Report: Browns looking to deal Guard Kevin Zeitler

DJB

17 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s a lot of money for a Guard.  3 years $32m left on his deal.  And have to give up a draft pick?  He better be All Pro level for that.  

C'mon brother,we've been watching sub-par football for too darn long now.We saved money for things like this to happen....talent,talent and more talent.I want the division this year...it's time for a new AFC East king.

11 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Does this look like a man who uses an umbrella? 

Image result for kevin zeitler wet

Hell no!!!! Ha!

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Browns fans think if he gets traded will be for a player not a pick...

Give them Zay .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think I'd rather try to sign Saffold for that type of money. 

Zeitler is way better and younger than Saffold. Third rounder is the sweet part of the draft where guys that were borderline late 1s and 2s can be had. I hate to give Cleveland that juicy of a pick.

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was on a cruise with him 3 years ago. That makes him a yes for me!!

did you sit at the Captain's table with him?

image.jpeg.8fbc8e28ff778ac1025511d4c7f1a3e2.jpeg

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Zeitler is way better and younger than Saffold. Third rounder is the sweet part of the draft where guys that were borderline late 1s and 2s can be had. I hate to give Cleveland that juicy of a pick.

There is about 20 months difference between them..

Think they get Saffold a little cheaper...

I would prefer Saffold and keep the 3rd round pick...

Edited by Aussie Joe

Depending on the asking price, this is a move I could get behind.

I just posted a message in the "Tyrell Williams thread" - stating how it's OK to overpay in Free Agency, as long as you are wise in picking your spots.

In my opinion, this would be a much smarter place to use cap space.

I would rather pay $10 million per year for a Top 5 Guard, than $12 million for a WR that has been buried on the depth chart .

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They might be a bit disappointed.. they are expecting OBJ...

Well...that changes things.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

There is about 20 months difference between them..

Think they get Saffold a little cheaper...

I would prefer Saffold and keep the 3rd round pick...

4th and Zeitler doesn't have a zipper on his knee.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

4th and Zeitler doesn't have a zipper on his knee.

Don't think Saffold has  missed many games the past three years.. zipper or not...

If you can get that done  for Zeitler then sign me up....

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think I'd rather try to sign Saffold for that type of money. 

I like Saffold

but isnt this guy much younger?   And is a VERY good OG.

Is it just me or does this off season have a feel like it could fall out very well for us?   We have 10 draft picks....a ton of cap space....most of our players under contract.....franchise QB has been secured.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I understand he has a big contract, but at the end of the day, what are the odds we get a player with that much talent in the third round?  We have the space, this is not a terrible way to use it. 

Also perfect timing.  3 years left I believe, right before this regimes big contracts start becoming a priority. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I like Saffold

Is it just me or does this off season have a feel like it could fall out very well for us?   We have 10 draft picks....a ton of cap space....most of our players under contract.....franchise QB has been secured.

He’s younger but not that much. He’s 28. I’m not super concerned with age on the OL. Guys all over the league playing at very high levels in their 30s

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I like Saffold

There is less then two years between them... I don't really consider that much difference age wise...

Like your optimism... if they can get two decent guys for the OL during FA I will be happy.... don't think that's asking too much is it?

26 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

. if they can get two decent guys for the OL during FA I will be happy.... don't think that's asking too much is it?

Williams appears to be a lock,why not hit up both G AND C? If it costs 25 million this year to get it done..so what. With the draft..have at your TE from the Midwest and the best flanker in the second...third round=BPA or a pass rusher..or a Alexander upgrade.IMO ,those are the major parts of the puzzle.

P.S.- Beane is going to spend 50 m or so this spring and summer,we just can't wrap our heads around that yet.

Let the good times roll.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

To be fair to them.. I think they are saying Zeitler + Pick 17 = OBJ...

I’m hearing that the package of players and picks is more complex than that.  Not sure if it happens or not though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3rd rounder for Zeitler.  We need some savvy vets on offensive line(and WR).  Zeitler would help seal the interior- where a lot of plays were getting blown up.  If we want to reestablish the running game(and keep Josh in one piece) we must improve the offensive line, and not with Ducasse and the other subpar budget bargains we have been fond of.  

and if we are all hurt about losing a draft pick(after gaining a quality starter)- trade back from 9 and add additional picks

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

New regime drafted Austin Corbett in 2nd rd last year. He can replace him. Originally they were playing him at LT but they signed Greg Robinson so that’s Corbett’s job now. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I wanted Saffold, he is 31 and Zeitler is 28.  It would be a shrewd move, and I know I’m a broken record but Paradis at 26 would round us out with Juwain Taylor at LT.  We would go from a weakness to significant strength.  Running game gets better, passing gets better, more holes for Allen, Shady, and so on.

Bring it baby.  Investing real $ for excellent O Lineman who have time to be here for awhile is a great investment.  Get one of those stud TE’s in the draft, and we’re back in the game.

Be still my heart !

Including that particular starting TE  earlier or even early , in the draft would be a serious game changer for the Bills Daboll Allen etc.
I have mentioned before this is where I would spend my money. adding another steady TE in FA as well.

If Browns are parting with him ?  Bills need to be in the bidding game

I like your enthusiasm in this matter. and it could be accomplished.

: )

Go Beane ! 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Williams appears to be a lock,why not hit up both G AND C? If it costs 25 million this year to get it done..so what. With the draft..have at your TE from the Midwest and the best flanker in the second...third round=BPA or a pass rusher..or a Alexander upgrade.IMO ,those are the major parts of the puzzle.

P.S.- Beane is going to spend 50 m or so this spring and summer,we just can't wrap our heads around that yet.

Let the good times roll.

Let  em roll : )
good fun this offseason. got to spend it somewhere anyways.
and all those picks.
Being  a Bills Fan over a many years. It is frightening . The potential that this offseason has.
probably screw it up and reach for a CB. Or Kyler Murray. and he goes and plays baseball realizing he was drafted by the Bills

Go Bills.

nice post Mister !

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I wanted Saffold, he is 31 and Zeitler is 28.  It would be a shrewd move, and I know I’m a broken record but Paradis at 26 would round us out with Juwain Taylor at LT.  We would go from a weakness to significant strength.  Running game gets better, passing gets better, more holes for Allen, Shady, and so on.

Bring it baby.  Investing real $ for excellent O Lineman who have time to be here for awhile is a great investment.  Get one of those stud TE’s in the draft, and we’re back in the game.

Morse is 26.  Paradis is 29.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’d see him in the gym all of the time and on the pool deck. He wasn’t as wild as when Moorman was on the cruise. Brian Moorman partied hard!! 

Sounds like a process kind of guy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

2nd rounder to them without question.

I would not consider trading the Bills 2nd round pick for a $12M/year OG.  There will be good OL prospects early in round 2 and they will be MUCH cheaper.  Now, for sure, a draft pick won’t have the proven NFL track record that Zeitler has.

• Like (+1) 1