Derek Anderson to start vs Colts

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Logan Thomas is barely good enough to be on the active roster as a TE. He has no business in the QB room. Emergency QB's basically hand the ball off and try not to turn it over. 

Either does peterman and Thomas would allow them to have an extra roster spot.  

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Cleveland’s offense was the worst in the league that year so it’ll be just like old times!

Here's the link to the 2009 roster where Brady Quinn was the starter for about half the season:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2009_roster.htm

Talk about no one to throw to, woof!

Here's the link to the 2007 season when Anderson went 10-5:

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cleveland-browns/roster/2007?sort=pos

In 2007 there were some better options, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to name a couple while Jamal Lewis was younger and playing like it with 1,300 yards; Edwards had almost 1,300 yds and 16 TDs - mostly from Derek Anderson. 

Now, I have NO idea if Anderson will be any good, but pointing just to 2009 may be like pointing to 2018 for Josh Allen seven years from now when only Bills fans will remember a quitter at outside WR, often injured over-priced TE, an aging RB, two Rookie WRs, and one second year WR that is still rounding into form. That said, I think Anderson does better than Allen or Peterman, although that's not saying much.  

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What we should feel lucky in is that McD is not so stubborn that he refuses to make changes.....

I do think he tends to make changes a week to late in certain postions......but that is crystal ball watching

I like that as well. He does not appear to suffer from short term ego issues in trying to correct what he sees week to week

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Watch Anderson pop off like 300 yds and 3tds. Then some TBD'ers will say we should make Anderson the undeniable starter for the rest of 2018.

I’ll take that “problem” should it arise—cross that bridge if and when! Not even Montana could make KB give 110% out there right now though 

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Watch Anderson pop off like 300 yds and 3tds. Then some TBD'ers will say we should make Anderson the undeniable starter for the rest of 2018.

With our luck/history, he'll get beat up 1st half then re-retire at half time, forcing us to trot out Peterman!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Oh and BTW, that’s already a thing...

Why Derek Anderson should start the rest of the season...

By Simon,  Monday at 08:55 PM in The Stadium Wall

It wouldnt surprise me to see Peterman off the bench this week. DA has no experience behind our line and no chemistry with the receivers. He also hasn't been hit in 2 years. He will see alot of hits and zero separation from the receivers.

Unless the oline decides to man up and run block this week with 8 in the box, DA isnt gonna make it. Just my opinion. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hope those words don’t come back to haunt—after all, these are the Bills. But seriously I think the D will step up and make this a game. 

Tasker was laughing on WGR, saying the last time Anderson was in a game, in on one play to cover for Cam Newton, he threw an interception!

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hope those words don’t come back to haunt—after all, these are the Bills. But seriously I think the D will step up and make this a game. 

I am hoping that Hughes, Kyle, and the rest of the D just walked up to Anderson and said get us 180-200 yards passing and we will do the rest!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Which fundamentalist Christian sect does Anderson belong to?

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Fitz was the Amish Rifle. Nate was the Episcopalian Peashooter.

As a Christian I am amazed at how posters can mock Faith but yet want Christians to keep Faith to themselves. Mocking is okay but don't preach it. Seems there is a bit of hypocrisy shown at times.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

As a Christian I am amazed at how posters can mock Faith but yet want Christians to keep Faith to themselves. Mocking is okay but don't preach it. Seems there is a bit of hypocrisy shown at times.

It is obviously a joke. I am not mocking anything. Except Nathan Peterman of course.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It is obviously a joke. I am not mocking anything. Except Nathan Peterman of course.

Just my opinion but there seems to be a lot of posts referencing Faith in a negative context. Joking or mocking it's still getting old to me and at this point not funny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We have a washed up QB, who hasn't been in a uniform for a year..............

We have a half baked OLine.............

We have terrible WR's.................

Do you think Indy will be looking for Shady to run the ball this week ?

Good Lord,................we stink.....................

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

At least we don't have to deal with the 'distraction' of having Kaepernick as a backup all season and up to speed to play. This is much better.

At least we don’t have the huge cap hit Kap would come with just to still lose through bad QB play 

46 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

People are in for a rude awakening on Sunday if they’re expecting something resembling competence. 

We haven't had a competent offense all year.  Why would anyone expect Anderson - with a week or so to prepare - to suddenly bring competency to this offense?

He may, however, be a step up from NP.  

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

At least we don’t have the huge cap hit Kap would come with just to still lose through bad QB play 

Who cares about the cap hit and I can't imagine it would be a huge one. But yeah, let's have a battle between 2 non NFL QB's to see who plays the next month or so. This is great.