Bills Assistant Coach Termination Watch Update: Crickets at OBD

Nextmanup

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:
6 hours ago, hemma said:

Hire Vance Joseph for DBs.

No way someone goes from HC to anything lower than a coordinator. 

Make him assistant head coach as well.  That is how Marrone got job in Jacksonville - Assistant head coach & offensive line coach.

With al, the guys getting fired, a good special teams guy has to shake loose. Keith Armstrong of the Falcons who was big for Devin Hester. Then there is Brant Boyer of the Jets if he shakes loose. 

I really hope Leslie Frazier gets a head coaching job and Steve Wilks winds up here. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With al, the guys getting fired, a good special teams guy has to shake loose. Keith Armstrong of the Falcons who was big for Devin Hester. Then there is Brant Boyer of the Jets if he shakes loose. 

I really hope Leslie Frazier gets a head coaching job and Steve Wilks winds up here. 

With Lesile age, Bills would be wise to bring Wilks in as his succession plan.  Wilks DC, Frazier "consultant".  Maybe McDermott wouldn't need to spend so much time with defense this way.

Take a page from Reid's playbook with Childress and Nagy.

• Like (+1) 1

Watch Chris Brown's twitter feed over the next few days.  Usually you can read the tea leaves - if he tirelessly defends someone, and then all of a sudden goes silent, or throws someone under the bus, then the end is near.

7 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Is the three days going to make the difference?  

The man is meticulous.  Let him do his thing.  

Not acting quick is pretty much how we ended up with Dennison in the first place, Sean needs to get his feet out of the mud. Replacements need to be made of the ST and OL coach, two wonderfully underperforming units.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When you are the GM and HC of the bills you can do this on YOUR time frame sir

:)

Actually, I was thinking of being a future owner; once Terry's natty gas wells dry up, he's done.  HCs and GMs are for suckers.  ?

ST performed poorly all year but is it the coaching or the players he was given?

cant remember a year with such poor punting ,blocks ,penalties and mental breakdowns on ST

OL coaching needs to be looked at 

looks like Allen is absorbing his QB , and veteran assistance coaching

10 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Not acting quick is pretty much how we ended up with Dennison in the first place, Sean needs to get his feet out of the mud. Replacements need to be made of the ST and OL coach, two wonderfully underperforming units.

There is literally no evidence or that. In fact, just the contrary, while it is true we lost out on others, we were a part of those conversations. We didn’t lose out on anyone for not acting quick enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I dont cheer for any grown man to lose his ability to feed his family. Karma...

I get what you're saying here, but look at it with some perspective. This isn't exactly a a rust-belt autoworker being laid off. 

Guys who make it to league and want to work in a high stakes business know the potential glory and defeats of the job. 

With their failures or firings, guys like Castillo could pick up work in no time. 

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

This regime takes its time on everything.  Which I think is a good thing.  They gather all the available information and dont make decisions with out going through a thorough process.

It sucks sometimes but I think in most cases it will help in making sure the best option is chosen.

I understand what you mean, but I'm quite sure that if McDermott is actually going to fire a member of his staff, he has known that for a while now.

It won't be the result of some committee meeting on Wednesday.  It will be the result of hundreds of things over a long period of time.

57 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I believe most NFL coaching contracts are guarenteed. They still get their check. Also more times then not they find another job and actually make out quite well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

True.  The buyout to Wrecks should enable him to keep Rob in groceries until 2021...if he’s careful.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
It was ‘2022’...
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Didn't take the Falcons too long to fire their OC, DC, and SpT coordinators - they fired all three today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006547/article/falcons-fire-oc-steve-sarkisian-two-other-assistants

I think that’s because while not blazing hot yet, there’s a definite smoldering under Quinn’s seat, enough so that he probably wanted to make a quick statement splash for ownership’s benefit...a bit knee jerk but they definitely disappointed “bigly” this year. 

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Stale joke about "The Process" - check.

Stale joke about watching the tape - check.

Three pages and nobody mentioned clapping. Wow - you guys are slipping.

Maybe it’s ‘new year’s resolutions’ kicking in re: ??

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

This is a business, they dont care, not should they, how you will feel or feed your family after your canned by them, this isnt a charity. If the did good at their job they wouldn't have to worry. These arent guys getting paid minimum wage at a part time job, they are getting paid rather well already and if already established in the league will get looks at other spots in the NFL or college if they want it.

I doubt any coach on this staff gets fired this offseason though, they will blame the results on not having the players they need cause they were so cap strapped and go into next year with the same staff (for continuity) and hope for better results.

As for coaches on playoff teams, the only way any are getting poached is if they are getting a promotion, or in the less likely case, a team decides to fire them. No team is just going to let another team interview a coach on their staff so another team can take them away for the same job.

The oline was bad because we have crappy players. How do we know the position coach holds any blame?

Special teams was bad because we had guys starting who should have been on special teams, and guys on special teams who should be sitting at home watching the games on TV. Again, it's a talent issue.

I don't care AT ALL who we have as position coaches. Our HC and coordinators can keep whomever they like. And I am not willing to blame our special teams coordinator for having a bad result with very bad players.

10 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

There is literally no evidence or that. In fact, just the contrary, while it is true we lost out on others, we were a part of those conversations. We didn’t lose out on anyone for not acting quick enough. 

"There was no evidence either way, but my opinion is 100% right"

There was enough evidence that Dennison was not a top choice as it was reported by a million different people. 

7 hours ago, MJS said:

The oline was bad because we have crappy players. How do we know the position coach holds any blame?

Special teams was bad because we had guys starting who should have been on special teams, and guys on special teams who should be sitting at home watching the games on TV. Again, it's a talent issue.

I don't care AT ALL who we have as position coaches. Our HC and coordinators can keep whomever they like. And I am not willing to blame our special teams coordinator for having a bad result with very bad players.

The organization seems to agree with me. 

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

"There was no evidence either way, but my opinion is 100% right"

There was enough evidence that Dennison was not a top choice as it was reported by a million different people. 

The organization seems to agree with me. 

Yeah, but it’s not like we lost out on interviews or something because of the delay. We literally got interviews with all the people we wanted. Now, some may have chosen other destinations, but there is no evidence that the few day delay had any impact. You are just making stuff up.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Crickets just stopped chirping..

Crickets wielding axes like a mofo

• Haha (+1) 2