Sunday NFC Wild Card: Eagles at Bears 4:40 NBC

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Success said:

I always feel for kickers in those situations.  I know that’s their job, but it can be the loneliest job in the world sometimes.

It has to be the worst job to have, that's an amazing amount of stress and pressure

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Eagles made the right call calling for a timeout to ice the kicker.  He made the kick but it made him more nervous.

It made him think about it more.  I think he shouldn't have taken the practice shot.  Don't make yourself make it twice.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

How crazy for Nagy. He helped coax Foles back to football, plus had the chance to pick his opponent last week by resting guys in the 2nd half vs MIN ( a team he knew he could beat) instead of getting the Eagles with Foles. Pretty wild twist of fate. 

And meanwhile Harbaugh kept Flacco nailed to the bench. Different strokes for different folks.

23 minutes ago, Flynox said:

The Kick was blocked slightly, icing him did nothing.

Maybe, but look at the consternation on Parkey’s face  and watch him shake his head when what amounted to his “ practice kick” went through. It looked as though he was thinking  “ oh no, I have to kick this again “. If anyone managed to get a finger on that ball , it was ever so slight. It just looked like he pushed it left, it wasn’t short as if it were blocked. Kickers are a funny lot, and some guys do actually psych themselves out. Taking that TO might not be the right move vs every K, but the fact he had hit the uprights 10 times this season ( 2nd most in the league) wasn’t lost on Pederson. Yogi Berra once said “ 90 % of the game is half mental “ . Or something like that. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Actually if you want to place blame look at the Bears' offense. You expect to win games if you only give up 16 points. Doesn't change the fact that a kicker who had a below average year failed at a game winning kick that, while certainly not a gimme by any stretch was still not a lengthy prayer.

I was more thinking that the Bears offense took the lead by 5 points in the 4th, and 2 stops by the D grounds them Eagles.

The Bears won 3 games this season scoring 14, 15, and 16 points, so 25% of their win total goes bye-bye if they “only give up 16 points”.

Come to think of it, that would still have won them the division, but would it have changed what team they played?  Might have been good for them

10 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Not necessarily.  Even the Saints had a couple clunkers this season.

Its a playoff game in the Saints dome where they rarely lose.    They also don't have an anemic offense like the Bears.  Chances are that they will blow the doors off Philly.  But hey maybe Foles and his package will have some magic left .

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Do what it takes to sign Golden Tate in the off season. Dude is clutch and brings something that is lacking with our WR core. 

He certainly made a couple clutch plays, but I thought overall he looks a little broken down.

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He certainly made a couple clutch plays, but I thought overall he looks a little broken down.

I think he still got a few good years left in him. Hard to come to a team mid season and gel while learning new offense. He is a good run blocker and we could use that physical presence on this team. Grab a player like Hollywood brown in the 2nd and I like our WR group. We can then focus on upgrading the TE position.

Edited by billieve420