Daniel jeremiah top 50 prospects #1

DJB

20 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

There are no experts when it comes to mock drafts, just educated guesses. Many "so called" experts whiff on their mocks every year. Passing on a Top DT or LT @9 for a 5'8" 165 pound WR will have many of us puking in our mouths.

Just for clarity, this isn’t a mock draft. It’s a big board. He’s listing his top 50 prospects. Conversely, his mock draft had the Bills taking OL Jawaan Taylor at 9. Here he thinks Marquise Brown is the 9th best player in this draft. Just a very important distinction when discussing this. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just for clarity, this isn’t a mock draft. It’s a big board. He’s listing his top 50 prospects. Conversely, his mock draft had the Bills taking OL Jawaan Taylor at 9. Here he thinks Marquise Brown is the 9th best player in this draft. Just a very important distinction when discussing this. 

Thanks for the clarification Yolo.

But just like mocks, big boards are opinions and educated guesses. So in your opinion do you think M. Brown is the 9th best prospect?  

I have a significantly different top 15 from DJ. We only have 7 in common. Interesting. 

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

So in your opinion do you think M. Brown is the 9th best prospect?  

Personally I think he is a 2nd round talent. Wouldn't surprise me if he was picked in the back end of the 1st.... but top 10 personally I think would be bonkers. 

I am a passive-at-best NCAA watcher, but it seems like it would excellent if Ed Oliver happens to fall to 9. Before last season, he was projected to be a top 2 pick. I believe he got banged up during the season? Also Houston not a juggernaut by any means. 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a significantly different top 15 from DJ. We only have 7 in common. Interesting. 

Personally I think he is a 2nd round talent. Wouldn't surprise me if he was picked in the back end of the 1st.... but top 10 personally I think would be bonkers. 

I agree. To me he's the 3rd best prospect WR behind Metcalf and Harry and only if your looking for a smallish speedster type.

7 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I think at 9. Realistically 

Rashan Gary

Devin White

Jeffrey Simmons

Ed Oliver

I honestly think after the senior bowl this week you may see Dalton Risner name a lot more.  Let’s just say I curious to see what he does.

I’m sure he’ll be plugged in a Guard and Center this week. Some reads say he’s super smart and processes everything quickly that he may be best a Center.

But I want a trade down to 15 with Washington and grab TJ Hockenson.

I like the idea of trading down but I'd nab an OT/OG instead of Hockenson. As I'm not sure that a rookie TE can make as much as an impact as a rookie lineman. I'm also one that like to see us try and land TE C.J. Uzomah as an UFA. 

Edited by The Jokeman

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Re: Greedy.... he mentioned a few weeks ago that there aren’t any “Marshon Lattimores or Denzel Wards in this draft.” So he doesn’t see him in that category, not surprised he’s not in top 15

Who is M Williams? I assume typo just not sure who you are referring to 

Edited to show Marquise  Brown . Under the weather  atm lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Thanks for the clarification Yolo.

But just like mocks, big boards are opinions and educated guesses. So in your opinion do you think M. Brown is the 9th best prospect?  

No idea. DJ watches copious amounts of film all year. I do not, and don’t know how to. He is one of the most qualified draft analysts in the media, I do know that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

My bold prediction.  Haskins / Murray / Lock are all off the board by the time we pick.  (note, I did not say "pick 9").

Boy, by the time you get 2-3 QB’s pushed up the board, there should be some quality talent available to us (whether it be at #9 or a little later). 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Boy, by the time you get 2-3 QB’s pushed up the board, there should be some quality talent available to us (whether it be at #9 or a little later). 

Absolutely, and that's the exciting thing.  We could potentially move down to 15 and still get a "top 10" talent if we are willing to draft BPA vs "need".

Lock seems to have the rocket booster attached to his draft stock so far in the Senior Bowl media buzz.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s AB’s cousin ... could help his stock having the good bloodlines. I saw that game too - Big 12 championship? Didn’t have a great playoff either but i think he was playing hurt there too. He did look fantastic when healthy. 

Having AB in his ear makes me VERY nervous.  It's one thing to get the attitude with the talent of potentially the best WR in the league, it's quite something else when a guy walks into the league with that attitude.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

He's an NFL analyst after being a scout for the Ravens and Eagles, he's one of the few talking heads that I think truly evaluates vs just reading off some spreadsheet someone else made. 

How do his mocks do?

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What does Daniel Jeremiah do for a living?

He worked in scouting and personnel.  He works in broadcasting on the NFL network now.  He is considered by many to know what he is doing and has a lot of contacts in the league.  His assessments of draft talent are probably as good as anyone's this early in the process.

My boy Josh Jacobs checking in really high.  I’m right there with Jeremiah.  He’s by far and away the best rb in this draft imo.  He does it all, hasn’t been used up in college and has done nothing but make himself into a top talent.  Sign me up.  I’d be ok if we traded down a couple times and used our first pick on him based on the player we’d be getting.  Not the biggest need, but he could be BPA

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

My bold prediction.  Haskins / Murray / Lock are all off the board by the time we pick.  (note, I did not say "pick 9").

I fully expect Murray to be a 2nd Round pick, unless the Patriots take a chance on him with their 1st, so I hope you're wrong as I want to drop to the teens and/or early twenties.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I like the idea of trading down but I'd nab an OT/OG instead of Hockenson. As I'm not sure that a rookie TE can make as much as an impact as a rookie lineman. I'm also one that like to see us try and land TE C.J. Uzomah as an UFA. 

I see the Bills filling the need for OL in FA. There’s a ton of solid talent in FA on the OL. I’m not saying don’t grab OL in the draft. But TJ Hockenson is a once decade type player. He’s Jason Witten the size of Gronk.

I see the Bills grabbing 3x OL in FA and 1 in the draft. I’d focus on BPA in the draft. I’m not sold on any OT in the top 20.  Jonah Williams is said to most likely be interior OG in the NFL, Dillard is a great pass blocker but is sub par run blocker out of the PAC12, Jawaan Taylor is a RT who looks solid at times back looks terrible at times and again a RT.  Risner is intriguing to me. Almost 6’5 310 lbs, 34.5 inch arms and said to be able to play any position except LT. I see them plugging him in at C and excelling. They say he’s smart and processes defenses quickly. 

FA will tell the story. 

But I think going OL heavy in FA, knowing you’re investing in men who have played well in the league to protect your franchise QB is where you should spend your money.

Grab Josh some weapons in the draft. Hockenson, Josh Jacobs, Hakeem Butler/Preston Williams/Riley Ridley etc

gotta grab a couple DL DT/DE the draft as well as a OLB. A D’Andre Walker OLB Georgia/Ben Banogu TCU to be a Lorax replacement.

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My boy Josh Jacobs checking in really high.  I’m right there with Jeremiah.  He’s by far and away the best rb in this draft imo.  He does it all, hasn’t been used up in college and has done nothing but make himself into a top talent.  Sign me up.  I’d be ok if we traded down a couple times and used our first pick on him based on the player we’d be getting.  Not the biggest need, but he could be BPA

I like Josh as well. I don’t know if he’ll go top 10, but he won’t last past 20.

Every team could use a Josh Jacobs for sure, but so teams may pass cause they technically fell good at RB and can fill a hole with equal talent on defense in the top 10. Plus knowing next year has like 4 legit round 1 RBs and probably 3 more in round 2 they can possibly wait.

But Josh knowing our offense with a RB over 30 makes him more attractive. Bills could swap with Denver still get more picks and grab Jacobs at 10.

there will be a run on QBs. I could even see Denver swapping picks with us cause the Denver, Bengals, Dolphins, Redskins and Minnesota all may looking to move up and grab Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Will Grier.... they aren’t going to sit and see who falls to them knowing picks 10, 11, 13, 15, 18 may grab a QB.

27 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I fully expect Murray to be a 2nd Round pick, unless the Patriots take a chance on him with their 1st, so I hope you're wrong as I want to drop to the teens and/or early twenties.

Murray will go top half of round 1 if he proves he's committed to football 100%.  Enough scouts all saying that's the case and Jacksonville / NYG / Denver / Miami / Washington are all on the QB market at  a minimum.  

13 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Seeing D.K. creep closer and closer to the Top 10 in most Big Boards I follow is not making me happy...?

Honestly...Right now...I'm just hoping he lasts till #9...

I'm afraid he's going to go to the Combine and completely blow the lid off the place...

It's still early in the process, and I reserve the right to change my mind...But as of 1/22 I want Metcalf in Red, White, and Blue...?

It's still very early, but as of right now I think I would be okay with Metcalf at 9 if he is moving up the boards that much.  I was kind of hoping the Bills might be able to trade back and still pick him up but it's becoming clear that that was wishful thinking.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I like b i s running but have not seen his receiving skills.  Any feedback?

25 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Murray will go top half of round 1 if he proves he's committed to football 100%.  Enough scouts all saying that's the case and Jacksonville / NYG / Denver / Miami / Washington are all on the QB market at  a minimum.  

And measures tall enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Re: Greedy.... he mentioned a few weeks ago that there aren’t any “Marshon Lattimores or Denzel Wards in this draft.” So he doesn’t see him in that category, not surprised he’s not in top 15

This is the season where everyone is lying. 

16 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Nah. You take the best player. Offense or Defense.

I wouldn’t take a SLB or safety if they were the BPA. I’d trade down or I’d take the next best player at a position other than SLB or S

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would DJ lie? He does his own film study. That was what his comment (and big board) was based on.  Not what anyone told him. 

For some unknown reason, I got this thread mixed up with the Senior Bowl thread and thought that’s what Beane said about Greedy. Don’t mind me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If he measures in below 6 foot he's not going to be a 1st Round pick unless a team with an aging vet takes a chance on him. 

Does anyone feel a lot more relaxed during the build-up to this draft? Last year I was obsessed with the idea of them getting a QB. Now that we've got that piece out of the way (if you believe, like me, that Allen is a good'un) I feel like this one will be more fun 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Seeing D.K. creep closer and closer to the Top 10 in most Big Boards I follow is not making me happy...?

I'm afraid he's going to go to the Combine and completely blow the lid off the place...

It's still early in the process, and I reserve the right to change my mind...But as of 1/22 I want Metcalf in Red, White, and Blue...?

Here is my take on drafting WR and QB. You have to draft them because quality ones simply dont ever become available at free agency time. 

We drafted our QB last year and it has worked out, now we need to draft a WR high if we think he can be a #1. Otherwise who we getting in free agency?  Crabtree?  Way too old. 

Good oline and d line are usually available come free agency . Not WR. 

If we think DK is a potential stud #1 you draft him. Fill the oline and other needs through free agency 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

It's still very early, but as of right now I think I would be okay with Metcalf at 9 if he is moving up the boards that much.  I was kind of hoping the Bills might be able to trade back and still pick him up but it's becoming clear that that was wishful thinking.  

I was listening to the Locked On NFL Draft Podcast the other day...They Mocked D.K. to Buffalo...Ledyard and Sikkema were talking about what a physical freak Metcalf is...They were just raving about his physical abilities...

Like I said...I'm just worried he goes to the Combine and works his way up into the Top 8 talk...He did crazy good things on the field too when he got the chance...But in that Ole Miss Offense the chances were VERY limited...?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I would be happy with Dillard or Metcalf if we don’t trade down.

19 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I was listening to the Locked On NFL Draft Podcast the other day...They Mocked D.K. to Buffalo...Ledyard and Sikkema were talking about what a physical freak Metcalf is...They were just raving about his physical abilities...

Like I said...I'm just worried he goes to the Combine and works his way up into the Top 8 talk...He did crazy good things on the field too when he got the chance...But in that Ole Miss Offense the chances were VERY limited...?

He will have a Calvin Johnson type combine. He is a freak.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Does anyone feel a lot more relaxed during the build-up to this draft? Last year I was obsessed with the idea of them getting a QB. Now that we've got that piece out of the way (if you believe, like me, that Allen is a good'un) I feel like this one will be more fun 

I definitely feel that way. As hopeful as I am, I’m not 100% sold on Allen yet, but I’m VERY encouraged and we don’t have to worry about it this draft regardless. Have a few QB’s pushed up the board and let the studs drop to us at #9 or a little later with a bonus prize. There should be some quality options available. 

Having said that, if we can draft again like last year, THAT is EXCITING. We don’t have to just rely on the first couple rounds to find real players. 

• Like (+1) 1