Kelvin Benjamin has checked out. Just bench him.

LTF

It is time for the Bills to just bench Benjamin. He is earning $530,000 a week or $3,200,000 over the next 6 weeks and is already talking like the season is over. It is almost like he has already moved on. With 6 games to go and with him earning over 3 million for those games, he certainly should not be already talking about "a fresh start" and making comments like the season is already over.  When a guy is in his contract year and he is already writing off the season, he should not be stepping on the field. It sucks to have to pay a guy all that money to sit on a bench, but he does not even belong on the roster any longer. Ever time he gets on the field is at the expense of experience for a young receiver that might have a future in Buffalo.

If he wants to stop getting bombarded on social media, he should get in shape. He is earning $500k a week. Is it too much to ask him to be physically prepared to play?

“It’s just a bad season,” Benjamin said. “You can’t help that. It is what it is. But just football man. You have good seasons, you have bad seasons. I’ve had successful seasons in this league. I’m going to have plenty more. For some reason, it’s just not the year.”

“I mean bombarded with just social media. I can’t really get on there and really have fun with it no more because they’ve kinda taken the fun out of that. Just bombarded by the fans. Just bombarded by people. It’s the way of our life, I guess, right now.”

Edited by LTF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Benching him is what he wants.  He wants to sit out, not get hurt, and collect his money.  Then blame the team for his low production once he becomes a free agent.   

I would dress him but see no need to start him.   Let him play situationally.  Make him work.  

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Benching him is what he wants.  He wants to sit out, not get hurt, and collect his money.  Then blame the team for his low production once he becomes a free agent.   

I would dress him but see no need to start him.   Let him play situationally.  Make him work.  

Why? What do the Bills get out of playing him? Sometimes you just have to eat the contract. When he gets on the field it is like playing with 10 players.

• Like (+1) 1

Why?   Haven’t we ate enough contracts?   He is on the team that’s why. 

I believe you should work for your pay. 

You asked and I responded -  I would not play his game and bench him.  

Go to work Benjamin and catch the dam ball.  He should know that the film does not lie and he is looking for his next gig. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LTF said:

It is time for the Bills to just bench Benjamin. He is earning $530,000 a week or $3,200,000 over the next 6 weeks and is already talking like the season is over. It is almost like he has already moved on. With 6 games to go and with him earning over 3 million for those games, he certainly should not be already talking about "a fresh start" and making comments like the season is already over.  When a guy is in his contract year and he is already writing off the season, he should not be stepping on the field. It sucks to have to pay a guy all that money to sit on a bench, but he does not even belong on the roster any longer. Ever time he gets on the field is at the expense of experience for a young receiver that might have a future in Buffalo.

If he wants to stop getting bombarded on social media, he should get in shape. He is earning $500k a week. Is it too much to ask him to be physically prepared to play?

“It’s just a bad season,” Benjamin said. “You can’t help that. It is what it is. But just football man. You have good seasons, you have bad seasons. I’ve had successful seasons in this league. I’m going to have plenty more. For some reason, it’s just not the year.”

“I mean bombarded with just social media. I can’t really get on there and really have fun with it no more because they’ve kinda taken the fun out of that. Just bombarded by the fans. Just bombarded by people. It’s the way of our life, I guess, right now.”

Uh....yeah you can help it. Quit sucking. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

At least he gets less threads than Peterman/Peterson/Peyerman...(I think...?)

There is a difference. Peterman sucked but he tried to earn his money. He just was not good. Benjamin is not in shape. He doesn't make an effort when he is on the field. He is taking reps from a young receiver.  Wish the best to Peterman in the CFL or in the real world. Don't feel like he was not giving an effort. He was just bad. Benjamin is acting like a guy who just wants to get paid and leave Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Why?   Haven’t we ate enough contracts?   He is on the team that’s why. 

I believe you should work for your pay. 

You asked and I responded -  I would not play his game and bench him.  

Go to work Benjamin and catch the dam ball.  He should know that the film does not lie and he is looking for his next gig. 

I hear your point, and I kind of agree that benching him gives him what he wants.  Makes me pissed that we traded for him.  

To the counterpoint, however, we have a crowded and young WR group right now.   Let’s get these other guys playing time, and let KB be a healthy inactive for the rest of the season.  Send a message to our players about effort and commitment.  Besides, what is he doing for us out there anyway?  I’d rather give snaps to Thompson, Foster and McKenzie right now.  Evaluate for the future.

• Like (+1) 2

If he doesn’t want to play then just make him inactive. What an embarrassment that would be to not be able to dress for this team. That would certainly hurt him in the offseason. Teams will take notice of that. Don’t just hide him on the sideline during the games. Make him inactive and then play good with the other guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If he doesn’t want to play then just make him inactive. What an embarrassment that would be to not be able to dress for this team. That would certainly hurt him in the offseason. Teams will take notice of that. Don’t just hide him on the sideline during the games. Make him inactive and then play good with the other guys.

This makes the most sense. This coach seems to get attached to players from Carolina and guys like Peterman. He gives them way too many chances.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I’d flat out cut him.

Some team will swoop in and sign him then quickly cut him when they realize how slow and bad his game really is.

I was a fan of the trade when we made it. I currently have no respect for KB’s game. IMO, he is lazy.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’d flat out cut him.

Some team will swoop in and sign him then quickly cut him when they realize how slow and bad his game really is.

I was a fan of the trade when we made it. I currently have no respect for KB’s game. IMO, he is lazy.

If we cut him and another team picks him up, are they then on the hook for the rest of his salary for the year? If so, I’d cut him. 

45 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

...me too...in polka dots..........obviously preserving himself for UFA OBJ money, right?...................

1 hour ago, LTF said:

After the first game I was ready for him to be made inactive for at least a couple games. Now I think I’m with you, let him dress each week and sit the bench. I think that being a “healthy scratch” might hurt his pride worse.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

After the first game I was ready for him to be made inactive for at least a couple games. Now I think I’m with you, let him dress each week and sit the bench. I think that being a “healthy scratch” might hurt his pride worse.

...NOT to worry...he "took it upon himself".............

I'd make him inactive.  That's humiliating for a player.  Let him explain to the press about why he's not active.  Coach McD can simply tout the Belichick response to the press “We put the best players out there and the gameplan out there because we thought it’d be the best to win,” (his exact response to his Butler benching).  He'll be lucky to get a low level prove-it deal next season; you can bet coaches and GMs talk to each other in the off season about former players.

Teams arent stupid, they see what is going on, it is too late for him to recover his rep, they see a few good games at season end they aren't going to trust him, it wil be painfully obvious why he is suddenly "motivated".

As for him having good seasons, his rookie season he  had barely over 1,000 yards and 9TDs his rookie year,   each year after that both yards and TD have decreased.

Look at this TDs each year: 9, 7, 3, 1.

KB has cost himself millions upon millions this year, the tape doesnt lie, the stats dont lie.

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Teams arent stupid, they see what is going on, it is too late for him to recover his rep, they see a few good games at season end they aren't going to trust him, it wil be painfully obvious why he is suddenly "motivated".

As for him having good seasons, his rookie season he  had barely over 1,000 yards and 9TDs his rookie year,   each year after that both yards and TD have decreased.

Look at this TDs each year: 9, 7, 3, 1.

KB has cost himself millions upon millions this year, the tape doesnt lie, the stats dont lie.

...no way to gauge the Intel chip between their ears.....safe to say Chad Kelly did the same thing....as have and will others....go figure......where the hell are they in their 50's or 60's screwing up THIS EARLY?.........

1 hour ago, LTF said:

another troll thread that needs to be closed asap.

• Sad 1

You know what KB?  When you drop 5 TD passes that could have made a difference in this "bad season", the fans gonna blow you some *****.  Suck it up, buttercup.  Soft physically, soft mentally.  This guy doesn't fit the process at all, so why the ***** is he playing, McD?  Send a message already and bench this POS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yeah he is in a contract year.  He doesn't want to sit it out.  He needs to have alot of good games at the end of the year with Josh to get a big contract.

Buffalo won't sit him either.

where do people come up with this stuff?

4 minutes ago, kota said:

Yeah he is in a contract year.  He doesn't want to sit it out.  He needs to have alot of good games at the end of the year with Josh to get a big contract.

....either you're his agent, relative , a literary wit at sarcasm, out on medical furlough until Sunday or Benjabum himself...

• Like (+1) 1

If you go on social media to personally attack Benjamin you have removed all doubt that you are a complete f*cking assh*le.

If you have an issue with KB be critical of management that acquired him and decide on his playing time.............but even then you don't have to jump on THEIR social media.

Plenty of places to discuss the team performance.

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I agree with that BUT he's a guaranteed loss of a down almost every play he's used in.

1 hour ago, kota said:

That’s the crazy part! Who checks out in a contract year? And who would sign a guy to a big contract after a year like this? His best option is a cheap one year prove-it deal, and hope everybody forgets. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

TD Benjamin oh wait he dropped it. How many times do we have to hear that this year.

Dropped it... Against da bears he didn't even attempt to catch an easy pass. 

because he saw two defenders closing in on him. It fell in front of him..

He stood there and just watched it. There is more than one HC who would bench a player like that for the rest of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

I won't bash a player on his own Twitter feed, but I have a hard time sympathizing with his statement that fans are "taking all the fun out of social media." Speaking as a fan, lazy players are taking all the fun out of watching football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I won't bash a player on his own Twitter feed, but I have a hard time sympathizing with his statement that fans are "taking all the fun out of social media." Speaking as a fan, lazy players are taking all the fun out of watching football.

The guy is a moron.  The whole point of social media is so every Tom, Dick and Harry can get there opinion out there as if it matters. I'm sure social media would be a lot more fun for him if he didn't have a ***** attitude and a lazy work ethic.