Who to draft on Day 2

Foster was a walk on and there is too much talent at WR/TE at pick 40. If they take Risner or any OL that would essentially mean we have 12 players battling for 3 Oline spots assuming Dawkins and Morse are locked to start. I think they go O-Line in round 3.

The experts have been saying it for months.  The 2nd Round of this draft is going to produce the most value of the entire class.

Over the next 20-25 picks, there will still be several players available who could have gone in the 1st Round.  After that is when the drop in talent will occur.

Our best move was not trading back up into the 1st Round.  Our best move will likely be to trade back up into the middle/end of the 2nd Round.

That's the beauty of what Brandon Beane accomplished in free agency, and us being fortunate to land Ed Oliver at #9. 

We don't have ANY desperate needs anywhere on the roster.  Sure there are positions we all would like to add another body.  Some may prefer one position over another (and you can see the arguments all over this board).  But nothing we should be sweating about addressing immediately.

We can stay put and land one of the better WRs in this draft.  Or a very good O-Lineman.  Or one of the Top 3 TEs.  Or possibly the best CB in this class.  Don't get desperate.  Just let someone fall to you.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Ed Oliver was both the best remaining player at 9 and a guy that filled our biggest need. The next pick now becomes almost impossible to predict now. We could get a CB or TE or WR or DE or OT or Interior OL. I'd be fine with any of those choices. We still need to address the pass rush, but all of those positions could use an upgrade. Even LB, at least for depth and ST, but I'd rather wait. RB is another likely choice, but probably not at 40.

Daboll coached Irv Smith too. That could factor in.

Edited by GreggTX

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

DT was our biggest need?

Have you seen our WR/TE?

:lol:

I think DT and TE were our biggest needs as bringing in immediate starters. Once Hock was gone I wouldn’t have taken the next best TE, Fant, at 9. Oliver was BPA and also fills the opening at 3tech. I think it’s a no brainer. I would like a TE in the 2nd. If WR is their BPA at 40 that’s good too, I think they really like Metcalf. Biggest remaining need, to me, is TE. But I’m not big on TE in the 1st so today is a good time to take one. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think DT and TE were our biggest needs as bringing in immediate starters. Once Hock was gone I wouldn’t have taken the next best TE, Fant, at 9. Oliver was BPA and also fills the opening at 3tech. I think it’s a no brainer. I would like a TE in the 2nd. If WR is their BPA at 40 that’s good too, I think they really like Metcalf. Biggest remaining need, to me, is TE. But I’m not big on TE in the 1st so today is a good time to take one. 

Well, the BPA people would tell you that if a CB is the BPA, you take him. I think that would be a mistake. It's ok. I understand it's a difference in philosophy

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, the BPA people would tell you that if a CB is the BPA, you take him. I think that would be a mistake. It's ok. I understand it's a difference in philosophy

If Byron Murphy is there at 40 I think the Bills would have a tough time passing on him. Not to say I would - I am jonesing for offense too

• Like (+1) 1