Bills internal discussions about Trey Flowers - DE

MAJBobby

I'm told there have been some level of discussions within the #Bills on impending FA DE Trey Flowers. Gathering of opinions, was the tone conveyed at this point. Other potential targets that peaked interest in similar discussions, are mired in a tag situation.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I'm told there have been some level of discussions within the #Bills on impending FA DE Trey Flowers. Gathering of opinions, was the tone conveyed at this point. Other potential targets that peaked interest in similar discussions, are mired in a tag situation.

This does not support the title of the thread.

• Like (+1) 2

Excellent player.   Great against the run and much better rushing the passer than his 7.5 sacks suggest.   He is a process guy, great work ethic, Good production, only 25 and improving each year.

He is one of PFF's top ranked edge defenders and he's versatile that can stack up anywhere on the line.

Would love to have him and if we could get him for somewhere around $14 Mill a year, I'd be happy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

Excellent player.   Great against the run and much better rushing the passer than his 7.5 sacks suggest.   He is a process guy, great work ethic, Good production, only 25 and improving each year.

He is one of PFF's top ranked edge defenders and he's versatile that can stack up anywhere on the line.

Would love to have him and if we could get him for somewhere around $14 Mill a year, I'd be happy.

Unfortunately the combination of the importance of the pass rusher position and the very thin FA market will drive up his cost. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately the combination of the importance of the pass rusher position and the very thin FA market will drive up his cost. 

I just saw what you posted.  The Bills have money to spend and getting a top 10 DE (which is what I believe him to be) is somewhere you spend money on.

I would be ok even if the Bills went to somewhere around $16M a year.

Just now, Magox said:

I just saw what you posted.  The Bills have money to spend and getting a top 10 DE (which is what I believe him to be) is somewhere you spend money on.

I would be ok even if the Bills went to somewhere around $16M a year.

Definitely. They have to spend the money somewhere. If they get turned down by the free agent OL then I’m all for giving big money to Flowers

I think the Bills were ready to spend mega bucks on Clowney or Clark, but both got franchised.

As such, they're sniffing around Flowers, who isn't NEARLY the same level of player.

If his deal winds up being as big as anticipated, I hope the Bills stay away. 

No need to spend funny money on a guy whose career high season in sacks was 7.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Ok, I will play along.

Trey Flowers and Darryl Williams, then be done with it.

Go bargain basement hunting after that.

We'd still have 35-40 mil after giving those two big contracts.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ugh!  Please stay away from Cheaters players.  They never do anything once they leave the Cheaters.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Their defensive players seem to do ok

"Ok" is not good enough.

Remember when we signed Mark Anderson? :death:

17 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

IDK, 18M+ a year is a ton of money, especially if he gets complacent.

You can say that about every high priced guy.  So now we are going to complain if they pay that price?

cry when they don’t sign anyone...

cry when they do cause it was too much money..

this is place is unbelievable sometimes 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would rather draft one but this position is a huge need, especially after this season 

Spot on, spend the $$$ on OL (they usually take a couple seasons to develop and draft pass rushers - this is a great draft for it)

25 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Mark Anderson 2.0

It could end up going that bad............but I will say this.......part of the attraction to Flowers is probably his versatility.

Going into year 3 of this defense Lorax talked about getting increasingly sophisticated and Flowers can play a good all-around LDE but can also move inside and play some DT or drop in coverage.

That said...........I hope they aren't having "internal discussions' on players NOW..........that should have happened weeks ago.    It's go-time if you are looking for a choice UFA.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1