Bills Assistant Coach Termination Watch Update: Crickets at OBD

Nextmanup

19 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why drag your feet?  McD has a whole season worth of work to evaluate.  Just get it over with an move on to finding new coordinators and position coaches.

I’m pretty sure McDermott has a handle on things. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Actually, yes.  You want to grab the good candidates early as possible.

And, what if the good candidates don’t want to come to Buffalo or have connections elsewhere? Should we fire just to fire?

Relax. Name a time where we dragged our feet firing a positions coach and we lost out because of it.

We will be fine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

When it's Teflon Juan (PLEASE!!!), yes, I will be dancing in the street.   I do NOT want that incompetent coaching (ruining) all the talented new OL they will certainly bring in.

Show me your certificate from Arthur Murray Dance School and I will look forward to your dancing.

There is NOTHING that prevents Bills from signing a new coach before firing an old coach and Bills pay them for entire season regardless.  Let the other teams be first at firing and let Coach McD spend time evaluating coaches let go and whether they are better than current coaches.

If you truly think it is important to fire a coach start a GoFundMe campaign and give the money to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

McDermott cares about running a meticulous, professional organization.  For him, it seems its more important to take the time to do a thorough review  and then make important decisions.  I could be wrong, but it seems that has always been his M.O. For example, I recall it taking a few days for Dennison to be fired last year. 

This.

McDermott is methodical.  Today is focused on end of season evaluations of players.  Then he'll move on to end of season evaluation of coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

And, what if the good candidates don’t want to come to Buffalo or have connections elsewhere? Should we fire just to fire?

Relax. Name a time where we dragged our feet firing a positions coach and we lost out because of it.

We will be fine. 

I create a thread as a place holder for monitoring any possible coaching staff firings as it's that time of year, or discussion regarding which firings, if any, might be appropriate, and you respond, four times in an hour, with snarky responses.

What is it you are threatened by?

Have you asked yourself that yet?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would give them a few weeks to find Crossman's replacement.  I expect Crossman to go.  Jst say'in, I have read some sympatric comments for Crossman around the league.  Our roster was so gutted of veterans that the coverage teams really suffered by the lack of talent. 

I doubt Castillo gets fired.  He is villainized here but around the league he is well respected. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

When it's Teflon Juan (PLEASE!!!), yes, I will be dancing in the street.   I do NOT want that incompetent coaching (ruining) all the talented new OL they will certainly bring in.

You're gonna dance in the streets because an offensive line coach is fired? Better be prepared for that 72 hour involuntary hold.?

Happy New Year Bob!

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

We will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

How many staffs are being hired between now and Wednesday or Thursday?

FIRE THEM RIGHT ***** NOW!! (and then hang up)

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s not Daboll’s fault he and Allen found so many openings and weaknesses.  It’s not Castillo’s fault Beane went for Murphy and Star on McDermott’s whims.  Hit and miss with both Star and Trent providing veteran leadership and a firm foundation in the rotational room.  Juan is formulating his offensive linemen though and they are felling as a unit.  Dissiapointing that so many players literally dropped off the line and didn’t even develop Groy is a catalyst of that.  So much talent and yet, he’s completely lost; one might say it’s a psychological block and that’s all you can say.