You have to love Josh Allen...

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

His medium to long range passes are great.  Needs to work on the quick hitters.  

Which is such a different problem than "can hit the short throws but not the intermediate or deep routes".  I really like Allen and hope he's the real deal.  We've waited long enough!   

9 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

You people have very low NFL QB standards.  Even as a rookie, Josh Allen is an average QB.

:thumbdown:

I don't expect to see Aaorn Rodgers what I watch Josh Allen.  I'm watching a guy who had the most growing to do of any of this year's rookie QBs.  What I'm seeing is a QB who is growing.  I think in the future it will be untealistic for him to run as much or as successfully as he did today.  If he keeps attempting ro run as often as he did today, he's going to end up in a cast, but I think as hos reads get better and quicker, he won't feel the need to run as often.  As the Bills make an effort to upgrade thei receivers and offensive line in the offseason, I think his passing game will become more effective too, but he's good enough to win some games right now, and I think he has a pretty high ceiling.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m loving his energy. If this kid can learn the idiosyncries of the short to mid level passing game he will be a handful for opposing defenses for years to come. He definitely reminds me of 2004 Big Ben. His big gun will open up so many running lanes as teams have to drop back men into coverage to account for his deep ball. He’s a hard QB to defend and can never be counted out.

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Looooooooong way to go on Allen. Fitz played with the same vigor and tenacity, not saying they are the same but rather that playing with energy is not enough. 

Still I can't wait to see how Allen can do with a more complete set of offensive talent around him

Fits also threw interception at the worst possible time notice how Alan doesn’t do that

1 minute ago, greenyellowred said:

Where ae the fools now who wanted Mahomes??!?! LOL. Allen > Mahomes. Period.

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

He's a bad quarterback but his energy is 2nd to none.

Bad QB? WTH. You party poopers are so annoying. His long pass was THE longest by any Bills ROOKIE QB, and the first Bills QB ever to rush for over 100 yards (before the kneeldowns gone him back to 99)

How many picks did he throw? 

Yeah he is such a bad QB, especially for a rookie with a subpar cast around him.... You guys are way worse than Ramsay. At least he congratulated Allen and actually plays.

• Like (+1) 2

I was hoping for what he showed today but was worried we would see no improvement. Clearly, he has been studying and working!

I said it in the game thread; Give this kid a competent O-line and better receivers and we can win with him. 

A bunch of CoTers continually pointed out TTs ability to make lemonade out of his O-Line? JA did that in spades today. He had multiple plays where his pocket awareness got him out of some serious negative outcomes. 

He had some bad passes but maybe that was miscommunication with his receivers and clearly one was a near sack.

He also made some NFL level passes, some of which were negated by penalty but that’s not on him.

He will have some more bad games this year. I can accept those because it is part of the process but I feel much better after this game.

31 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

You people have very low NFL QB standards.  Even as a rookie, Josh Allen is an average QB.

yeah. stats are average or worse. accuracy leaves a bit to be desired. but this kid wants to win. he seems to care about all the things we want him to care about. he's smart. he's a competitor. and he made me jump out of my seat and swear...in a good way. so dude, i am all in!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Exactly.  Hes got some growing to do.   But if its 3rd and 20.  He throws is 21.  Or runs like he can get there every time.  He will not take the check down....which is lovely to see

Great post!

28 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I saw a much better QB, and the refs and OLine did everything they could to take away from him. It wont show in the stats but he played quite well.

Don't forget the dropped passes by WR's, one of them that big one to Thompson.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

You should probably just stop "just saying" and watch another sport

I can say whatever I choose. He had almost 100 yards rushing, and few big plays in the passing in game. When Tyrod did it, everyone had a problem with it. I'm just saying...You watch another sport. 

28 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

His medium to long range passes are great.  Needs to work on the quick hitters.  

He made a bunch of big plays today that changed the outcome, and a couple big plays that were called back. You're right that he needs to work on his overall consistency but for a rookie he's in a really good spot. He also has very little help around him and the Jags defense is no joke.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

I can say whatever I choose. He had almost 100 yards rushing, and few big plays in the passing in game. When Tyrod did it, everyone had a problem with it. I'm just saying...You watch another sport. 

Agree to an extent. Tyrod was not a passing threat. Allen is. Tyrod was great at not turning the ball over and running the ball. Allen's upside is lights out over Tyrod' s.

23 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Exactly.  Hes got some growing to do.   But if its 3rd and 20.  He throws is 21.  Or runs like he can get there every time.  He will not take the check down....which is lovely to see

He can't check down... his short game is his biggest weakness. Eventually you want to find a healthy balance. 

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

He reminds me of Tebow at this point.  Great athlete.  Good runner.  Charismatic. Not accurate.  

I'd say Bortles is more like Tebow, apart from charisma. Josh Allen has a far better arm and has the ability to be very accurate. He's just inconsistent.

34 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Looooooooong way to go on Allen. Fitz played with the same vigor and tenacity, not saying they are the same but rather that playing with energy is not enough. 

Still I can't wait to see how Allen can do with a more complete set of offensive talent around him

And fitz had a noodle arm which made him irrelevant.  Fitz still has a noodle arm which still makes him irrelevant.  Fitz will always be irrelavant because of his noodle arm.

Josh Allen has a cannon and is fast.  He will always be relevant.  Whether or not relavent is good enough to be a champion is Tbd.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, downunderbill said:

Competent rookie QB and stacking the team isn't exactly a trend. Isn't that the goal of every team unless the have a competent vet QB?

52 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

You should pick another team....please.

The kid played a really good game and lets remember its only his seventh start.

Everyone wanted to see him take the next step up the ladder and he did that today.

The Jags have a good D its their QB that holds them back.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Ps.  I never said that he was the best QB in the league.  I said you have to love his attitude and passion.  He still has work to do  

I get it. Allen’s body language and attitude are exactly what you want.