Daniel jeremiah top 50 prospects #1

DJB

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Having said that, if we can draft again like last year, THAT is EXCITING. We don’t have to just rely on the first couple rounds to find real players. 

Yeah, I certainly feel that way about defensive players because they've found some gems in the later rounds. McDermott seems to have a good instinct for knowing which guys will do well in his system.

If they can do the same with offensive players I'll be as happy as Harvey Weinstein in an audition room full of women.

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, I certainly feel that way about defensive players because they've found some gems in the later rounds. McDermott seems to have a good instinct for knowing which guys will do well in his system.

If they can do the same with offensive players I'll be as happy as Harvey Weinstein in an audition room full of women.

I’m afraid we do not have a proper emoji for this......    

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hollywood Brown should not be 9. Maybe 15-20? Love to get him if we somehow trade down.

Yeah. I wouldn't like the pick at 9. I would love to trade down, but that's easier said than done and we may go OL. As much as I'd love to see him on the Bills, it's likely he'll end up going somewhere between our first and second pick.

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How do his mocks do?

I think he is bad at mocks as he goes more by his ratings and not always listening to reports on what teams like who etc.

2 hours ago, billspro said:

I would be happy with Dillard or Metcalf if we don’t trade down.

He will have a Calvin Johnson type combine. He is a freak.

As long as he runs faster than Laquon Treadwell...

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, DJB said:

A few of my thoughts :

- The usual  mocked OT in Little and J Williams aren't even the top 2 tackles with J Williams  projected as guard.

- Greedy Williams way down the list

- Jacobs has been getting  buzz but in the top 10 is interesting .  

- Simmonds  is  not a name we see often but ranked top 10.

- I love Hockenson  and see why he's ranked so high .  A complete TE that can block and catch passes .  An old school throw back. Might be an interesting  pick as not only could  help  the oline but also catch passes and stretch the field for Allen

-Marquise Brown  a polorizing  player . Big upside but he's so small

- DK  ranked high is excellent  for us. He would  be higher if it were not for injury concerns

Former NFL  scout now works for NFL  network  

Daniel Jeramiah gives bad evaluations and shows why he is no longer employed by an NFL team.  That is what he does for a living.

Pretty much what he has been saying all year.  He loves Jacobs but personally I dont see enough explosiveness or production to be a top 10 player.  Chubb was more productive in a similar timeshare was more explosive and wasnt picked til 33.  

I keep reading essentially this, and wonder how he stays top 10. I admit I’ve seen VERY little film on him, but I’m a big fan of production. 

Gary is a freak. He has a unique blend of size, speed, explosiveness and power. Unfortunately, it doesn't always translate to production”

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I keep reading essentially this, and wonder how he stays top 10. I admit I’ve seen VERY little film on him, but I’m a big fan of production. 

Gary is a freak. He has a unique blend of size, speed, explosiveness and power. Unfortunately, it doesn't always translate to production”

I guess I’m not sure what metrics they use there but in terms of sacks, their defense didn’t have him rush the passer much. He cleared the way for Winovich a lot and sometimes came off the field in obvious passing situations. He rushed more than Oliver, but still not in a situation like say Josh Allen or nick Bosa. That said, Bosa played in a deep rotation and didn’t even start until last year when he only Played 2.5 games. Also, back to Gary, the Michigan defense blitzes a ton with LBs and hybrid safeties. The DL doesn’t have as much opportunity for sack stats as some others like osu who rarely blitzed like that and rather use the Rushmen package. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/22/2019 at 11:24 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just don’t know now, nor have I ever understood how people feel this way. That’s how you end up with C.J. Spiller in the top 10 even though you already have Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. It doesn’t make the team any better.  If the best player at 9 is a QB, are you taking him? How about if it’s a safety? There is a balance here. The defense is done. Leave it alone. Start fixing the unit that is incredibly void of talent. Adding to the defense at this point will not make us better. Fixing the offense is what we need to do. We probably can use any position on offense except for a QB. We need everything. There should not be a defensive player taken in the first 4 rounds of this draft.

But the team had holes.  The strongest position on the team was Rb.  They had a Hall of Famer, and a probable wall of fame.  They picked a scat back and traded the Hall of Famer for a bag of nerf footballs.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just don’t know now, nor have I ever understood how people feel this way. That’s how you end up with C.J. Spiller in the top 10 even though you already have Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. It doesn’t make the team any better.  If the best player at 9 is a QB, are you taking him? How about if it’s a safety? There is a balance here. The defense is done. Leave it alone. Start fixing the unit that is incredibly void of talent. Adding to the defense at this point will not make us better. Fixing the offense is what we need to do. We probably can use any position on offense except for a QB. We need everything. There should not be a defensive player taken in the first 4 rounds of this draft.

I agree with the somewhat convoluted argument about BPA. You take BPA @ position of need. As far as no defensive players in the first 4 picks I'd also agree if it wasn't for Kyle retiring.  I'm not willing to had the keys over to Star & Phillip's. Oliver would fill that huge hole. The tragedy is Dareus should still be here playing at a high level if he wasn't such a slug.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:43 PM, DJB said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

Top 15

1. Nick Bosa DE

2. Quinnen  Williams  DT

3. Josh Allen LB

4. Rashan  Gary DE

5. Jeffrey  Simmonds  DT

6. Josh Jacobs  RB

7. Christian  Wilkins DT

8. Ed Oliver DT  

9. Marquise  Brown WR

10. Devin White LB

11. D k  metcalf  WR

12. Andre Dillard OT

13. Jawaan  Taylor OT

14. TJ Hockenson  TE

15. Dwayne  Hoskins QB

Pretty good chance we are looking  at the newest member  of the Bills in that top 15 unless we move back. 

He must have his years mixed up.  He has our Josh Allen as the 3rd highest rated prospect. Allen was drafted in 2018....duh!   

If the board fell like that, I am almost positive Beane will trade down(Bosa, Allen, Williams, Oliver, Gary, Wilkins all gone).  White will be very tempting.  We do not need OL after FA, and with Foster, Beasley, Brown, Zay, and Andre-WR is fairly set, maybe add another later(great value at WR in rounds 3-5).  If board fell like this, hopefully a team trades up for QB and overpays.  I foresee a trade down,  and drafting Jaylon Ferguson for pressure, and trading back up for a TE (and/or Simmons or Tillery)

Edited by Pete