Wyatt Teller traded to Browns

aristocrat

Just now, MAJBobby said:

There is 5. 

Add in Dawkins Nsekhe Bates you are at 8. What if they are only keeping 8?  

Also Think Boettger is the 9th

Certainly possible they go with 8 and use the spot elsewhere--I keep thinking they will keep someone else for ST.  If they go with 9, I think it has to be someone who can play OT.

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

Think some more trades are to come before Saturday for sure. Let’s go Bean!!!

Would like to know what teams are desperate for a backup center.

Bodine is the perfect trade to that team.

I so want the Bills to get something back for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He wasn’t making the team. So isn’t getting two picks for him better than nothing?

Yes, if I felt he wasn’t making the team, but I felt he was.  Last year as a rookie he was a bright spot at the end of the year.  I liked Teller over Spain.

i think this means they might see Ford as a Guard.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

More than likely, the pick we get for this trade who turn out to be nothing but at least it's better than just outright cutting him.  

As a fan base, we might have overrated Teller.  H started the last 6 games for us and the FO made it a priority to sign interior lineman.  Teller obviously didn't impress the coaching staff enough.

Well it is a 5th round pick and a 6th. What happens if they turn into say a Darryl Williams or Sweeney in the future?

2 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Either Boettger or McDermott probably.

That or maybe they're just keeping 8 OL?  I can only think he wasn't making the team, period.

Edited by Doc

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Two draft picks for Wyatt Teller? What is this sorcery. The guy was getting cut. 

Indeed it is. Trader Beane at it again. IF we’re as good this year as many believe, we won’t be in a position to Draft a DE or WR early when they seem to be front runners for best players. That’s 2 positions we all agree we could use upgrades. Throwing in our 2nd Rounder with our 1st to sweeten a move up into top 15 is easier when we have additional 5 & 6. Beaner loves those Rounds.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Certainly possible they go with 8 and use the spot elsewhere--I keep thinking they will keep someone else for ST.  If they go with 9, I think it has to be someone who can play OT.

Ford. When Boettgher goes inside. The 9th OL if they keep is inactive on game day anyway. 

2 minutes ago, frogger said:

Yes, if I felt he wasn’t making the team, but I felt he was.  Last year as a rookie he was a bright spot at the end of the year.  I liked Teller over Spain.

i think this means they might see Ford as a Guard.

And then what did they do in the offseason went out and overhauled the interior of the OL?  He wasn’t making the team. 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When Spain went down, it was Boettger who went in and not Teller.  We just got draft picks for a 3rd string guard who we were going to cut.  Why are people complaining?

I’ve always said I liked him more than most people, apparently that includes our FO. But what do I know? I’ll just trust them on this and be glad we got something for what seems would have been nothing. Hard to hate that! Who knows how those picks get used to move around in the draft? Could come in VERY handy. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

There is 5. 

Add in Dawkins Nsekhe Bates you are at 8. What if they are only keeping 8?  

Also Think Boettger is the 9th

Maybe with all the position flexibility of the remaining players, they they think they can keep 8 vs 9, and use the roster spot elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1