 8.

Cleveland has a very good defense so they can win at SF and they can bear NE and SEA.  Winning 2 of them gives them 10.

All that matters is winning the division.

I see playing at Cleveland not an easy winn game. Its one of the toss ups on Bills schedule.

Buffalo is 3-0 now.

they have 5 winnable games, 3 possibly lose (2 NE, Dallas) then if the remaining 5 hthey go 2-3 that gives them 10 wins. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns/Jets are a perfect example of what I've been saying.

You can't build a TEAM by just going out and picking up a handful of stars in trades/free agency (Odell Beckham, Le'Veon Bell).

You need a cohesive vision - starting with the front office, working together with the coaching staff and then trickling down into the locker room.  You need consistently solid drafting, and strong depth across the entire roster.  And you need a culture that ties everything together.  Talent is absolutely important.  But it's very rare to see 1-2 guys (especially ones known for being me-first) to carry the other 51 guys alone.

The Bills approach may be slower to yield results.  But eventually, I think what Beane/McDermott are building will transform this franchise from a consistent loser into a consistent contender.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

@Bal

@SF

SEA

bye

@NE

@den

BUF

PIT

MIA

@PIT

@AZ

BAL

@Cin

They are 1-2 now they have 6 winnable games.  That puts them at 7. they split Baltimore for 8.

Cleveland has a very good defense so they can win at SF and they can bear NE and SEA.  Winning 2 of them gives them 10.

All that matters is winning the division.

I see playing at Cleveland not an easy winn game. Its one of the toss ups on Bills schedule.

Buffalo is 3-0 now.

they have 5 winnable games, 3 possibly lose (2 NE, Dallas) then if the remaining 5 hthey go 2-3 that gives them 10 wins. 

The Browns have one of the worst o lines in the NFL. No games are gimmies when you have that problem. The Steelers will most likely beat them once too and a couple other games they should win on paper. Maybe next time they should hire a competent coach like Jimmy Bathrooms or Johnny Pantry.

31 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

The Browns have one of the worst o lines in the NFL. No games are gimmies when you have that problem. The Steelers will most likely beat them once too and a couple other games they should win on paper. Maybe next time they should hire a competent coach like Jimmy Bathrooms or Johnny Pantry.

maybe one of the weakest divisions in the NFL this year, yay for winning it and getting massacred at home on wild card weekend.

Edited by row_33

43 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

You can't build a TEAM by just going out and picking up a handful of stars in trades/free agency (Odell Beckham, Le'Veon Bell).

You need a cohesive vision - starting with the front office, working together with the coaching staff and then trickling down into the locker room.  You need consistently solid drafting, and strong depth across the entire roster.  And you need a culture that ties everything together.  Talent is absolutely important.  But it's very rare to see 1-2 guys (especially ones known for being me-first) to carry the other 51 guys alone.

The Bills approach may be slower to yield results.  But eventually, I think what Beane/McDermott are building will transform this franchise from a consistent loser into a consistent contender.  

Yeah, this is what's up. The Jets were off-season darlings because they added Mosley and Bell, but I was like, "Uh, they hired a guy who can't lead a pack of first graders to safety during a fire drill, let alone a pro football team." Browns got hype for winning five of their last seven games to close out 2018 and the OBJ trade pushed them into the "contender" conversation, but again, coaching. Kitchens definitely seems way in over his head right now. Undisciplined with all the penalties and Kitchens has never been in a situation before where he has to try and manage so many egos. 

People bag on the culture stuff constantly, but it's true. You need to have everyone on the same page working for the same things. The route they're going is more sustainable, I think. 

Edited by blacklabel

10 hours ago, eball said:

I remember looking at the schedule and thinking it was going to be really tough for Cleveland to win the division.  The one saving grace is that they can beat Pittsburgh and Cincy to get 4 wins and they will play Miami so a playoff spot is not out of the question

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

what did you think of the Rams approach? 

4 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Rams had been getting high 1st round picks for years, accumulating talent while Jeff Fisher undercoached them.  McVay didn't come in and trade for a lot of stars or sign a lot of high-priced free agents.  He had his QB, RB, and DT stud already on the roster.

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

What the....

New England they lose

Baltimore is overrated.

Not really. Many people expected something similar to when the Rams went to Chicago last year in a night game and the Bears shut down the Rams offense and pulled out the win. Goff has a reputation for not being as good on the road. The Browns D did enough, that offense needs to be able to score more than 20 pts at home. 

Otherwise I said the same thing - beat the Ravens and the whole season turns around. I am not certain they will though. 

the have a good morning show on the fan 92.3...today they were in calm down people were gonna be fine

does anyone believe in Buffalo at 3-0 ?....both hosts ---   No, god no

I'd love to see the Browns finish 4-12, this we 've arrived bull crap - you haven't done anything and if the Jets had a descent qb when you played them you likely lose that one too

1 minute ago, CardinalScotts said:

the have a good morning show on the fan 92.3...today they were in calm down people were gonna be fine

I'd love to see the Browns finish 4-12, this we 've arrived bull crap - you haven't done anything and if the Jets had a descent qb when you played them you likely lose that one too

I love 92.3 the fan especially Bull and Fox 2-7

15 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan.  I'm skeptical if their approach is built for long-term and consistent success.

Go back about 4-5 seasons.  Similar to the Bills, the Rams were a perpetual 7-9 and 6-10 team without a Quarterback to get them over the hump.

Unlike the Bills, they had two cornerstone pieces on offense (Todd Gurley) and defense (Aaron Donald) to build around.

So instead of totally deconstructing their roster, the Rams kept the majority of their team intact.  To get the QB, they mortgaged much of their 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 drafts to trade-up and land Jared Goff.  With the extra cap space available from having a QB on his first contract, they have also been able to trade/sign numerous veterans.

The problem is, Goff just signed an extension for $134 million.  They recently handed big contracts to both Gurley and Donald.  They will soon be faced with really tough salary cap decisions, and won't have the space to sign everyone.  Once that happens, the holes on the roster will need to be filled by younger players.  And I'm not sure their draft classes from the past 4 seasons are up to the task.

9 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan.  I'm skeptical if their approach is built for long-term and consistent success.

Go back about 4-5 seasons.  Similar to the Bills, the Rams were a perpetual 7-9 and 6-10 team without a Quarterback to get them over the hump.

Unlike the Bills, they had two cornerstone pieces on offense (Todd Gurley) and defense (Aaron Donald) to build around.

So instead of totally deconstructing their roster, the Rams kept the majority of their team intact.  To get the QB, they mortgaged much of their 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 drafts to trade-up and land Jared Goff.  With the extra cap space available from having a QB on his first contract, they have also been able to trade/sign numerous veterans.

The problem is, Goff just signed an extension for $134 million.  They recently handed big contracts to both Gurley and Donald.  They will soon be faced with really tough salary cap decisions, and won't have the space to sign everyone.  Once that happens, the holes on the roster will need to be filled by younger players.  And I'm not sure their draft classes from the past 4 seasons are up to the task.

I agree, but they are also well coached. I think they'll be fine. Goff, however, will never be an elite QB. But he's good enough to help his team win games.

16 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

They beat the Jets by 20 points. It's "likely" they lose, huh?