Who to draft on Day 2

2 minutes ago, Nostradumbass said:

Greedy Williams, too many good WR's are still on the board

I agree.  I would love to have two shut down corners.  After all, this is a pass happy league.  let's shut that down.  And then I wouldn't mind trading back into the 2nd round if we needed to grab a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I agree.  I would love to have two shut down corners.  After all, this is a pass happy league.  let's shut that down.  And then I wouldn't mind trading back into the 2nd round if we needed to grab a WR.

It's a pass-happy league and we can't pass. go get the WR.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

We are fine at CB.  Looking for a WR or TE.  But there will be some good CBs available, that’s for sure.

How are we fine at CB?  I would say we are more fine at WR. 

The TE I want is in round 3 Josh Oliver (going to be a STUD)

Just now, MAJBobby said:

EJ Gaines is there until he gets hurt and we have  Kevin Johnson, Taron Johnson, Ryan Lewis, Levi Wallace. A ton of young CBs already on the roster. One will step up. We're far from fine at WR. We have 2 career journeymen, one former UDFA that had flashes, and a former 2nd round pick that appears on his way out. There's not a dominant presence among them.

3 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I don't think it's as high of a priority as it was prior to the off season.  The WR corps we have now is hands down upgraded from last year. 

Barely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

EJ Gaines is there until he gets hurt and we have  Kevin Johnson, Taron Johnson, Ryan Lewis, Levi Wallace. A ton of young CBs already on the roster. One will step up. We're far from fine at WR. We have 2 career journeymen, one former UDFA that had flashes, and a former 2nd round pick that appears on his way out. There's not a dominant presence among them.

Barely.

So we have Gaines (will be hurt). Kevin Johnson (hasn’t been healthy). Then a bunch of NBs. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So we have Gaines (will be hurt). Kevin Johnson (hasn’t been healthy). Then a bunch of NBs. 

I thought they all played well in spot duty last year. Lewis had some big plays. You can always get serviceable DBs in FA. We need *special*  talent ont he offensive side of the ball if we're going to make any sort of leap. We need to stop talking about LeSean McCoy like he's Lesean McCoy and Frank Gore may as well be John Doe at this point in his career. Unless we have legitimate game breaking threats, we really don't stand a chance against teams that can score at will.

• Like (+1) 1

There are easy 12 to 16 very good players remaining.  Any of them start next year.  Buffalo is in the perfect spot.  I could see a trade up for an extra 4th but maybe only a few spots.  They can get a top 3 position TE,  OT, CB, or Wr at 40.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I thought they all played well in spot duty last year. Lewis had some big plays. You can always get serviceable DBs in FA. We need *special*  talent ont he offensive side of the ball if we're going to make any sort of leap. We need to stop talking about LeSean McCoy like he's Lesean McCoy and Frank Gore may as well be John Doe at this point in his career. Unless we have legitimate game breaking threats, we really don't stand a chance against teams that can score at will.

I am not disagreeing. However Keeping true to the board. I added Greedy. Heck can add the other CBs there too. 

Though I think there will be a run on those CBs early. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think we are good with Gaines and Wallace. And McDermott can find good CBs in round 4.  Agree that rd 3 is good spot for TE.  I would love it if we could land Metcalf or Campbell.

Just now, mannc said:

I think we are good with Gaines and Wallace. And McDermott can find good CBs in round 4.  Agree that rd 3 is good spot for TE.  I would love it if we could land Metcalf or Campbell.

I think we will have a choice at WRs actually. Why? We have 7 picks to get to our spot. 

I think AZ goes OL - Protect their new QB 

Indy - might take one of the WRs actually

Raiders - watch Lock go here 

San Fran - DB

Jags OL

Bucs - CB

I'm assuming Taylor and Ford will be gone and I'm not really crazy about Metcalf or Greedy Williams. The guys I like in the 2nd round are OL Risner ,  S  Chauncy-Gardiner Johnson and  S Nasir Adderley. In the 3rd I'm looking at TE Jace Sternberger and RB David Montgomery.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think we will have a choice at WRs actually. Why? We have 7 picks to get to our spot. 

I think AZ goes OL - Protect their new QB 

Indy - might take one of the WRs actually

Raiders - watch Lock go here 

San Fran - DB

Jags OL

Bucs - CB

San Fran's #1 WR is Marquise Goodwin. I'm thinking they'd like an upgrade there. That goes double for the Jags.

Edited by BullBuchanan

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The fact the DK has fallen this far is insane. He have to move up to get him. I don't see how the pats took the guy they did.

I remember seeing him in the second round towards the end of the season. Sometimes guys get blown up by the media but to the guys doing the drafting there has been no change in where the player is rated. 

AJ Brown 

Hakeem Butler 

Jaylon Ferguson 

Cody Ford

Greedy Williams

Byron Murphy

Rock Ya Sin

Dalton Risner

Jawaan Taylor

Chauncy Gardner Johnson

Taylor Rapp

DK Metcalf

Kelvin Harmon

I’d be good with any of these players. The safeties are last on my lost tho. 

If they think they need a tackle, seems to be a dropoff after Taylor, Risner, Little but there’s some depth. A lot of depth at WR.  TE doesn’t seem as deep but the remaining don’t have the grades (NFL.com) of some of the top remaining at T and WR.

Having the 8th pick of the 2nd round, if the top talent at WR and T have been taken, best pick could be a TE.

Of the teams picking before the Bills, none seem to have the highest priority at WR but I guess Arizona could add a weapon for Murray. They would seem to more need O-linemen to help protect him.  Jacksonville might take a TE for Foles.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

I remember seeing him in the second round towards the end of the season. Sometimes guys get blown up by the media but to the guys doing the drafting there has been no change in where the player is rated. 

That could be, but from an athletic standpoint, he's probably the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. If teams were willing to teach Antonio Gates football from scratch, I have to believe you'd find a way to do what you needed to do to get this kid to destroy everything in his path. Maybe there's a flag on him other than his college production, but I think you have to try. I sure wouldn't fault Beane if a kid like that doesn't pan out. You can't coach what he has.

2nd round seems like the perfect time for a WR.

I predict they take either a CB or a Safety. Brandon Beane said "you guys don't believe me, but I'm gonna take the best player available". Well, right now, there's tremendous value sitting out there at S and CB. He'll either get some serious competition for Levi Wallace or he'll get a guy at safety that will allow him to finally run his Big Nickel package.

And to those who say we have too many corners already (and I was in this camp recently):I don't necessarily agree. They'll probably keep 5 corners, right?

White
Wallace
Johnson
Draftee
Gaines vs Johnson for roster spot.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That could be, but from an athletic standpoint, he's probably the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. If teams were willing to teach Antonio Gates football from scratch, I have to believe you'd find a way to do what you needed to do to get this kid to destroy everything in his path. Maybe there's a flag on him other than his college production, but I think you have to try. I sure wouldn't fault Beane if a kid like that doesn't pan out. You can't coach what he has.

Fair point, I would be good with giving him a shot at this point.

Edited by brianb386

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Now that Day 1 is over, who would you all like to see fall to us on Day 2? If this is already being discussed, please merge.

I'm thinking either

1)  J. Taylor

2)  DK

3)  Greedy

Dalton Risner for culture, Taylor for need, and B. Murphy for scheme fit.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

A low key great pick. Greedy Williams (Best Cover CB in class). CB2 finally answered. 

Grabby Williams? Dude lacks toughness as well. Doesn't seem like a McDermott pick. 

Byron Murphy is the corner to target 

Edited by DJB