Wyatt Teller traded to Browns

aristocrat

Nice!  Best wishes to Teller, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't making the team anyway, and it's not a bad return for an unproven player.  A 5th and a 6th next year for Teller and a 2021 7th.

It's also very encouraging from a team talent standpoint that we actually have guys with trade value who aren't good enough to make the team.

EDIT:  Teams usually keep 8 or 9 O-linemen.  These are locks:

1. Dawkins
  2. Spain
  3. Morse
  4. Ford
  5. Nsekhe
  6. Feliciano
  7. Long

That leaves 1 or 2 spots, and one of those pretty much has to be a guy who can play OT, which Teller doesn't.  So I'd have been surprised but not shocked if he made the final cut.

Edited by Cash
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

A 7th 2 years from now but yeah 

Yeah. It is a good trade. Got a 5th and 6th next year for a player buried on depth chart (was drafted for a 5th). 

So so we got better value than where he was drafted. And he wasn’t making the team so smart Trade. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And a Pick. We also gave a 2021 7th. 

I wonder if it was our own or the one we got from the Newhouse trade

Just now, TPS said:

Will be interesting to see who they keep now on OL?  Boetger?

Maybe; depends on where they see Bates playing.

Im surprised by this because I think we need O-line depth but Im even more surprised at Beane's ability to trade guys for value far exceeding what I expect. McCarron, Tyrod, Glenn(although this one was more even), now Teller

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I liked Teller, too. But the fact is that he had fallen on the depth chart and was no lock to make this roster anyway.

It's possible they just flipped someone who was going to be cut for a 5th round pick.

Another way of looking at it is that he originally COST the Bills a 5th round pick, so they've recouped what they spent on him and swapped a 7th in two years for a 6th next year in the process.