Brady says he plans to play in 2019 and beyond...

The Senator

10 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m with you !!! 

Hopefully this offseason will add some weapons on offense OL/WR maybe even TE/RB and give Josh a fair shot of beating them , I would like nothing more then TAKE the division from them and MAKE him retire!

I didn’t really hate Joe Montana but living in Niner country was tough at times.  Still the lasting memory of a dinged Montana in a Bills playoff rout over the Chiefs was sweet.

I would like to see a similar scenario with Brady.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I didn’t really hate Joe Montana but living in Niner country was tough at times.  Still the lasting memory of a dinged Montana in a Bills playoff rout over the Chiefs was sweet.

I was at that game.  The entire defensive line met Montana at the same instant.  What a train wreck.

I agree.  That would work as a perfect career-ending moment for Brady.

How do you tell a GOAT type player that he needs to start prepping an exit plan? A lot of the great ones had trouble coming to terms with their own playing mortality and ended up rather ungraciously exiting from their organizations...some to retire, some to eke out a few more seasons somewhere else because they still felt like they had “it,” which was a 50/50 proposition any given week; TB12 in Kraft’s mind has probably earned himself the right to do it however he wants to, including playing a few more years in decline, but I feel like Belichick is a different proposition—he’s always handled players as commodities that you buy/sell and don’t think about it in nostalgic terms. Get the popcorn ?! But at the end of the day, I’m more worried about our own house and taking care of our business, which will hopefully someday include a straight up beat down of these same Pats, consistently.

12 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

We’ll see, but I get the impression that he wants to go out a winner.  Things are definitely trending downward and I think we all can see it.  If he wins the Super Bowl this year, I would bet he calls it a career but we’ll see

They (QBs) all want to go out as a winner. Truth is, this rarely happens. Usually QBs stay in the league about 3-5 years too long and end up being a detriment to their team. Even the great ones. I’m glad Brady wants to stay around. He can play for as long as he desires. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Whites Bay said:

I was at that game.  The entire defensive line met Montana at the same instant.  What a train wreck.

I agree.  That would work as a perfect career-ending moment for Brady.

Thst was at most the third hardest hit on Montana 

leonard Marshall made him take almost two years off and Jim Burt put the hurt on Joe but good

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Joe Montana was (is) a decent, likable guy... a regular Joe, so to speak. Brady is not, and I think he enjoys being despised for the arrogant jerk that he is.

On that last day of Montana’s career in Buffalo he looked like he had a concussion. I would enjoy seeing Brady’s career end in Buffalo, too, with him sitting on the bench not knowing where - or even WHO he is! Is that mean?

We are starting to see Tom Brady show his age, and his passing ability is clearly trending down.

Assuming this isn't injury related, age is something a player can't just work around.  He's going to get worse, not better.

Consider this.  Brady was not a factor in the Patriots beating the Bills in either game this year.

We lost the first game because of Derek Anderson sucking, and the second game because of our run defense.

• Like (+1) 1

I assume this has already been said in this thread, but i didn’t read it all.  But I am at the point where I don’t even care if Brady retires.  There was a day when I would just dream about the day the division was up for grabs because Brady was gone.  But he looked so terrible this past week that I honestly don’t even view him as a threat anymore.  That’s of course assuming we improve.  But if you can’t beat the Patriots now, then I don’t think you’re much of a threat to any other team in the afc either.  

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, Gronkowski's retirement is a foregone conclusion.  

The Patriots need a few "down" seasons to really retool that entire team.  The margin of "getting by" is razor thin at this point. 

You're not winning championships with a nearly 42-year old quarterback so other than nostalgia, I don't see the point of the Patriots continuing the charade.  

Edited by dpberr

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

IMO, I think Gronkowski's retirement is a foregone conclusion.  

The Patriots need a few "down" seasons to really retool that entire team.  The margin of "getting by" is razor thin at this point. 

You're not winning championships with a nearly 42-year old quarterback so other than nostalgia, I don't see the point of the Patriots continuing the charade.  

The sad thing is that if they beat the Jets, another trip to the SB is a very real possibility. I wouldn't want to coach against BB in a SB, and it is the case that every one of their 8 SBs has come down to the final minute. (Say what you will about the Pats, but when the play in the SB, you're assured of an excellent, exciting game.)

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The sad thing is that if they beat the Jets, another trip to the SB is a very real possibility. I wouldn't want to coach against BB in a SB, and it is the case that every one of their 8 SBs has come down to the final minute. (Say what you will about the Pats, but when the play in the SB, you're assured of an excellent, exciting game.)

I have it as Seahawks-Pats rematch. Pats fans walking around acting like they aren’t making the SB is so gross. Heard a few of them say they are scared of the Ravens. Silly.

The AFC is weak and the Pats getting a bye week is a huge benefit for the old man. I hope I’m wrong on this but I don’t see anyone beating them. I’m pulling for the Steelers to make it in, they would have a good chance.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

After seeing him play this year, I hope he keeps playing and they ignore drafting to replace him.

^^^^^Post of the day Wiz, Post. Of. The. Day.

I would only add, really need to see the Bills straight up handle their business against Hoodie & Co., because from a coaching standpoint the qualitative difference is still way too marked, aging Tom or not, as we saw this week with lack of critical in-game adjustments.  

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

I have it as Seahawks-Pats rematch. Pats fans walking around acting like they aren’t making the SB is so gross. Heard a few of them say they are scared of the Ravens. Silly.

The AFC is weak and the Pats getting a bye week is a huge benefit for the old man. I hope I’m wrong on this but I don’t see anyone beating them. I’m pulling for the Steelers to make it in, they would have a good chance.

I do think that NE would lose to the Chiefs in KC, but who knows who the Chiefs end up playing in Round 1. They'll crush TN if that's who they end up playing, but they could easily lose to SD, Baltimore, and Indy.  I think the Browns are a tough matchup for the Ravens this weekend, but I also think the Ravens will likely win that game given how they're playing and what happened last year. Plus Harbaugh is a better coach than Gregg-o.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I do think that NE would lose to the Chiefs in KC, but who knows who the Chiefs end up playing in Round 1. They'll crush TN if that's who they end up playing, but they could easily lose to SD, Baltimore, and Indy.  I think the Browns are a tough matchup for the Ravens this weekend, but I also think the Ravens will likely win that game given how they're playing and what happened last year. Plus Harbaugh is a better coach than Gregg-o.

Chiefs are too soft. They could easily lose their first game, the weather in KC won’t be well suited for that Big 12 style of football. A physical team will thrash them. 

Just now, CommonCents said:

Chiefs are too soft. They could easily lose their first game, the weather in KC won’t be well suited for that Big 12 style of football. A physical team will thrash them. 

I disagree to an extent. The teams that have beaten them all have elite QBs and simply outscored them (NE, SD, Seattle, and LA). The Ravens put up more of a defensive fight, but the Chiefs still racked up points and yards. They're going to score regardless of weather; their QB and top skill players are too good for that not to happen.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It’s so nice and thoughtful to see from him that the concussion issue his wife and family is so concerned about is no biggie to him.

You have all the money in the world, but to hell with you families reasonable concerns.

Well, to be fair Donuts, my wife pretty much rules our roost, so it stands to reason that TB12's affinity for mom-jeans during the off-seasons proves he reigns supreme in the Bundchen household as well--and I think in his mind he can will away any lasting effects from head hits, and Giselle just doesn't get it!   

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I disagree to an extent. The teams that have beaten them all have elite QBs and simply outscored them (NE, SD, Seattle, and LA). The Ravens put up more of a defensive fight, but the Chiefs still racked up points and yards. They're going to score regardless of weather; their QB and top skill players are too good for that not to happen.

The highs last year for the middle of January in KC were 22 degrees. If their passing game can carry them in weather like that I will put Mahomes in the HOF now. I have my doubts that a spread attack is going to beat a physical team that time of year in those conditions, with Andy Reid as HC.

3 hours ago, Moose said:

Joe Montana was (is) a decent, likable guy... a regular Joe, so to speak. Brady is not, and I think he enjoys being despised for the arrogant jerk that he is.

How do you know Montana is a decent guy? This always puzzles me. For all I know, Brady is a decent guy and Montana is a jerk. We really don't KNOW these athletes like we think we do. Some of the personality stuff is media driven. Peyton Manning is considered a "great guy," but I've heard he's actually a POS and a swinger. Frankly, I don't know what's true and that's rather the point.

4 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

We will see how long he wants to play once Gronk retires after this season

Gronk has only been around for one full season over the past 3

the ONLY diff i see is Amendola wasn't completely replaced, that took a lot of air out of the O

that can be fixed quick for next year

22 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

He needs to stop embarassing himself and retire. It's clearly time. But a broken down Brady is a good thing for the rest of the division. Especially if they don't draft his replacement. And looking at the Pats draft picks lately, even his replacement may be a bust.

Seriously.  Playing all 15 games so far this season, amassing 4105 passing yards with 25 TD and 11 INT .... what an embarrassment. 

I hope Josh Allen is that embarrassing for years to come!

9 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Gronk in New England is done. He has a 12mil cap hit for 2019.  No way they go into the season with that.

they won it without him two years ago

he might have a cat's bounce of excellence

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they won it without him two years ago

he might have a cat's bounce of excellence

I doubt it. He isnt hurt. They save 10 mil in real cash if they cut him

Cutting both him and Allen puts 17.5 mil back on the books

Edited by Chris66

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

land elsewhere?

Cant see anyone paying more than 3-4 for his blocking ability. Add in he hasnt spent any of his money. Plus he could make that on wwe.

Im wondering if san fran would make a trade with pats for nick mullins. Kind of a Garrapolo return favor..

Edited by Chris66

Good. He's losing it. I hope his ego makes him playing so long both he and the Pats regret it. His last few performances against the Bills show our secondary is the perfect poison for the new version of Brady.

We also oughta send a few blitzes on him as he's struggling against those for the first time in his career. Makes sense if you go by Warren Moon's statement that the legs go first and Brady's reaction and ability to step quickly on quick outs is going.

Only problem I see going here is if Patriots make a big effort to beef up the OL with Michel, retool on those cheap and available WRs Brady loves. Brady with a dominant rush and OL is something we've never seen and i"'ll be pissed if we have an Elway Terrel Davis situation developing

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

For the 1st time in a long time, I believe the end is near for Brady....I've been waiting since 2008 to finally see the decline and this season showed us a less than perfect Brady...There's still however a small part of me that thinks that this is just an injury to his left knee....Who here would be truly surprised if somehow, he comes back next season and looks like last year ?.....If someone can, it's that maniac !!

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’ll play  in 2019and that will be it. It would be surprising for even Blob Kraft to re-sign  a QB that will be 43 when opening day rolls around. Expect next season to be the swan song for the Tom Brady led version of the Patriots. 

Next year will be his last. He won't even make the SB this season and I guarantee you Giselle will start putting more pressure on him. The Patsies and their arrogant city will be without a qb for years.